LeBron to the Lakers?

Re: LeBron to the Lakers?

Well he certainly didnt go the chasing rings route. He went with (another) cash grab route. 154 million and unless they get a couple major talents to come in he wont win 200 games during that contract. Be lucky to win more than 175.

But time to get ready for the best bet in NBA history (next to Spurs) fade the Lakers, its back next season. Lakers will probably be favored in 50 or more games and likely wont win more than 40-41.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Magic is a big mobile dummy. He has no idea WTF he is doing. Will have to blow up the Fakers rooster to accommodate Lebron. Lonzo and Isiah for sure have to be moved. From Showtime to Shit-time.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Magic is sofa king stupid, he may not move Lonzo. His pops already probably causing trouble.

railbird

EOG Master

[TABLE="class: box, width: 100%"]

150299257-1

6/15/2018 11:08 PM

Future/Prop

[TD="align: left"]Pregame NBA - Prop
NBA L.James Special Prop. Which team Will L.James be on 1St Rs Gm of 2018-19 LA Lakers -130[/TD]

[/TABLE]
winner

Dell Dude

EOG Master

This stupid motherfucker wasted a high draft pick on Lonzo. Will eventually have to move him for nothing so that is a complete miss. He will load the Fakers up with Lebron's homies via free agency - blowing through the salary cap. And then when Lebron leaves, will have to start over again with no cap flexibility for who knows how long.

railbird

EOG Master

anyone need tickets for anaheim laker clipper game oct 6 lmk. starting at 99 each

Dell Dude

EOG Master

And Wanty is right. They won't be a championship team. Best case: borderline playoff.

railbird

EOG Master

This stupid motherfucker wasted a high draft pick on Lonzo. Will eventually have to move him for nothing so that is a complete miss. He will load the Fakers up with Lebron's homies via free agency - blowing through the salary cap. And then when Lebron leaves, will have to start over again with no cap flexibility for who knows how long.

does cookie play with his tweetybird?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

LBJ has that will to win - at $40 mil roughly/year. He’ll be the first one bitching about his roster, but it’s his salary that helps create the problem.

MrTop

EOG Master

LBJ has that will to win - at $40 mil roughly/year. He’ll be the first one bitching about his roster, but it’s his salary that helps create the problem.

you are right . He is taking too much of the pie. He probably does not care since he is close to his home and business

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Lebron going to the West and La La Land particularly tells me this is about money. Not the contract but the location and team. Lebron will no doubt maximize his off court brand. Lebron is going for the green. Wants to become a billionaire.

Magic’s motive is to win a championship. He doesn’t know anything. Thinks getting Lebron guarantees becoming a contender.

Compare Danny Ainge to Magic on how to build a championship team. Hire a stationary for the front office and a mobile for the court.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

I called it when Magic was named Fakers GM or President or whatever. Lonzo was a stupid move and he has now followed it up with Lebron. Magic’s 3rd move of blowing up the rooster to accommate Lebron will be the Jerry killshot. Worse and worse than Kobe staying 5 years too long. Watch.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated

I called it when Magic was named Fakers GM or President or whatever. Lonzo was a stupid move and he has now followed it up with Lebron. Magic’s 3rd move of blowing up the rooster to accommate Lebron will be the Jerry killshot. Worse and worse than Kobe staying 5 years too long. Watch.

Laker management may be thinking box office increase, selling LBJ-Laker jerseys to kids in Dubbai. Could take 2 years to build a champion team around LeBron.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

It will take less than that to blow up the entire organization. Pat Riley is why Lebron won all those rings. Without him, Lebron only wins once with the Cavs when he should have lost. It's not that easy - especially in the West. I'm glad Lebron went to the Fakers, though. Will enjoy the meltdown along with raiders.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

This is a very tough job adding Lebron. So many variables and strategy. Let's watch that big mobile dummy try to figure it out. I'll apologize and meal culpa if I'm wrong. I've been wrong many times. But I'm not wrong. Wasn't about Lonzo and won't be about Lebron. I said Magic will bury that organization and he is well on his way. Great, historic player. Terrible at everything else.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

I also said Matt Stafford would never win a playoff game. I think he has a chance with the coach he has. Last chance. I like the Lions as a sleeper this year. Now or Never Trump.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Good lick, Magic.

