LBJ has a message for the NBA

Unlike Jordan, Brick never covered or shut down the best offensive player in the finals for the whole game.

Later, Danny Ainge, who was Drexler’s Portland teammate that year, said that there was a certain inhumanity to what took place on the court in that series. Drexler chose to give Jordan the outside shot in the beginning and Jordan hit six threes in a row … When the Trail Blazers had the ball, Ainge thought, it was as if Jordan had a terrible personal vendetta against Drexler. If it was not personal, it most certainly looked that way. Jordan barely let Drexler touch the ball on offense. Ainge sensed that it was as if Jordan had taken all those newspaper articles and television stories about Drexler as nothing less than a personal insult. It was like watching a killer on the court, he decided, “an assassin who comes to kill you then cut your heart out.”

It's futile to talk to someone that thinks Brick has been a better defender than Jordan throughout their careers. Idiocy at it's best.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
all defensive team

Jordan 9 times 1st team
LeBron 5 times 1st team

* be like mike

yet the Bulls defensive rating improved the year after he retired and they pulled him off Magic in the Finals. Yeah, he's better a defender than Prime LBJ. Not on your life.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
It's futile to talk to someone that thinks Brick has been a better defender than Jordan throughout their careers. Idiocy at it's best.

I didn't say, "thorughout careers," that goes to MJ. Prime LBJ vs. Prime MJ, no contest; LBJ all day. he can guard anyoen MJ can and people he can't; it's really that simple.

I didn't say, "thorughout careers," that goes to MJ. Prime LBJ vs. Prime MJ, no contest; LBJ all day. he can guard anyoen MJ can and people he can't; it's really that simple.
Because he guarded all positions doesn't mean he guarded them well. Some point guards have made him look silly. When Brick was young he could lock down players and was very good.. He still never did it for a whole game as Jordan has done.

Jordan led the league in steals 3 years. Jordan was a better shot blocker too and that included swatting 7 foot centers.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
If we're talking GOAT, you have to take into consideration, the "T," .... Time.

NO one has come close to being as good as LBJ is right now w/ as many minutes as he has played; not even close. He is not of this world.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Because he guarded all positions doesn't mean he guarded them well. Some point guards have made him look silly. When Brick was young he could lock down players and was very good.. He still never did it for a whole game as Jordan has done.

Jordan led the league in steals 3 years. Jordan was a better shot blocker too and that included swatting 7 foot centers.

He kicked everyone's ass at one time. Doesn't mean guys didn't score on him but it was never, ever easy. For a few years, I believe that if he was the closest guy to you, your FG% was the worst in the LG, meaning he's the one guy you don't want near you when you have the ball or he's closing out, etc.

Just last year, he Shut Kemba Walkers water off late and he's a fucking Ninja and then the next game, did the same thing to Porzingis. Yeah, he did it late but he used to do shit like that on the regualr.

All advanced stats say that Jordan's better. Jordan played all 82 games 9 years. Your arguments hold no water even when you "try" to cherry pick.

He kicked everyone's ass at one time. Doesn't mean guys didn't score on him but it was never, ever easy. For a few years, I believe that if he was the closest guy to you, your FG% was the worst in the LG, meaning he's the one guy you don't want near you when you have the ball or he's closing out, etc.

Just last year, he Shut Kemba Walkers water off late and he's a fucking Ninja and then the next game, did the same thing to Porzingis. Yeah, he did it late but he used to do shit like that on the regualr.
It meant that Brick didn't cover scorers.

kane

EOG master

The fact that he made the all defensive first team 5 times means as usual, you're wrong again. Go ask Derrick Rose what is was like being guarded by the GOAT

The fact that he made the all defensive first team 5 times means as usual, you're wrong again. Go ask Derrick Rose what is was like being guarded by the GOAT
Everyone knows that Brick was a very good defender at one time. Not as good as Jordan but he could lock down players. Brick never had the stamina of Jordan and could never do it the whole game. Remember the I can't breath game?

MrTop

EOG Master
a tad better than barkley, dominique & Paulie pierce. I am surprised he did not make the top 50 all time.

sad

kane

EOG master
Everyone knows that Brick was a very good defender at one time. Not as good as Jordan but he could lock down players. Brick never had the stamina of Jordan and could never do it the whole game. Remember the I can't breath game?

