Kyle Schwarber

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Kyle Schwarber

Good platoon guy. Should rack up the numbers now that Maddon figured out he can't hit left handed pitching.

No range good arm.

That's a wrap for this one.

you don't know sports so I'll take your comments as they're worth - nothing

you ever wonder why you finish dead last in every contest you participate in on here and everywhere else i'm sure - lots of stupid people on eog and you're dead last every time

golly gee

billysink

EOG Dedicated

you don't know sports so I'll take your comments as they're worth - nothing

you ever wonder why you finish dead last in every contest you participate in on here and everywhere else i'm sure - lots of stupid people on eog and you're dead last every time

golly gee

contest

loolzi

MrTop

EOG Master

league average fielding % for a left fielder is .985......swarber .970
range factor league average per 9 inn is 1.91 ........swarber 1.66
range factor per game league average is 1.50 ..........swarber 1.39

this is what keeps theo up at night

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The Cubs .540 SOS is best in baseball. In fact, they haven't played a team currently below .500 since the first 5 games of the year.

10 of the next 14 against the Marlins, Reds, and White Sox... need to take care of business.
The SOS wasn’t a factor in their overall sloppy play in St Louis. Hitting comes and goes, but they are not good enough right now to give away outs or walk a bunch of batters. Wouldn’t be surprised if a trade happens to shake things up if they continue this for another month.

lap18

EOG Dedicated

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.a...7&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Last year, set the minimum to 500 innings in LF and Schwarber is the 6th rated defensive LF out of 23 rated players

This year set the minimum to 100 innings and he's 16th out of 36

Judging him by the goofy plays is silly. He tries hard on every play and is a bit clumsy out there as a catcher, so he's going to have some goofy plays. His arm is a huge asset out there and most LF have a noodle arm.

Since the defensive numbers back up the idea he's average in LF, I think you'd need to prove he was noteworthy awful. Kinda how it works.

Ok you sold me...he is a great left fielder. I probably only see the silly shit...

Valuist

EOG Master

Josh Towers on VSIN a week before the season began:

"Kyle Schwarber is not a major league player IMO. 4 years from now he will be in Japan."

Is VSIN actually paying Towers? Tells you something about his opinion.

I can live with a guy who's not a great defender who has a 134 WRC+. Much preferred over a guy like Heyward who's a Gold Glove winner and hits like a pitcher.

Valuist

EOG Master

that is this year in LF ..have to include last 2.75 years also...... fielding bible

Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?

MrTop

EOG Master

Josh Towers on VSIN a week before the season began:

"Kyle Schwarber is not a major league player IMO. 4 years from now he will be in Japan."

Is VSIN actually paying Towers? Tells you something about his opinion.

I can live with a guy who's not a great defender who has a 134 WRC+. Much preferred over a guy like Heyward who's a Gold Glove winner and hits like a pitcher.

yes in some cases.... a big offense threat could out weigh an auto out .... in playoffs managers are under the scope of owner and GM more than regular season. Better pitchers are in the playoffs... Those 134WRC+ could of come against weak pitching which swarber will not see in playoffs . That is why swarber and happ were benched in playoffs and heyward played. Just look at what they did against the LAD. It confirms they were not ready for prime time last october.... Swrber has higher ceiling than happ for sure and could be a bigger threat than auto out heyward in playoffs if cubs make it there. If cubs get their act together as a staff they could make it to WS again but right now they are way too wild to win anything.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?

Doesn't matter. These people seem to ignore that most LF are trash out in LF. They're in LF because they are trash defensively. If they were good defenders, they'd be in CF or RF.

Valuist

EOG Master

yes in some cases.... a big offense threat could out weigh an auto out .... in playoffs managers are under the scope of owner and GM more than regular season. Better pitchers are in the playoffs... Those 134WRC+ could of come against weak pitching which swarber will not see in playoffs . That is why swarber and happ were benched in playoffs and heyward played. Just look at what they did against the LAD. It confirms they were not ready for prime time last october.... Swrber has higher ceiling than happ for sure and could be a bigger threat than auto out heyward in playoffs if cubs make it there. If cubs get their act together as a staff they could make it to WS again but right now they are way too wild to win anything.

Did you watch the 2016 World Series? Schwarber had a huge impact at the plate.

MrTop

EOG Master

i totally agree Valuist... someone might of told him to be more ready or he did it by himself.... I do see a change in him for sure... Cubs need a bat like that cause a couple of players are not hitting at all. Happ on other hand is a zero... maybe too young or just lacks talent.

Valuist

EOG Master

i totally agree Valuist... someone might of told him to be more ready or he did it by himself.... I do see a change in him for sure... Cubs need a bat like that cause a couple of players are not hitting at all. Happ on other hand is a zero... maybe too young or just lacks talent.

We saw in 2016 how hard he worked to get back for the WS. To make it back from ACL surgery in April meant a very disciplined rehab. I'm not surprised he figured out he needed to get into better shape.

As for Happ, I'd rather he get full time at bats in AAA and let Almora play CF. He needs to make more contact. I do think there's talent; definitely power but needs less swing and miss.

MrTop

EOG Master

Doesn't matter. These people seem to ignore that most LF are trash out in LF. They're in LF because they are trash defensively. If they were good defenders, they'd be in CF or RF.

that is a given...LF players are usually losers in the field.... swarber got moved to OF cause the catcher they have now is one of the best behind the plate

MrTop

EOG Master

We saw in 2016 how hard he worked to get back for the WS. To make it back from ACL surgery in April meant a very disciplined rehab. I'm not surprised he figured out he needed to get into better shape.

