LIV Golf

mr merlin

EOG Master
Only Johnson and Smith are relevant….
Dont kid yourself. lots of the rest would make top 30. If you did a legitimate ranking LIV might have 18-20 of the top 30 worldwide. Lets face it speith wouldn't make top 30 and he's one of the top draws left on the PGA.

Look at this collection of losers on the top 20, the liv guys are far better than most of these.

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The only thing that LIV accomplished was to raise earnings for the PGA Tour….they forced the PGA to increase purses and prize money…54 hole tournaments and limited TV exposure sucks…

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Dont kid yourself. lots of the rest would make top 30. If you did a legitimate ranking LIV might have 18-20 of the top 30 worldwide. Lets face it speith wouldn't make top 30 and he's one of the top draws left on the PGA.

Look at this collection of losers on the top 20, the liv guys are far better than most of these.

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[
Not sure where to put all the LOL'S, merlin you're way off on this one.

gmcarroll33

EOG Member
The only thing that LIV accomplished was to raise earnings for the PGA Tour….they forced the PGA to increase purses and prize money…54 hole tournaments and limited TV exposure sucks…

They also exposed the PGA Tour as being hypocrites and a tour that had hogged the money for years. Amazing that they suddenly came up with 8 20 million dollar purses out of nowhere that had just been available the entire time. The whole LIV Saudi backed argument is also a joke considering the PGA has all their tournament sponsors doing 40 billion worth of business a year with the exact same Saudis. Everything about Silicon Valley right now that your daily life consists of is due to the Saudis dumping 40 billion in to them (Apple, Facebook, Twitter, Uber, Lyft, Amazon etc). I don't particularly care for the Saudis at all, but if you're not going to trash these companies for becoming what they are and the world today as we know it by taking their money, then you can't bash golfers for going to LIV and taking the money, when it ultimately trickles back to the players on the PGA Tour too all at the same time.

Watching LIV so far feels like watching the Golf Channel while the PGA Tour is going on. CBS has such a great product for all sports. That's going to be hard to replicate overnight, but for what I'd consider to be the real year 1 chance at this, they haven't rolled out total garbage that's unwatchable like the XFL or some other dumb wannabe football league of never was players.

LIV will never overtake the PGA Tour, but there's nothing wrong between both going on to flip over and see what's going on at LIV for 20 minutes or so. That's what people who love golf do when CBS goes to break on the weekend. They usually flip it over to the Golf Channel for a moment. I honestly don't get the hate for trying it out and offering something new. LIV is basically trying to be F1 vs PGA Tour being Nascar. The whole team aspect is much more important in F1 than Nascar, and F1 has a much more global reach than Nascar. Will it work out.....I'd say that LIV has less than 5 years to show ROI, before the Saudis pull out of this venture.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Not sure where to put all the LOL'S, merlin you're way off on this one.
Keegan bradley, shane lowry, tom kim, homa, burns, even speith - they're all talented golfers but simply not worthy of top 30 status - which they only have because 15-20 LIV guys are not eligible.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Ya gotta love all these PGA trolls.

Little tidbit: LIV group: Mickelson, DJ and DeChambeau have all won majors more recently than any of the PGA group: Woods, McIlroy and Speith.

Bushay

NHL Expert
You really are an ignoramus, you never heard of the 3 leading team captains (DeChambeau, DJ and Sergio Garcia? What a pathetic chump.
Stick to counting numbers Bob. It's ugly when you interject your personality into these threads. Not the best look for you.

2+2=4 kind of stuff. Just keep it simple and you'll be fine. 👊

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
You really are an ignoramus, you never heard of the 3 leading team captains (DeChambeau, DJ and Sergio Garcia? What a pathetic chump.

I really thought calling names was beneath you…guess I was wrong…..
Of course I heard of those three…only DJ is relevant nowadays

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Watched 15 minutes of this on CW. I know they are trying to portray a different image, but the 70’s graphics have to go, same wi the the emojis.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
I saw them, hard to get into them with only a few top guys, Rahm, thomas, speith, sheffler, , who else is there? Liv has 20-25 interesting golfers.

Mcllroy, Cantlay, Morikawa, Schauffele, Hovland, Kim, Homa, Fitzpatrick, Tiger, Zalatoris.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You do realize these pros don't play in every tournament,. There are weaker fields from time to time.
the problem is the PGA tour came out with these premier events with huge LIV like purses to compete, I believe they are also requiring the top players to play almost all of them. Most top players only want to play 20 or so weeks/yr, the result is that all the other non premier events are left in the dust, with perhaps 2-3-4 decent players who are prob past winners.

Look at this weeks Honda tourney, they have no one, and I see this is the last year Honda is the sponsor as well - no idea if that's linked but it's gonna become a trend I'm afraid. In the past the lower level tournies could count on at least a smattering of top players, enough to put out a little pre tourny buzz to attract ticket sales at least.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Hopefully you will update us the next two weeks with the Arnold Palmer and Sawgrass tournaments….cheers
The point is it doesn't need to be this way, the PGA tour declared war on LIV, not the other way around. If the PGA called a truce most of the LIV guys would play on the PGA tour here or there, enough to juice up the fields a bit anyway.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Ya gotta love all these PGA trolls.

Little tidbit: LIV group: Mickelson, DJ and DeChambeau have all won majors more recently than any of the PGA group: Woods, McIlroy and Speith.
People can have a difference of opinion you arrogant cunt, I don't like ANYTHING about LIV so far. I watched about 45 minutes yesterday and it wasn't for me. If it succeeds so be it but people aren't trolls for voicing an opinion different than yours you almighty twat.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
People can have a difference of opinion you arrogant cunt, I don't like ANYTHING about LIV so far. I watched about 45 minutes yesterday and it wasn't for me. If it succeeds so be it but people aren't trolls for voicing an opinion different than yours you almighty twat.

Must really upset you, trolls comin' out of the woodwork.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I've been watching for the last 1.5 hrs and I like it. certainly a more relaxed atmosphere all around, nothing worse than watching the PGA tour where the announcers spend all day bragging about how great every golfers shots are.(even when they are very average)