Louisana/Appalachian State

choslamshe

EOG Master
Great matchup tonight between two Sun Belt powerhouses. Both teams statistically rank among the top teams in the nation both offensively and defensively. The total for this game opened up somewhere around 53.5 but has since dropped to 51 before popping back up to about 51.5 it seems. This is where my eyes have been the whole week.

I think there is a false expectation that this could become a defensive battle of sorts. While both teams have been dominant at times on the defensive sides, we have to consider how brutal the offenses they face within the 'Belt' - teams like Campbell, Charlotte, Louisiana-Monroe, etc. What we also have to pay attention to is how dynamic both of these offenses are, or at least can be. Both QBs can put up big numbers in the air and on the ground. Both teams feature rushing attacks that have big-play capability sprinkled throughout their depth charts. The same is true with the talented receiving corps within both lineups. Add all of this in with how opportunistic both defenses are and will likely be, we will also likely see a couple of short to very-short fields for these offenses to work with.

All things considered, I feel like the floor for these two teams tonight will be somewhere in the mid to high-40's...and that would mean some uncharacteristic offensive sputtering from both sides. The ceiling on the other hand, I think is a back and forth game with big plays on both sides of the ball that result in points. It wouldn't surprise me to see both teams eclipse 30 tonight.

Playing the OVER 51.5 tonight.

GL

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: Louisiana 24 Appalachian State 19 with 2:09 left in the fourth quarter.

Louisiana with the ball but App State with all three timeouts remaining.

That safety recorded by App State helped UNDER bettors more than OVER bettors.

Made the chances of overtime extremely remote.

Those two points fall in the rare category of "Points you do not want as an OVER bettor."

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Current score: Louisiana 24 Appalachian State 19 with 2:09 left in the fourth quarter.

Louisiana with the ball but App State with all three timeouts remaining.

That safety recorded by App State helped UNDER bettors more than OVER bettors.

Made the chances of overtime extremely remote.

Those two points fall in the rare category of "Points you do not want as an OVER bettor."

Yep, definitely.

Only hope now is when they snap it over the head again App ST goes for 2 after the TD.

They make it, then ULL kicks a FG to tie.

Of course the game is already over at that point, OT not needed.