After Wednesday's game, LaVar Ball said attendees should have anticipated a large crowd with the Big Baller Brand involved.

"They're gonna have to get a bigger venue," he said. "When the Big Baller Brand come to town, better get something big."

LaVar Ball also said he wasn't surprised LeBron wanted to watch Wednesday's game.

"Probably did," Ball said. "He said, 'I gotta see them Ball boys.'"

But he also said the LeBron news didn't impress him.

"He's not the biggest player to me," LaVar Ball said. "The biggest players to me are my boys. I don't care about no LeBron. LeBron do his thing, I just worry about my boys. I don't worry about all that other stuff."

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Fakers are not a set piece for Lebron. They will struggle and may not even make the playoffs. Going to have to move Lonzo voluntarily or be forced. Won’t get anything close to the value of his draft position. Wasted.

Going to blow up the rooster trying to win now with Lebron. That will fail. He will leave. Fakers will again be a 30 win team but with salary cap problems. Magic will go on his magic way. Then what, bring in Kobe as President/GM?

This franchise is a dumpster fire.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Lebron’s ego is bigger than the state of California. He will not be happy when the Fakers struggle. He’s the King. It is not allowed for him to be on a non championship team. He will force Magic to make panic trades. Just promise me won thing, Magic. Don’t move Lonzo. Try to make it work. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

I give Lebron credit for the job he did in clevfan. Remarkable runner runner even in the weak East. But they were dominated by Golden State in the Finals. Next time, that series happens early if at all. And clevfan had a relatively competent front office. Actually built a nice team before Kyrie left. Magic, give me a break. He already screwed up with Lonzo. Never should have drafted that clown show. Going to make it worse and worse with Lebron. It will not work. Opposite. It will combust. Then Magic will triple double down with panic trades and that’s the end.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Anybody disagree and think the Fakers will win a championship? Won championship and it’s a success no matter the after Lebron consequences.

boston massacre

EOG Master

They'll end up with K. Leonard this year or next.

And then it will be a Dog Fight getting out of the West for all Teams at the Top. Houston, Gol.St., Shakers.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I like how Father Ball leaked out that his kid had a meniscus issue, making him damaged goods - thus LA can’t trade him. All about the brand these days.

kane

EOG master

Anybody disagree and think the Fakers will win a championship? Won championship and it’s a success no matter the after Lebron consequences.

Not this year, but next year's FA crop is a good one, there have long been rumors about Klay Thompson going to the Lakers when his contract is up, and if Kawhi is dead set on playing there, then he'll be there next year. I think this coming up season they have little chance to win it, but next year they could be set up a lot better.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

See how much more productive you are when you behave, kane? Everything you posted is correct but it also is consistent with what I posted. The debutantè season will be a struggle on the court. Lebron will not accept that. The chemistry on the team (with Lonzo and Isiah) is combustible. Going to be fireworks like yesterday. You are assuming they get through season won and the big mobile dummy Magic makes All The Right Moves season two.

Good lick with that.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Nobody wants Lonzo. In order to move him, Magic will have to offer a second player plus maybe a high draft pick and even then won’t get much in return. Lonzo is not the problem. His pops is. Nobody wants to deal with his shit.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Magic is not a smart man. Not racist. Fact. Would be the same if he was white. He has put himself in a difficult position which requires knowledge, skill, patience, experience and authority. Pat Riley has all of those. Magic has none. Lebron is going to push Magic into making fatal mistakes. Lebron should have stayed with Miami. Riley could have gotten him more rings. Lebron respected Riley. I doubt he ever got Riley to make a trade for him. Probably why he left. Wanted to be the alpha King.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

Lebron is sofa king good, maybe he can get the Fakers to the playoffs. You have to be in raiders territory to argue otherwise. Carrying another team can’t be good for Lebron’s physical and mental health. Getting too old for that shit. Needs a supporting cast with chemistry. Does not exist right now. This mobile manchild has to assemble it.

kane

EOG master

See how much more productive you are when you behave, kane? Everything you posted is correct but it also is consistent with what I posted. The debutantè season will be a struggle on the court. Lebron will not accept that. The chemistry on the team (with Lonzo and Isiah) is combustible. Going to be fireworks like yesterday. You are assuming they get through season won and the big mobile dummy Magic makes All The Right Moves season two.

