Mike Lonergan Out At GW....

Heim

EOG Master
If you think you're going to keep referring to SHU pg Gordon as 'the gay kid' in huddles with no repercussions u got another thing coming in PC CBB world.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Mike Lonergan Out At GW....

Lonergan always relied on international players to stay competitive.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

GW won five games last March to capture the NIT championship.

Longeran's team was 4-1 ATS during the two-week run.

Heim

EOG Master

GW won five games last March to capture the NIT championship.

Longeran's team was 4-1 ATS during the two-week run.

This was a real tournament team. They blew a 17 point lead v. St. Joes that would have gotten them in. Up & down season. They toyed with Monmouth & Valpo in NIT because Longeran just let them play. Bully, no room for Bobby Knight's in training on the wood floor anymore.

Sleepy

EOG Master

what a joke

gets fired for referring to that fagg player gordon as the "gay kid"

i wouldn't last one day on any job in today's workforce

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated

a good coach and person..grew up with him and his brother......great family..good luck to him..

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

It's a shame as he's a great coach and a really good guy. As an alum I know a lot about this that hasn't come out yet. GW's gay AD had an affair with one of the players during the 2014-2015 season and Lonergan didn't play ball on the cover up. This is going to destroy the program, but he doesn't belong there any more. GW as an institution has moved so far left I don't give them money any more.

Heim

EOG Master

12 players have transfered in 4 years more were following....the issue has to be deeper that he was not willing to play ball re cover-up.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

From what I understand, a lot of the horrible stuff is true and actually happened. But they are certainly making it sound a lot worse than it actually was. Remember the name Kyle Larson. I have to think eventually the whole story comes out.

Very strange that it's all coming down now. The general understanding was that if they were going to do it it would be before the trip to Japan.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Yup. It's going to get very ugly and destroy the program for a decade. The most PC school in America did it all wrong. How do you not fire the AD having private dinners at home with a student?

I still wanna know how Hobbs lasted so long as coach of gw

Guy was a total nutjob on the sidelines. Yelling, and throwing things constantly... decent coach but his antics were some of the worst I've seen

railbird

EOG Master

affirmative action hire Maurice Joseph has made GW a falling knife. started 83 kenpom now 135 and on way to 200. Don't call me a racist, call the facts and the math racist.

railbird

EOG Master

It's a shame as he's a great coach and a really good guy. As an alum I know a lot about this that hasn't come out yet. GW's gay AD had an affair with one of the players during the 2014-2015 season and Lonergan didn't play ball on the cover up. This is going to destroy the program, but he doesn't belong there any more. GW as an institution has moved so far left I don't give them money any more.

Kudos on not giving them money Eric

railbird

EOG Master

The homosexual AD Patrick Nero hire didn't work out to well, GW kenpom has gone from 64 to 192

railbird

EOG Master

amazing the gay AD is still there even after using a basketball player as his boy toy

railbird

EOG Master

correct abt destroying program, they lost by over 30 3times, 0-3 now

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
Is Mike Lonergan still in college coaching?

Used to be an assistant under Gary Williams at Maryland

Last edited by a moderator:

railbird

EOG Master
the disgusting part is the ultra liberal Washington post leading the way with the cover up by slandering the coach to help promote and or cover up their gay agenda