Kentucky Derby Week Thread

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Breaking a bit earlier Caddo River the speed of the speed out of the Derby

looks like moderate pace now.

brooklyn Strong now in field

starininmydreams last one on the AE list now.. we shall see.

Valuist

EOG Master
Since they've changed the graded stakes criteria to exclude sprint races, we don't see the supersonic paces we used to.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm torn between John Sadler's Rock Your World and Todd Pletcher's Known Agenda.

I'll be trying to beat favored Essential Quality.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Saturday was Opening Night at Churchill Downs.

They used one of the later races on the Saturday night card to test out the relatively-new starting gate at Churchill.

No more auxiliary gate for the Kentucky Derby.

The new starting gate houses 20 horses.

The gate made its debut last fall.

1619415975293.png

Remind me again why any of us non degenerate horse racing people should give a shit about this? Y'all are just a bunch of fools giving CHDN your money as they fuck the racing industry over. HHR machines are coming into the track soon, once it does they will stop supporting this race and track like they have. Because in the end the average person doesn't give a shit about racing anymore.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hard to defend a gambling game ruined by those who oversee it.

My favorite part of horse racing?

It's still a game where you can turn a toothpick into a lumberyard.

And I love the big racing days.

Some of the Pick 4 and Pick 5 pools in New York, Florida, Kentucky and California are massive.

And more than $150 million will be bet on this year's Kentucky Derby.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Remind me again why any of us non degenerate horse racing people should give a shit about this? Y'all are just a bunch of fools giving CHDN your money as they fuck the racing industry over. HHR machines are coming into the track soon, once it does they will stop supporting this race and track like they have. Because in the end the average person doesn't give a shit about racing anymore.

Surprised about your views on this but you are entitled to your opinion...I still rather enjoy a day at the races than being at any ball park or stadium for a day....I enjoy being in the paddock eyeing all the horses and jockeys getting ready to race....I am a Let It Ride kinda guy....enjoy watching others at the track and enjoying the day....

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm torn between John Sadler's Rock Your World and Todd Pletcher's Known Agenda.

I'll be trying to beat favored Essential Quality.

I thought Medina Spirit ran sneaky good in the SA Derby. I know Rock Your World beat him by 4 lengths but look at the trips. Medina was 3 wide on both turns while RyW saved ground throughout.

We've seen some horses beaten in the SA Derby end up turning the tables in Louisville. And that gray haired guy knows a thing or two how to prepare a horse for first Saturday in May.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Surprised about your views on this but you are entitled to your opinion...I still rather enjoy a day at the races than being at any ball park or stadium for a day....I enjoy being in the paddock eyeing all the horses and jockeys getting ready to race....I am a Let It Ride kinda guy....enjoy watching others at the track and enjoying the day....
Agree 100% a day at the races beats a day anywhere else(even the golf course).

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
I thought Medina Spirit ran sneaky good in the SA Derby. I know Rock Your World beat him by 4 lengths but look at the trips. Medina was 3 wide on both turns while RyW saved ground throughout.

We've seen some horses beaten in the SA Derby end up turning the tables in Louisville. And that gray haired guy knows a thing or two how to prepare a horse for first Saturday in May.
I am whore for this rock your world, I made a nice score SA Derby dy. I will make a nice EXB with Medina, GL.

I grew up at the races, my father loved the ponies. There was real excitement back then, you actually watched the race and people got into it live. Since simulcasting became the thing the races are devoid of any excitement whatsoever. Last time I went to the races was at Arlington. I went to the paddock before a race, there were maybe 20 people watching what was going on. Went upstairs to watch a race and looked around during it, seemed like 60% of the people weren't paying attention to the race. Everyone was just on their phones betting on their accounts. As the horses headed down the stretch there was no noise other than the track announcer. Wasn't a duel but the race was reasonably close and no one was into it. About as exciting as an NFL preseason game in the fourth quarter. No thanks. Yeah the Derby is different, I did it once and doubt I'll ever do it again.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Still little nuggets of goodness to be found at good ol EOG.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Wow.....that's hitting it out of the park. Kudos.