Kobe Bryant got ZERO votes for MVP.

mofome

Banned
Re: Kobe Bryant got ZERO votes for MVP.

that seems hard to believe - figured there would be some kobe lover out there. not that he deserved a first place vote.

A guy who finishes 8th in scoring average with a 44% FG deserves no votes, end of discussion.

Yeah well it's a regular season award the last time I checked. Who had the better regular season?

Really? Based on what? If you are arguing that they should award the MVP after the playoffs I can understand that. Kobe didn;t have the better regular season though.

Kobe has always rubbed people the wrong way with his arrogance (and rape accusation). He is a tremendous talent, but he carries himself in a way that pisses many off unlike, say, Dwyane Wade who is a class act and is grounded even though he's a superstar.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Kobe has always rubbed people the wrong way with his arrogance (and rape accusation). He is a tremendous talent, but he carries himself in a way that pisses many off unlike, say, Dwyane Wade who is a class act and is grounded even though he's a superstar.

Its most valuable PLAYER not most valuable POPULAR.

So what exactly is your argument here? You think Kobe was the best player in the regular season? Numbers don't support that.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

What player made SIX game winning shots this season besides Kobe?

Oh, I'm sorry, Lebron probably scored 50 every time they blew out the Wizards. That means a lot more. :doh1

Lebron plays for a much inferior team and still had more regular season wins, and his numbers were much better. If you take Lebron off that team they are a lottery team. Although I like Kobe more, people need to be realistic. Lebron had a better regular season than Kobe and it wasn't that close.

YeahBoyHowdy

EOG Member

Lebron plays for a much inferior team and still had more regular season wins, and his numbers were much better. If you take Lebron off that team they are a lottery team. Although I like Kobe more, people need to be realistic. Lebron had a better regular season than Kobe and it wasn't that close.

exactly. the mvp is a regular season award which lebron dominated. besides, i think kobe's more interested in adding another finals mvp. thats the (individual) trophy everyone wants.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

So, you're not factoring in that the Lakers had the much tougher reg season schedule? Also, Lebron was playing on a team where he was the only real option? What numbers are you going on, points scored? Rebounds? Blocked shots? Defensive stops? Second chance points?

I mean, if we're just going to give the MVP to the players who has the best 'stats' why not just call it 'the best stats award'

There's always a deeper story in 'numbers' if you choose to look.

So, you're not factoring in that the Lakers had the much tougher reg season schedule? Also, Lebron was playing on a team where he was the only real option? What numbers are you going on, points scored? Rebounds? Blocked shots? Defensive stops? Second chance points?

I mean, if we're just going to give the MVP to the players who has the best 'stats' why not just call it 'the best stats award'

There's always a deeper story in 'numbers' if you choose to look.

Take your pick I guess,Lebron was all around better during the regular season. Lebron took an inferior team to the Lakers and got more wins as well. Lebron would kill to have a player like Gasol I imagine. The fact that an inferior team to the Lakers got more wins in the reg season kills any argument. Oh yeah and Cleveland beat LA both times as well.

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Take your pick I guess,Lebron was all around better during the regular season. Lebron took an inferior team to the Lakers and got more wins as well. Lebron would kill to have a player like Gasol I imagine. The fact that an inferior team to the Lakers got more wins in the reg season kills any argument. Oh yeah and Cleveland beat LA both times as well.
That is your opinion, but that is far from the truth. The fact is that the East is inferior to the West. Boston went 50-32, 4th place in the East. With that record in the West, they might have not even made it in to the playoffs.

That is your opinion, but that is far from the truth. The fact is that the East is inferior to the West. Boston went 50-32, 4th place in the East. With that record in the West, they might have not even made it in to the playoffs.

Considering Lebron won the MVP by a wide margin I would say it's a fact. We can talk about the east being weaker but Lebron's supporting cast being weaker nullifies that. Lebron was clearly the regular season MVP. Give me a prime Kobe over Lebron but not this beaten up, well past prime version. Lebron had a better year than Kobe, and it wasn't that close.

Lebron MUCH better in the regular season, Kobe better so far in the playoffs.

Kobe is making shots he shouldn't even be taking, he is out of this world right now.

Durant also much better in regular season over Kobe, still not sure why Howard had a vote at all.