LeBron to the Lakers?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Re: LeBron to the Lakers?

If I was the Fakers GM, I wouldn't have gotten myself in this mess. But now that it's done, I would absolutely move Lonzo. Full stop. No choice. Even if I got nothing in return. You got Lebron. You have to assemble a team around him that will work and be peaceful. No and fuck no on both of those with Lonzo. Isiah has to go two. Already tried that in clevfan.

MrTop

EOG Master

Nobody wants Lonzo. In order to move him, Magic will have to offer a second player plus maybe a high draft pick and even then won’t get much in return. Lonzo is not the problem. His pops is. Nobody wants to deal with his shit.

lonzo cannot shoot.

MrTop

EOG Master

lakers not happy with the lonzo pick. If he doesn't improve he will be gone.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

No. We saw Lebron's heart exposed in the Finals. When things go south, he will check out. Getting to the late stages and he will be thinking about transitioning to his post career brand. Only anoher championship will keep him motivated. He doesn't respect Magic. I'm sure he likes him. But he knows he can do whatever he wants. Has Magic by his *basket balls.

Heim

EOG Master

LAL can sign Carmelo, he won’t be on OKC much longer.

I would think so. Westbrook team party the other day when PG announced he was staying and Melo wasn't invited. However Melo opted in. So I'm not sure contractually how that would work out with another team or if he would agree to MLE deal. I know LeBron likes his game.

kane

EOG master

Bosh on the way.....

I know you posted this in jest, but the truth is CB wants to play again. The Heat didn't want any part of a player possibly dying on the court so they were 100% against it, but he's still trying to figure out a way to play again, he's trying to find something for his blood clots that will allow him to resume his career, it's highly doubtful, but he hasn't completely ruled out a return.

kane

EOG master

I would think so. Westbrook team party the other day when PG announced he was staying and Melo wasn't invited. However Melo opted in. So I'm not sure contractually how that would work out with another team or if he would agree to MLE deal. I know LeBron likes his game.

Considering they're not really championship contenders, OKC parting ways with Melo wasn't exactly a surprise when you consider how much he would have cost them in luxury taxes. He probably ends up in LA or Houston. Even though at this point in his career he's pretty much a jump shooter who plays no defense, I think coming off the bench he can still help a team, the Lakers need some outside shooting, maybe there's a fit

Heim

EOG Master

I wonder if the Tony Parker exit was to appease Leonard since he said he would never play with Parker again?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Uh, Magic

Uh, Magic

2014 NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio, and his relationship with the Spurs has deteriorated to the point that Leonard’s management reportedly hid him from Spurs staffers when they attempted to visit him during his rehab process. Leonard only played in nine games last season, and though it had been reported for weeks that he strongly desired a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers, Leonard now reportedly prefers a move to the Clippers to avoid sharing the spotlight with LeBron James, according to ESPN.

Heim

EOG Master

I believe the 3 way deal (Sac-SAS-Philly) for Leonard will happen....Sixers just want assurances he won't be a rental. DSI has Leonard -250 to Sixers and teams below are all longshots now. I never believed Pops was ever going to give him up to the West.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

The # of star players who don't want to play with Lebron is growing. Won't be that easy, Magic. Going to have to build without the super team easy button. Joe Dumars somehow sucked it out so there's a chance but Joe D is still twice as smart as Magic.

MrTop

EOG Master

The # of star players who don't want to play with Lebron is growing. Won't be that easy, Magic. Going to have to build without the super team easy button. Joe Dumars somehow sucked it out so there's a chance but Joe D is still twice as smart as Magic.

I am glad he is on the west coast. Now the games are 3 hours later and I am sleeping. I had enough of the circus. Ruining the NBA.

railbird

EOG Master

Considering they're not really championship contenders, OKC parting ways with Melo wasn't exactly a surprise when you consider how much he would have cost them in luxury taxes. He probably ends up in LA or Houston. Even though at this point in his career he's pretty much a jump shooter who plays no defense, I think coming off the bench he can still help a team, the Lakers need some outside shooting, maybe there's a fit

they got rid of him because he is a piece of shit hood rat, no other reason

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I am glad he is on the west coast. Now the games are 3 hours later and I am sleeping. I had enough of the circus. Ruining the NBA.
The next super team is brewing with Kyrie and Butler wanting to collaborate out east.

kane

EOG master

The next super team is brewing with Kyrie and Butler wanting to collaborate out east.

Irving wants to be a Knick, If I were Danny Ainge I would seriously consider trading him now since he probably leaves at the end of the season anyway

boston massacre

EOG Master

I believe the 3 way deal (Sac-SAS-Philly) for Leonard will happen....Sixers just want assurances he won't be a rental. DSI has Leonard -250 to Sixers and teams below are all longshots now. I never believed Pops was ever going to give him up to the West.

What's the Proposal in that 3 way (Sac-Sas-Philly) Deal ?

Heim

EOG Master

What's the Proposal in that 3 way (Sac-Sas-Philly) Deal ?

Brown is trying to move a package that includes Robert Covington, Dario Saric, draft picks and any number of other players in an effort to get Leonard. Nobody aside from Brown and Pop know exactly what Philly has put on the table, but the one thing (aside from Robertson’s acquiescence) that might get the deal done would be the unprotected 2021 pick from Miami that the Sixers acquired on draft night. They also have a stockpile of nine future No. 2 picks.

If Covington — whose contract I am told is undesirable to the Spurs — can be sent to Sacramento in a three-way deal that also gets some of Philly’s extra picks into the hands of Vlade, then we enter Monty Hall territory. But for now, the pieces of this jigsaw puzzle only fit together perfectly in the abstract.*

*Courtesy of Chris Sheridan

boston massacre

EOG Master

Brown is trying to move a package that includes Robert Covington, Dario Saric, draft picks and any number of other players in an effort to get Leonard. Nobody aside from Brown and Pop know exactly what Philly has put on the table, but the one thing (aside from Robertson’s acquiescence) that might get the deal done would be the unprotected 2021 pick from Miami that the Sixers acquired on draft night. They also have a stockpile of nine future No. 2 picks.

If Covington — whose contract I am told is undesirable to the Spurs — can be sent to Sacramento in a three-way deal that also gets some of Philly’s extra picks into the hands of Vlade, then we enter Monty Hall territory. But for now, the pieces of this jigsaw puzzle only fit together perfectly in the abstract.*

Could Happen.

Since Pop and Brown are Buddies.

Pop's Asst. at San Anton for ??????????????? Years ?

kane

EOG master

I can't believe the Spurs would trade Leonard for Covington, Saric and picks, that's a steal for Philly. As far as the 2021 unprotected Miami pick the Sixers got, it won't be as valuable as people think since the Heat are a quality organization. Even if Miami misses the playoffs in 2021, they've proven to be a good enough organization that the pick won't be high in the lottery. In fact, one of the reasons Phoenix parted with the pick was due to how solid the Heat franchise is, their GM didn't think the pick would be a high lottery pick, if anything the back end of the lottery is where the pick will likely be. I'm really hoping Leonard stays West, I don't want any part of him in a Sixer uniform