Kyle Schwarber

Re: Kyle Schwarber

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.a...am=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&page=2_30

He made a diving play as well, bad break on it, also recovered from stepping on his laces... this is classic confirmation bias.

Cespedes needs to be a DH more than Schwarber. Would keep him healthier and he's given up all fucks in caring about defense... how he went from a gold glover to one of the worst outfielders in baseball in a few years is crazy to me.

Every time I turn on a Sox game Nicky Delmonico is botching a ball in LF, but the numbers show he's not quite the worst LF so far.

Schwarber has to make diving plays when it would be routine for most because he gets such bad jumps and takes awful reads.
Hes a clown show in the field.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Schwarber has to make diving plays when it would be routine for most because he gets such bad jumps and takes awful reads.
Hes a clown show in the field.

and yet defensive metrics show him league average or so for LF

LF is where you stick your worst defender

there are at least 10 LF worse than him

facts are facts

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

What's funny is some here who cite defensive stats constantly when it benefits them now go no no no, the metrics that consistently put Schwarber at league average are way off base and he needs to go to AL

lol

clown show

I'm the most realist Cubs fan there is... I'd say I'm more pessimistic than most, I think we're doomed with Quintana and Darvish spearheading our rotation.

kane

EOG master

What's funny is some here who cite defensive stats constantly when it benefits them now go no no no, the metrics that consistently put Schwarber at league average are way off base and he needs to go to AL

lol

clown show

I'm the most realist Cubs fan there is... I'd say I'm more pessimistic than most, I think we're doomed with Quintana and Darvish spearheading our rotation.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAOThanks for the laugh kid

billysink

EOG Dedicated

shwarma is a platoon player with a career stat line of not much

I hope he plays left field for his entire career just for the highlight reel.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

OPS of .931

billy you're too obvious

cite rizzo 20 game sample

cite schwarber career split of .815 (still not bad for a kid his age)

durrrrrrrr

billysink

EOG Dedicated

lol

clown show

lulziwhip.

perfect.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

if shwarma went to AL he would DH against RHP. Never see the field again. Cubs gotta hide him somewhere. Contreras is a better LF.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

if shwarma went to AL he would DH against RHP. Never see the field again. Cubs gotta hide him somewhere. Contreras is a better LF.

defensive metrics you've cited and indicated you rely on says Schwarber is an average LF.

Please address this hypocrisy or admit you're a troll

billysink

EOG Dedicated

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.a...8&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Kyle Schwarber 5th out of 14 qualified LF in UZR/150, a stat preferred by Billy when discussing someone he was arguing was better than Kris Bryant.

You're a troll or a moron, don't care which, probably both

[FONT=&quot]CHICAGO — In an era before the Chicago Cubs won last year’s World Series, Kyle Schwarber’s sixth-inning error would have been labeled as a case of the billy goat rearing its cursed head.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In 2017, it’s just labeled as an awful defensive play that comes with the territory of putting Schwarber’s massive bat — but subpar glove — into a National League lineup.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warning: This play should not be viewed by children.

lulzibeen[/FONT]

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

He's been more consistent than Mike trout?

Yep.

Last 3 years for Rizzo

HR: 31, 32, 32
BB: 78, 74, 91
SO: 105, 108, 90
RBI: 101, 109, 109
OBP: .387, 385, .392
OPS: .899, .929, .899
Runs: 94, 99, 99

Trout's years have much different results, missed huge chunk of last year as well. In 2015, Trout had 41 HR and 11 SB... then 2016 he has 29 HR and 30 SB... more valuable player in 2016 overall but definitely not the same player from year to year.

You do know 'consistent' isn't a synonym for good, right? Of course Trout is a much better player, but Rizzo has been more consistent from year to year. And missing 50 games last year kinda takes him off the most consistent list. I saw Moncada hit the DL, rough break, might be a pattern for him, had an injury problem in the minors too.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

Yep.

Last 3 years for Rizzo

HR: 31, 32, 32
BB: 78, 74, 91
SO: 105, 108, 90
RBI: 101, 109, 109
OBP: .387, 385, .392
OPS: .899, .929, .899
Runs: 94, 99, 99

Trout's years have much different results, missed huge chunk of last year as well. In 2015, Trout had 41 HR and 11 SB... then 2016 he has 29 HR and 30 SB... more valuable player in 2016 overall but definitely not the same player from year to year.

You do know 'consistent' isn't a synonym for good, right? Of course Trout is a much better player, but Rizzo has been more consistent from year to year. And missing 50 games last year kinda takes him off the most consistent list. I saw Moncada hit the DL, rough break, might be a pattern for him, had an injury problem in the minors too.

What do stolen bases have to do with hitting?

What does moncada have to do with Rizzo being more consistent than trout or goldy or etc?

Trout wRC+ 167, 171, 170, 181. pretty consistent. What do runs scorer have to do with hitting?

Rizzo wRC+ 155, 145, 144, 133. Trout actually slightly more consistent and trout is trending up while Rizzo is trending down.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

it's ok man, Rizzo is more consistent, no shame in being wrong

you should be used to it

we never discussed it but you were really wrong about Chapman not being off last year

1.42 FIP in 2016 (your fave stat) to 2.56 FIP last year

huge spike, you said he was fine

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

how many hitters had 30+ HR all 4 years from 2014-2017?

OBP range in those 4 years: .386-.392
OPS range in those 4 years: .899-.928

The OBP range is especially impressive. .06 range over 4 years in 4 full seasons. Wacky.

MrTop

EOG Master

The OBP range is especially impressive. .06 range over 4 years in 4 full seasons. Wacky.

sharwber did not do that ... not even close

MrTop

EOG Master

rizo...good... screwd up year tho

lap18

EOG Dedicated

and yet defensive metrics show him league average or so for LF

LF is where you stick your worst defender

there are at least 10 LF worse than him

facts are facts

maybe there are 10 worse...please name them. I’m not sure that’s a true statement.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

maybe there are 10 worse...please name them. I’m not sure that’s a true statement.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.a...7&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Last year, set the minimum to 500 innings in LF and Schwarber is the 6th rated defensive LF out of 23 rated players

This year set the minimum to 100 innings and he's 16th out of 36

Judging him by the goofy plays is silly. He tries hard on every play and is a bit clumsy out there as a catcher, so he's going to have some goofy plays. His arm is a huge asset out there and most LF have a noodle arm.

Since the defensive numbers back up the idea he's average in LF, I think you'd need to prove he was noteworthy awful. Kinda how it works.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

If you go back to 2015, set the limit at 250 innings, Schwarber is 23 out of 59

There's a consistent performance here, mediocrity for a position where 75% of the players are net negatives.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

It says all you need to know about Schwarber in one line.

Perhaps start a Michael Bradley thread.

it's a pointless statistic with a hilariously small sample size of 5 for most of the people on the list, not to mention wind conditions are the most unpredictable at Wrigley

you're not very good at this baseball shitposting, stick to politics

billysink

EOG Dedicated

3 times on base tonight for schwarber

offense stranding him, good table setting

Good platoon guy. Should rack up the numbers now that Maddon figured out he can't hit left handed pitching.

No range good arm.

That's a wrap for this one.