Kudos to Matt Carothers

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
With five minutes to post, Carothers on TVG tabbed a horse named By My Standards at odds of 49/1 to win the Louisiana Derby.

Carothers was trackside at his "lucky spot" when he made the selection.

Would you believe By My Standards won the race at odds of 22/1?

Great call by Carothers.

Valuist

EOG Master
Someone at TVG said that Be My Standards was 15/1 to 20/1 in other pools about two minutes to post. The computer program bettors hit it late

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
With five minutes to post, Carothers on TVG tabbed a horse named By My Standards at odds of 49/1 to win the Louisiana Derby.

Carothers was trackside at his "lucky spot" when he made the selection.

Would you believe By My Standards won the race at odds of 22/1?

Great call by Carothers.

This is why I hate betting the horses

Carothers gives out the pick at 49/1. People no doubt hear hims say this. figure ETF and bet it thus driving down the price to 22/1. Which is wht Carothers got paid on.

I understand the pari mutuel system but it is why I hate betting horses.

If this had been a football game and Matt gave out, say, Broncos +7 and people bet it and bet them down to +5 or less, Matt still has his +7 ticket in his hands. His bet is what he locked in at the window. The fact he bet it at 49/1 then had to wait until the race ended to see what his actual price is....stinks!

blueline

EOG Master
software had it listed at 19.8/1

he is oneof the very last people over there I would go to for a pick

blueline

EOG Master
This is why I hate betting the horses

Carothers gives out the pick at 49/1. People no doubt hear hims say this. figure ETF and bet it thus driving down the price to 22/1. Which is wht Carothers got paid on.

I understand the pari mutuel system but it is why I hate betting horses.

If this had been a football game and Matt gave out, say, Broncos +7 and people bet it and bet them down to +5 or less, Matt still has his +7 ticket in his hands. His bet is what he locked in at the window. The fact he bet it at 49/1 then had to wait until the race ended to see what his actual price is....stinks!

carothers did not move the price

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Someone at TVG said that Be My Standards was 15/1 to 20/1 in other pools about two minutes to post. The computer program bettors hit it late

Correct.

Used like a 12-1 or 15-1 shot in the multi-race pools like the Pick 3.

blueline

EOG Master
No idea if Hazelton picks chalk but for kids who grow up on the backside and become analysts" consistency is a virtue" in their handicapping which leads to chalk picks

blueline

EOG Master
He might not have but some listening to his pick helped move the price
Software , Thorograph and in SoCal I'm guessing clocker reports move the board.
What I use had fair value on the horse at 19.8/1....others are using much more sophisticated stuff than I'm using

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
Some good points by blue line but it’s amazing over the last several years the steam horses not winning..the 20-1 101 shot get bet in half and lose
But the clocker reports could have some hidden value

blueline

EOG Master
Some good points by blue line but it’s amazing over the last several years the steam horses not winning..the 20-1 101 shot get bet in half and lose
But the clocker reports could have some hidden value

this is not the actual morning line but a software adjusted morning line that accounts for scratches etc
horse that were bet down half or more of the adjusted morning line

32363 7380 23% 39% 53% 0.81 0.83 0.84