Listening to an Old Groovin Mahoovin Podcast 2015? (RIP Groovin')

railbird

EOG Master
negativity is bad for your central nervous system, seems like groovin was always negative which might have led to his early death

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I agree, Birdie.

Groovin' was a smart guy, but he was loaded with negative energy.

Seems like he could have put his smarts/knowledge to better use.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I agree, Birdie.

Groovin' was a smart guy, but he was loaded with negative energy.

Seems like he could have put his smarts/knowledge to better use.

Total garbage. GOATGroovin was generous and kind if you weren't a BS Artist. Very generous and very kind.

It's funny that the people who didn't like him, all happen to be BS Artists. Go fucking figure. I can totally relate.

JK, you don't understand because quite frankly, you are not nor have you ever been near his level. He was a fucking Pro who had to deal w/ a bunch of ungrateful posters. Instead of thanking the dude for posting and spreading knowledge. some trolled him.

Instead of insulting the guy, just thank him. You had the GOAT posting here, show some fucking respect.

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Yes. Don't post at EOG and excpect one ounce of respect. The dude is called GOATGroovin for a fucking reason.
i respected what he did with record keeping and math and such, i was just giving a health tip.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
i respected what he did with record keeping and math and sucj, i was just giving a health tip.

I understand what you were saying but it needs to be contextualized. He was a dick to Tipsters who tried to annualize their latest hot run. He was a dick to other BS Artists who faked the funk, etc.... He wasn't perfect but he was solid as fuck; that's what counts.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not disrespecting Groovin, GameBred.

Simply saying his time would have been better spent elsewhere.

Attacking the conmen was below his pay grade.

A noble effort but where's the EV?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Groovin' was the LeBron James of EOG.

JK, quit insulting Groovin' ... LOL

Seriously, Groovin' had the tenacity of a bulldog.

Two threads I remember (one was here and one at Roughing the Punter), Groovin had exceptionally long, drawn out arguments with Paul Bovi (of VegasInsider) and Edward Golden (of RAS). I agreed with him , but finally bowed out of the discussion after hundreds of posts.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
AFAIK, Groovin' had no problem with Bovi the gambler.

Bovi the tout was defending VegasInsider's practice of allowing a tout to select the best rogue line out of up to 25 books instead of using a consensus or WA line, Nevada (Vegas and Reno) and offshore. Bovi even claimed this was fair to the customer because VI would refund the purchase if the customer complained (I don't know anyone who got a refund). Lots of lines on VI were stale from the Peppermill and Atlantis not taken down even when they were closed for the night. The only honest guy at VI was Andy Iskoe, whose record was so incredibly bad, cheating wouldn't help. I remember the early days of VI when Russ Culver allowed the capper to enter any line they wanted. He left when ownership allowed Wayne Root to tout.

Eventually with consolidation and Bovi convincing VI to limit their books, they settled on about 12 books. Not sure what they do now, as I stopped looking at their touts.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Vegas Insider has a great name but a subpar product.

Too bad.

I rarely visit the website these days.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Not disrespecting Groovin, GameBred.

Simply saying his time would have been better spent elsewhere.

Attacking the conmen was below his pay grade.

A noble effort but where's the EV?

Not everything in life is about EV.

Time and place?

It's been more than three years.

How long is the moratorium?

For me, tears of gratitude never dry!

Groovin' was the LeBron James of EOG.

Good enough or too much, GameBred?

Thank you. Was that so fucking hard?

JK, quit insulting Groovin' ... LOL

Seriously, Groovin' had the tenacity of a bulldog.

Two threads I remember (one was here and one at Roughing the Punter), Groovin had exceptionally long, drawn out arguments with Paul Bovi (of VegasInsider) and Edward Golden (of RAS). I agreed with him , but finally bowed out of the discussion after hundreds of posts.

That was part of his charm :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I'm a babbling loon whose default mode is to right forum wrongs while sticking my tongue out!

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Some call me a Posting God,

Others, the MJ of EOG

I say I'm just me,

The Beatles said, "Let it Be."