Mark Jones and Doris Burke

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hard to listen to this pair of basketball broadcasters for an extended length of time.

Granted, they have a lot of games to cover and a lot of time to fill during the 82 games of the NBA Summer League.

Not sure which situation made me chuckle more: 1) Mark Jones saying, "You're not a sports fan if you don't appreciate the WNBA" or 2) Doris Burke describing the action involving former Villanova point guard and current Chicago Bulls' player Ryan Arcidiacono, "Diacono dove headfirst for the ball in a great show of hustle."

Jones should realize sports fans have varied tastes and the WNBA is not on their menu.

Burke follows a lot of basketball and she should know Ryan is Arcidiacono's first name, not Archie.

Sleepy

EOG Master
Re: Mark Jones and Doris Burke

I don't mind Burke but that Aly Wagner chick on the World Cup games is as bad as it gets.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Burke towers over her female counterparts.

I like her for the most part.

She played college hoops at Providence College in the 1980's.

Mark Jones asked her if she was a drive-and-dish type of point guard.

To which Doris responded with a humblebrag, "Drive and score, drive and dish, yes."

In my opinion there’s no worse announcer than Beth Mowins. Voice is grating-her knowledge is laughable-her over the top fake enthusiasm is more obvious than any announcer I’ve ever heard.

Sleepy

EOG Master

I would like to see them get all these women off the air along with the female ref's and sideline reporters. Get them back in the kitchen where they belong.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I've always thought of Beth Mowins as the poor woman's Pam Ward.