Wrong, he was an excellent defender in his prime, I'm sorry he can't defend the same way in his 16th season

MrTop

EOG Master
gonna need 1-2 stars next year. Will have to see if anyone wants to play with him. Gorge said no, davis did not end up there for one reason or another. Maybe he will ask magic to trade him back to Cleveland and retire

legacy took a hit.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
played Utah 2 times - beat them 2times in 6 games

Malone to Stockton score - hall of famers
Stockton and Malone were great in the day but new guys like Zion would make Malone look average. One thing to remember about Pippen was he constantly had nagging injury in his middle and late career making Jordan's performance notable about carrying the rest of the team.

Wrong, he was an excellent defender in his prime, I'm sorry he can't defend the same way in his 16th season

He hasn't played defense in 5 years outside of a play or two each game. This year he doesn't have guys like Kyrie and Love that can put up 40 or 50 and take over a game. No Wade or Bosh to dominate games. It's masked Brick's brutal defense the last 5 years. If the Lakers were winning, no one would say a word about Brick's defense.

kane

EOG master
He hasn't played defense in 5 years outside of a play or two each game. This year he doesn't have guys like Kyrie and Love that can put up 40 or 50 and take over a game. No Wade or Bosh to dominate games. It's masked Brick's brutal defense the last 5 years. If the Lakers were winning, no one would say a word about Brick's defense.

You were talking about his defense the years he was winning championships, in fact the night the Cavs beat GS in game 7 to complete the comeback when they were down 3 games to one, all you kept posting about was how many points Draymond Green scored on him, everyone else was talking about what a great comeback it was, and his incredible block on Iggy, but not you, all you kept posting was how many points Draymond scored against him, this was the night the Cavs won the championship, so just stop with your bullshit already. As usual, you're wrong again.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

You were talking about his defense the years he was winning championships, in fact the night the Cavs beat GS in game 7 to complete the comeback when they were down 3 games to one, all you kept posting about was how many points Draymond Green scored on him, everyone else was talking about what a great comeback it was, and his incredible block on Iggy, but not you, all you kept posting was how many points Draymond scored against him, this was the night the Cavs won the championship, so just stop with your bullshit already. As usual, you're wrong again.
He made a legendary play. He was also taking plays off then.

kane

EOG master
He made a legendary play. He was also taking plays off then.

And Jordan never took any plays off, right? Not one time in his entire career did Jordan ever not hustle back on defense or not defend well, no sir, Jordan played 100% every second of every minute he was on the court throughout his entire career, even during exhibition games Jordan played 100% every second he was on the court, and not one time did he ever take any plays off

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
When you are playing man to man D, you can’t take plays off as much (not saying they didn’t take some off)).

kane

EOG master
When you are playing man to man D, you can’t take plays off as much (not saying they didn’t take some off)).

If you want to argue he isn't the same defender as he used to be, you'll get no argument from me, I mean he's in his 16th season, at times there's a need to conserve energy. But don't think for a second that Jordan, or any other great player has never taken some plays off during a game to conserve energy, basketball is fast paced up and down the court all game, it's impossible for anyone to play balls out on every play, it's just amazing how you and the other haters do nothing but focus on the times the GOAT doesn't run back hard on defense during a game when the same thing could be said about all of these guys, never mind he's in his 16th season.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If you want to argue he isn't the same defender as he used to be, you'll get no argument from me, I mean he's in his 16th season, at times there's a need to conserve energy. But don't think for a second that Jordan, or any other great player has never taken some plays off during a game to conserve energy, basketball is fast paced up and down the court all game, it's impossible for anyone to play balls out on every play, it's just amazing how you and the other haters do nothing but focus on the times the GOAT doesn't run back hard on defense during a game when the same thing could be said about all of these guys, never mind he's in his 16th season.

Playing a zone gives the appearance of looking lazy, whether real or not. It was the biggest factor in the 3-pt craze.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

An MVP Rose got his water turned off.

LBJ helped change that series w/ his defense.

MrTop

EOG Master
lebron was good. during his day Just not better than Jordan.

LeBron better than Jordan in assists , rebounds and painting houses.

;)

kane

EOG master
Jordan was good. During his day just not better than LeBron.

Jordan better than LeBron at travelling, and punching teammates in the face.

MrTop

EOG Master
NBA did let the people travel. It is entertainment. They need a star to get people interested. That is why they fixed the ewing draft.