Mike Trout or Bryce Harper?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
This was discussed back in 2012 and Trout was the pick....seems like the gap has closed a bit....

I love both players but I still would take Trout...both are gamers....

MrTop

EOG Master
Re: Mike Trout or Bryce Harper?

close .... trout about 1+ older......i would take trout... seems a better fielder... both are good at the gate and the plate

both HOF

mr merlin

EOG Master

Trout whifs too much, he was better 3 yrs ago
Trout improves every year, he's amazing, he works on his weaknesses and fixes them, for example 3 or so years ago he was vulnerable to high pitches, his average against high pitches was maybe 150 pts lower than against low pitches, now it's almost the same(and he still hits .300+).

kane

EOG master

The two best players in the game, if I had to choose I'd go with Trout, but it's close imo

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

TROUT AND HARPER ARE STEROUD FREAKS THAT ALWAYS GET HURT I WOULDNT WANT EITHER GUY

I WANT JOSE ALTUVE 12io4j2w90

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

If you believe in Wins Above Replacement as a meaningful statistic, Trout towers over Harper.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Anyone notice Trout at the Eagles game yesterday?

I suspect Trout comes home when he is eligible for free agency...

Stanton and Trout in the same outfield would be a dream for Philly fans...

Valuist

EOG Master

Anyone notice Trout at the Eagles game yesterday?

I suspect Trout comes home when he is eligible for free agency...

Stanton and Trout in the same outfield would be a dream for Philly fans...

And a nightmare for the training staff and team doctors.

Valuist

EOG Master

Trout was injured this year for the first time in his career, wasn't he? And it was a thumb injury from sliding, you guys are nuts.

But the injury was the result of a head first slide. And after he came back, he continued to utilize the head first slide. It's one thing to make a mistake. To repeat it is foolish.

Stanton's injury history is worse. He's only had three seasons in which he has played more than 125 games.

mr merlin

EOG Master

But the injury was the result of a head first slide. And after he came back, he continued to utilize the head first slide. It's one thing to make a mistake. To repeat it is foolish.

Stanton's injury history is worse. He's only had three seasons in which he has played more than 125 games.
I thought you were implying that trout was injury prone, or possibly steroids related, sorry.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Trout parked one 524 ft into the left field bleachers, a mammoth shot in the cool, damp weather.

railbird

EOG Master

Mookie Betts is best player this year by far. Kudos to Trout for not being a puppet and media whore like Cal Ripken was. Trout is good, but media overrates him, he strikes out too much not the player that will show up when it matters, not built for October.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Mookie Betts is best player this year by far. Kudos to Trout for not being a puppet and media whore like Cal Ripken was. Trout is good, but media overrates him, he strikes out too much not the player that will show up when it matters, not built for October.
Care to mention the rest of Trouts stats? And Trout is 48th in strike outs. :LMAO

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

It’ll be an interesting MVP vote if both continue their pace, but the Red Sox win their division and have 100+ wins.

Heim

EOG Master

Trout has to be one of the most boring, non descript interviews I've ever heard from a ballplayer....he comes across as modest because he doesn't have the depth to articulate anything. I'm not alone with this assessment. Local writers have said the same thing....he has a few deals outside of baseball but not as many as the best in the game should.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Maybe so Heim, but as a person, nobody has the right to question his personality as it's all about his ability on the field. That's one of the huge problems we have today as a society. And that us basically what the commissioner did.

MrTop

EOG Master

Maybe so Heim, but as a person, nobody has the right to question his personality as it's all about his ability on the field. That's one of the huge problems we have today as a society. And that us basically what the commissioner did.

Manfred probably thinking trout could promote MLB too at the same time. Trout does not need the money. If trout goes to the schools / camps and hospitals that is enough..

Heim

EOG Master

White, Protestant, New Jersey kid & I can't name one product he endorses.

railbird

EOG Master

Now seems like a good time to point out that Tony Gwynn faced 16 different Hall of Fame pitchers for a total of 517 plate appearances.

He batted .333/.372/.433. ***Against Hall of Famers.***

kane

EOG master

White, Protestant, New Jersey kid & I can't name one product he endorses.

He endorses Super Pretzel, those big pretzels like you get at the game. However, he's the best p;layer in the game and could walk down the streets of any major city without even getting recognized.

railbird

EOG Master

He endorses Travis Matthew a golf clothing company out of Huntington Beach. He always wears hat out in public, don't think he wants the attention.