Michael Kopech to start Tuesday for the White Sox

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Miley Cyrus;n7451851 said:
And the 97th ranked pre 2018 prospect Stephen Gonsalves makes his debut tonight.

Gonsalves with some impressive numbers at both Chattanooga and Rochester.

TobyTyler;n7451868 said:
Gonsalves 5bbs per 9 vs tripleA bats good luck with that

I don't have high hopes long term, but in these situations where a team flies in for 1 game before leaving again, lots of hitters get impatient.

Miley's prediction tonight:

5.1 IP 6H 3R 2 BB 4K

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Miley Cyrus;n7451869 said:
I don't have high hopes long term, but in these situations where a team flies in for 1 game before leaving again, lots of hitters get impatient.

5.1 IP 6H 3R 2 BB 4K

His numbers vs righties in minors are impressive,must have a change.

i think twinkies would sign now for that line above for tonight

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

5.1 IP 6H 3R 2 BB 4K

And White Sox hitters love to swing the bat with the most strikeouts in the American League against the second-fewest number of walks.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Good point lot of Ks. but vs lefties above avg bb % rate vs lefties in past month , 11th in majors. Even better past cple weeks

kane

EOG master
FairWarning;n7451808 said:
Sox better hope he does better than Moncada or the Sale trade will be a bust.

I know I'm posting this in hindsight, but looking back, how could the WS trade one of the top 3-4 pitchers in baseball and not get Benintendi in the deal

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
kane;n7451904 said:
I know I'm posting this in hindsight, but looking back, how could the WS trade one of the top 3-4 pitchers in baseball and not get Benintendi in the deal

Agree. Maybe if they wanted him, then they couldn’t get the pitcher also.

There is a lot of buzz for his start tomorrow vs Minn.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
no clue how two intelligent guys in regards to baseball, have drawn conclusions about a 22 year old kid in the big leagues who has struggled a bit. the white sox got Kopech, Moncada (who has all the talent in the world, and has had growing pains which most players have) and Basebe who has had a really nice year in the minors and has great tools. not only is it hindsight, but it's just wrong to draw conclusions this early on a kid in the big leagues.

he has a 701 OPS with 14 steals and 23 hr's in pretty much his first full season worth of games in the big leagues. roberto alomar didn't have an ops over 800 until he was 25 years old and he appeared in the league at the same age as Moncada.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
TobyTyler;n7451893 said:
Good point lot of Ks. but vs lefties above avg bb % rate vs lefties in past month , 11th in majors. Even better past cple weeks

sox are an ugly .500 since the break. 14-14 but they have shown improvement. bullpen is so bad it's hard to bet on them though; giolito has looked much better of late - even the yankees start where he gave up 7. he's generating swings and misses finally and his velocity is up and his walks are down.

Valuist

EOG Master
Rodon has looked like the pitcher they thought he could be. He's been lights out since the start of July. All 7 starts have been quality starts.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kopech has been good in his last seven starts at Charlotte (AAA), going 4-0 with an ERA of 1.84.

The 22-year-old right-hander led the minor leagues with 170 strikeouts before his-call-up despite struggling with wildness earlier this season.

5.1 IP 6H 3R 2 BB 4K

Close. 1.1 IP 6H 4ER 1 BB 3K

Valuist

EOG Master
It's not easy to play any Twins game under the total, but between Berrios' dominance over White Sox hitters (147 plate appearances, 2.18 FIP and .228 xWOBA) and Kopech's form in AAA (L3 starts, 20 innings, 3 earned runs, 27 strikeouts and NO walks), at the key number of 9, you have to go under. This game will close at 8 1/2 IMO.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Valuist;n7452032 said:
It's not easy to play any Twins game under the total, but between Berrios' dominance over White Sox hitters (147 plate appearances, 2.18 FIP and .228 xWOBA) and Kopech's form in AAA (L3 starts, 20 innings, 3 earned runs, 27 strikeouts and NO walks), at the key number of 9, you have to go under. This game will close at 8 1/2 IMO.

EOG contributor VALUIST beat the number, now it's time to beat the game.

CRIS closed the total at 8.5 UN -119.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chi_Dorothy;n7452107 said:
Okay with a rain delay and 52 pitches after 2 innings

gotta think that will be the end for him tonight

And it was.

White Sox fans are starving to re-live the success of the 2005 season.

Kopech seems like a mentally-tough guy.

I liked his mound presence.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I feel for White Sox fans.

The Kopech call-up is one of the biggest developments of the season.

Last year, the same thing happened when Yoan Moncada made his Guaranteed Rate Field debut.

Fans cheered for a walk on his first appearance in a White Sox uniform.