As for Happ, I'd rather he get full time at bats in AAA and let Almora play CF.

agree.... ... almora not better than cain (brewers )overall.... but comes at a cheaper price & younger also... theo can spend the $$$ on somewhere else. Theo knows what to do and not get stuck with a long contract most of the time. Theo did not get there by accident.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

that is a given...LF players are usually losers in the field.... swarber got moved to OF cause the catcher they have now is one of the best behind the plate

MLB made Contreras remove his Venezuelan flag sleeve. Make Zobrist lose his PF flyers.

Manfred is a twat

sad

MrTop

EOG Master

MLB made Contreras remove his Venezuelan flag sleeve. Make Zobrist lose his PF flyers.

Manfred is a twat

sad

leagues wants to say what to wear.... it is all about the ads they have on uniforms... they don't want the fans eyes on some flag not USA but on MLB logo , US flag and some ( example )nike ad.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Picked up Buyiz and Shoober in a free fantasy contest across street
0 fer 8 6 k's

Swinging @ butterflies.

Was the wind

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

leagues wants to say what to wear.... it is all about the ads they have on uniforms... they don't want the fans eyes on some flag not USA but on MLB logo , US flag and some ( example )nike ad.

Players negotiated the freedom to wear that non-uniform stuff out of the last deal. Blame Tony Clark and crew at the MLBPA.

MrTop

EOG Master

lindow did not taking swarber too serious

he was laughing on the way to second. lucky throw

Valuist

EOG Master

Josh Towers on VSIN just before the season started:

"Kyle Schwarber is not a major leaguer. 4 years from now, he will be playing in Japan."

Just another former player who knows nothing.

Valuist

EOG Master

Josh Towers on VSIN just before the season started:

"Kyle Schwarber is not a major leaguer. 4 years from now, he will be playing in Japan."

Just another former player who knows nothing.
Well, my post from 3 years ago has aged better than Josh Towers remark.

Not even in July and Schwarber at 19 home runs and now 45 RBIs, mostly from the leadoff spot. Have to figure any LH hitter who gets away from Wrigley will improve. While RHH enjoy when the wind blowing out to LCF, it just doesn't blow out to RF that much, and power numbers get suppressed.

MrTop

EOG Master
dave kingman hit 5 points higher in career.

kingman led the league 2x with HRs

kingman hit over 100 rbi 2x

kingman hit .288 one year

kingman struckout less % LOL

swarber never hit above.250... this guy is closer getting a tix to japan than kingman ever was. Except in fielding which i was better than kingman,

Valuist

EOG Master
dave kingman hit 5 points higher in career.

kingman led the league 2x with HRs

kingman hit over 100 rbi 2x

kingman hit .288 one year

kingman struckout less % LOL

swarber never hit above.250... this guy is closer getting a tix to japan than kingman ever was. Except in fielding which i was better than kingman,

League average now is around .235 while in Kingman’s day it was much higher, like around .270-.275. Strikeouts, right or wrong, do not embarrass hitters now. I agree they should embarrass them, but they don’t.

MrTop

EOG Master
League average now is around .235 while in Kingman’s day it was much higher, like around .270-.275. Strikeouts, right or wrong, do not embarrass hitters now. I agree they should embarrass them, but they don’t.

he is not a hitter... swabber is a slugger. . The cubs needed hitters not sluggers. The reason why they dumped him.. castellano more wanted than swarber. Just look at salary... they don't pay bums

Valuist

EOG Master
he is not a hitter... swabber is a slugger. . The cubs needed hitters not sluggers. The reason why they dumped him.. castellano more wanted than swarber. Just look at salary... they don't pay bums

Can't compare contracts. Is Schwarber a better hitter than Castellanos? No. That wasn't the point I was making. I said Towers was wrong (and he has been proven wrong) as Schwarber has 19 HRs and 45 RBI from the leadoff spot before we've even hit July. He's on pace for over 35 HRs and 100 RBIs, which is production I'm sure Washington is very happy with. Getting away from Wrigley will help a LH power hitter.

MrTop

EOG Master
Can't compare contracts. Is Schwarber a better hitter than Castellanos? No. That wasn't the point I was making. I said Towers was wrong (and he has been proven wrong) as Schwarber has 19 HRs and 45 RBI from the leadoff spot before we've even hit July. He's on pace for over 35 HRs and 100 RBIs, which is production I'm sure Washington is very happy with. Getting away from Wrigley will help a LH power hitter.

ok i got ya.

MrTop

EOG Master
NY Yankees should of picked up swarber over the past winter.... why ? they have a right handed lineup....very few lefties on the team.. What was cashman thinking.? cashman has destroyed the yankees.. Why did they sign Stanton when you got judge ? both right handed bats.. swarber with a short porch in right would of been a good fit.. He has a quality arm since he was a former catcher... glove not great but still ... the yankees need outfielders ...one of the lowest in outfield WAR

Valuist

EOG Master
NY Yankees should of picked up swarber over the past winter.... why ? they have a right handed lineup....very few lefties on the team.. What was cashman thinking.? cashman has destroyed the yankees.. Why did they sign Stanton when you got judge ? both right handed bats.. swarber with a short porch in right would of been a good fit.. He has a quality arm since he was a former catcher... glove not great but still ... the yankees need outfielders ...one of the lowest in outfield WAR

You think of that short RF porch in Yankee Stadium. Yep, he'd hit a ton of HRs there.

Two more last night. The first HR likely would've went out of the Grand Canyon. 21 HRs and nearly 50 RBIs.