Las Vegas-based sports betting pro previews Copa America

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Listen here:

https://soundcloud.com/eye-on-gaming/copa-america-preview-with-a-las-vegas-based-gambler

Las Vegas-based professional sports bettor Micah11 joined hosts John Kelly and Alan Dinkenson to preview the upcoming Copa America soccer tournament.

Micah11 has been a successful sports bettor for more than a decade since arriving in Las Vegas in 2005 from his home in southern Ohio.

"Dink" reviewed Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final and also previewed Game 2 of the series between the Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Re: Las Vegas-based sports betting pro preview Copa America

Not to nitpick on this but there's a bit of contradicting information from the soccer expert on the show as I listen to it. If he uses 60% stats and only focused on internationals, it is a really small sample base to rely on. Then he watches the central defenders/goaltending relationship as a factor to decide his totals plays. And according to him the box score doesn't give enough information on quality chances. It seems he's not really that sure what he's relying on to make decisions. Good luck on his picks, I haven't heard them yet but I wouldn't consider following. Hopefully the show gets better as we move on.

dogball

EOG Master

Who friggin cares JK

railbird

EOG Master

Not to nitpick on this but there's a bit of contradicting information from the soccer expert on the show as I listen to it. If he uses 60% stats and only focused on internationals, it is a really small sample base to rely on. Then he watches the central defenders/goaltending relationship as a factor to decide his totals plays. And according to him the box score doesn't give enough information on quality chances. It seems he's not really that sure what he's relying on to make decisions. Good luck on his picks, I haven't heard them yet but I wouldn't consider following. Hopefully the show gets better as we move on.

JK,

Drunkengoon is a very good handicapper, would be a great guest imo.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Las Vegas-based sports betting pro previews Copa America

I too have loads of respect for Goon/Noog.

He was impressive in our NHL contest not too long ago.

Balco

EOG Master

I look forward towards their previews. I'm going to the Argentina vs Bolivia game in Seattle to see Messi this powerful Argentine team.

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated

Copa America knockout stage (playoffs) games go directly to pk shootout, no 30' extra time. The final is the only game that can have extra time.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

My thanks to you and Dink for having a Soccer guy on.

Mixed review here.

He seemed to know some things and was uninformed on others.

For instance, when you asked about up-and-coming American players, there is a kid named Pulisic who recently made his debut in the Bundesliga w/ Dortmund at age 17. That is man bites dog kinda news.

US Soccer is dysfunctional, here are just some of the issues:

1. In MLS, the bad players are really bad (this is a money issue; see #2).
  2. You often have some highly paid offensive players going up against minimum wage defenders.
  3. There is no Promotion/Relegation
  4. Not all teams have soccer specific stadiums
  5. MLS doesn’t often fire coaches
  6. The games never start on time. I trade MLS and I can’t ever remember a game actually starting on time and I am not being hyperbolic.
  7. Some of the better foreign players fear it may be a strike against them getting a National team call-up if they mess with MLS.
  8. China is really making a push for players and paying above market for their services
  9. Klinsman not only coaches the National team, he is also the Technical Director which means he basically has to fire himself as coach (huge conflict of interest)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

I look forward towards their previews. I'm going to the Argentina vs Bolivia game in Seattle to see Messi this powerful Argentine team.

This is for 2W2P2S:

Messi > Ronaldo.

I simply couldn't resist.

UNITE US!

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

This is for 2W2P2S:

Messi > Ronaldo.

I simply couldn't resist.

UNITE US!

LOL, now that I haven't the tiniest of opinions.

It appears your campaign for unification has temporarily worked, I bet the CAVS for the series.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated

I wondered what happened to Micah if this is the same person, because Dink spoke about him very often 2-3 years ago regarding college basketball.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Same Micah.

He's a college hoop maven.

I hope Micah returns Tuesday of next week to discuss more soccer news.

If so, I will address with him some of the constructive criticism published in this thread.

Thanks to Goon, GameBred, Woodrow and others for their input.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

LOL, now that I haven't the tiniest of opinions.

It appears your campaign for unification has temporarily worked, I bet the CAVS for the series.

After years of blood, toil, sweat and tears, I will take what I can get :)

Lets go CAVS!

boston massacre

EOG Master

How's Messi and his Father's Trial going ? I heard they want to Lock him up for 22 months.

I've never been to a soccer match before.

Chile vs Bolivia is being played 20 minutes from where I live.

Is it worth it to go with no rooting interest?
Is Bolivia any good? I know chile made a little run at the last WC

If you could go to one match, which would it be?

Chile/Bolivia
Brazil/Peru

There's also a QF match here, but I'm sure prices will be sky high for a match that I won't give two shits about

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated

If you could go to one match, which would it be?

Chile/Bolivia
Brazil/Peru

There's also a QF match here, but I'm sure prices will be sky high for a match that I won't give two shits about

I am going to that chile/ Bolivia game. some guys from my local pub support a club in chile and they got some tickets. if you are a neutral either one chile/Bolivia or brazil/peru are good. should be a ton of Brazilians because of the population here In mass.

I am going to that quarter final also if it is Argentina/Uruguay. that is one of the great derbies in world football. the battle of the river plate. they have played each other more times than any other national teams.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated

I am going to that chile/ Bolivia game. some guys from my local pub support a club in chile and they got some tickets. if you are a neutral either one chile/Bolivia or brazil/peru are good. should be a ton of Brazilians because of the population here In mass.

I am going to that quarter final also if it is Argentina/Uruguay. that is one of the great derbies in world football. the battle of the river plate. they have played each other more times than any other national teams.

forgot to add that the winner of group D plays the runner up from group C so I think it will be Argentina vs Uruguay or Mexico. hoping for the argentina / Uruguay match.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated

just listened jk. when you asked the guest who are the three best teams? I think he was giving his opinion on what he thinks for this tournament but threw history Uruguay and Argentina has owned this tournament. Uruguay have won it 15 times and Argentina 14 times. Brazil has 8 I think but 4 of them came in the 90s and early 2000`s because that was when they had one of there golden generation with the original ronaldo and ronaldino and a ton of other names. the thing to notice is way back when brazil had pele and the great garrincha they wernt ever winning these cups. they won in two decades what it took brazil to rack up in 60 or 70 years.

also when the guest said he dosent watch the Mexican and south American leagues. he should try to check it out more because all the players on these teams that are not on clubs in Europe are playing in those leagues down there.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated

The guest should try to check out some more of the south American leagues because all these players that are not on club teams in Europe are playing in the league's down there.

No when you asked about how important is the first goal? I think it depends on who the teams are. The most deadly score line is when a team is up 2-0. If the get the third that it done but I can't tell you how many times I have seen a team up 2-0 and the other team gets one back. Then they tie it or depending on how much time is left sneak out a win. In fact just last night in MLS I had salt lake +1.0 +110 and they went down 0-1 in the 56th min and got one back 3 mins later and then two more to go up 3-1. The NYC got a late goal to make it 3-2. I didn't watch the game but was watching the score and that is a example of how it really depends on who the team is scoring first.

Great questions from the host and he should do some more soccer for these two huge tournaments. I like the euros best and cops America second and I would rank the world cup third behind them for national team tournaments.

Pickman Jones

EOG Dedicated

sorry for the repeat in post #19 and 20. my laptop died and didn't realize I got it in.