Good lick with that.

See how much more productive you are when you behave, Cwissy? And not peddling some kooky conspiracy theory or talking about how every outcome in sports is scripted

kane

EOG master

Magic is not a smart man. Not racist. Fact. Would be the same if he was white. He has put himself in a difficult position which requires knowledge, skill, patience, experience and authority. Pat Riley has all of those. Magic has none. Lebron is going to push Magic into making fatal mistakes. Lebron should have stayed with Miami. Riley could have gotten him more rings. Lebron respected Riley. I doubt he ever got Riley to make a trade for him. Probably why he left. Wanted to be the alpha King.

Riley wouldn't give him the type of power he wanted, the type of power Dan Gilbert did. In order for LeBron to go back to Cleveland, Gilbert had to basically acquiesce to whatever LeBron wanted, Riley wasn't going to do that, Riley wasn't going to allow a player to dictate how his team would be run and what the roster would look like. Now don't get me wrong, there were plenty of moves the Heat made that LeBron wanted, but Riley was never going to allow a player to have as much power within the organization than he had. The Heat are a championship organization and were one before LeBron got there, and while they're no longer in position to compete for a championship, they didn't fall completely apart like the Cavs did when LeBron left the first time, or how they'll fall apart again, the Heat have been a competitive team the past four years, the Cavs will be garbage, big difference between the two franchises and how they're run. Good point about wanting to be the alpha, but there can only be one, and in Miami it's Pat Riley.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Here we go, kaney. Here we go.

Here we go, kaney. Here we go.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ters-but-heres-why-they-didnt-sign-any-first/

The Los Angeles Lakers won free agency this summer by agreeing on a four-year, $154 million deal with LeBron James. But in the days since, their moves have been a bizarre series of heat checks. They've brought in known LeBron nemesis Lance Stephenson, as well as JaVale McGee and Rajon Rondo.

Not only are they strange moves because, well, they aren't exactly great players, but they also don't fit too well with LeBron's style of play. Most notably, none of them are good 3-point shooters, and the Lakers were already the second-worst 3-point shooting team in the league last season. And as we've seen throughout his career, LeBron operates best with the ball in his hands and shooters spaced out around him.

However, according to a report from ESPN's Brian Windhorst and Ramona Shelburne, this was the plan Magic Johnson laid out to LeBron when they first met, and "The King" is on board:

(This) exactly what James and Lakers president Magic Johnson planned when they met for more than three hours on the first night of free agency. According to multiple sources within the Lakers and close to James, this is the rollout of a plan Johnson outlined for James the night of June 30 at James' home. The signings, which sources say James has consulted on but have been executed at Johnson and Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka's direction, follow this vision.

July plans often go up in smoke during the grind of a season. But James is absolutely on board with these unexpected transactions as hints of a rather different-looking No. 23 emerge for next season.

But at the same time, no one -- not LeBron, nor the Lakers' front office -- is unaware of their lack of shooting, and they could make moves to address that problem. From ESPN:

All parties agree they need more shooting and those type of moves may be coming.

It should come as little surprise to hear that LeBron is on board with these moves. There obviously aren't going to be any reports leaked from either the Lakers or his camp that he's already frustrated before he's even technically signed the contract. And maybe he really is OK with these deals. After all, they're only for one year, and the Lakers probably aren't contending this year anyway. But man.

On paper, you can see where the Lakers are going with this, in trying to add some more versatile defenders and playmakers, but were Stephenson, Rondo and McGee really the players to fill out that vision? Yes, it might allow LeBron to play off-ball some more this season, but that's not going to work as well as it could with no one who can space the floor. Plus, he's still going to have the ball in his hands for large stretches of the game.

We'll see how this goes, but the Lakers might want to start making those moves to acquire a little shooting sooner rather than later.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Video of Magic and Lebron's debutante strategy session

Video of Magic and Lebron's debutante strategy session

railbird

EOG Master

Kawhi said he want to play in LA, didn't say Lakers. Its about being in socal for him. I can see him going to Clippers and not playing for scum Lakers