MLB postseason awards

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's my projections:

Cy Young: DeGrom (NL) Snell (AL)
MVP: Baez (NL) Betts (AL)
Rookie of the Year: Acuna (NL) Ohtani (AL)
Top reliever: Hader (NL) Diaz (AL)
Manager of the Year: Snitker (NL) Melvin (AL)

AL Rookie of the Year will be a good race between Andujar, Torres and Ohtani. NL Cy Young between DeGrom and Scherzer.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
Betts Yelich earned this shit great season.

love Degrom pitching motion reminds me so much of the great Pedro Martinez

that Melvin and Cash vote should be razor close.

Heim

EOG Master
I would think if J.D wins the triple crown it's a foregone conclusion he wins it....he probably should win it anyways....he's turned their offense into murders row.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I'm assuming this means 2018 regular season? I agree with most of these but it would be hard to fathom or recognize Degrom having just 8 wins and an under .500 record yet winning the Cy Young Award. No disrespect to him as it is not a team stat and his won lost record was not his fault due to a lack or run support as his ERA, strikeouts and other comparable favorable stats on his scoreline more than make up for it.

Valuist

EOG Master
Heim;n7456593 said:
I would think if J.D wins the triple crown it's a foregone conclusion he wins it....he probably should win it anyways....he's turned their offense into murders row.

Without the Triple Crown, he won't win it, and he shouldn't. Betts is a complete player, as is Trout. I also could make a case for Jose Ramirez and Lindor ahead of Martinez.

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7456205 said:
Here's my projections:

MVP: Baez (NL) Betts (AL)
Rookie of the Year: Acuna (NL) Ohtani (AL)
Top reliever: Hader (NL) Diaz (AL)
Manager of the Year: Snitker (NL) Melvin (AL)

AL Rookie of the Year will be a good race between Andujar, Torres and Ohtani. NL Cy Young between DeGrom and Scherzer.

These are my winners of the awards

MVP: Yelich (NL) Betts (AL)
ROY: Acuna (NL) Andujar (AL)
Reliever: Hader (NL) Diaz (AL)
MOY: Snitker (NL) Melvin (AL)

My only differences are Yelich over Baez, and Andujar over Ohtani

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
jimmythegreek;n7456595 said:
I'm assuming this means 2018 regular season? I agree with most of these but it would be hard to fathom or recognize Degrom having just 8 wins and an under .500 record yet winning the Cy Young Award. No disrespect to him as it is not a team stat and his won lost record was not his fault due to a lack or run support as his ERA, strikeouts and other comparable favorable stats on his scoreline more than make up for it.

• NL-leading ERA of 1.70
• 29 straight starts of 3 runs or less allowed (single-season record)
• 24 consecutive quality starts
• Allowed one run or less in 18 of 32 starts

If the mets had scored 4 runs in each of jacob degrom’s starts, he would be 30-0 (assuming bullpen doesn't blow it, lol)

If they had scored 3, he’d be 25-1

If they had scored 2, he’d be 20-6

Bushay

NHL Expert
Jammer;n7458251 said:
• NL-leading ERA of 1.70
• 29 straight starts of 3 runs or less allowed (single-season record)
• 24 consecutive quality starts
• Allowed one run or less in 18 of 32 starts

If the mets had scored 4 runs in each of jacob degrom’s starts, he would be 30-0 (assuming bullpen doesn't blow it, lol)

If they had scored 3, he’d be 25-1

If they had scored 2, he’d be 20-6

very impressive numbers

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Baez over Yelich?

Only a Cubs homer would say that.

Yelich- .324 avg, .400 OBP, 36 HRs, 109 RBIs, 7.2 WAR
Baez- .289, .324 OBP, 34 HRs, 111 RBIs, 6.2 WAR

MrTop

EOG Master
agree with gabe, yelch wins MVP better stats. Baez has him on RBI small , yelch runs, OBA & AVG advantage. close race overall

Valuist

EOG Master
Baez has him on defense and versatility. Playing middle infield is much more difficult than a corner OF position.

If I'm a GM, I'd take Baez over Yelich every day of the week.

kane

EOG master
Yelich has a realistic shot at winning the triple crown, he has better numbers than Baez across the board and should win the MVP

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7458366 said:
Baez has him on defense and versatility. Playing middle infield is much more difficult than a corner OF position.

I can understand you taking Baez over Yelich long term given the positions they play, but Yelich has had the better season and deserves the MVP

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Valuist;n7458366 said:

Did they change the rules for mvp? I thought it was most valuable player for this season? It’s not about who you would take.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
BenoitPaire2;n7458394 said:
Did they change the rules for mvp? I thought it was most valuable player for this season? It’s not about who you would take.

Shut up

Valuist

EOG Master
BenoitPaire2;n7458394 said:

If Yelich wins, and he probably will, it will be more about his numbers since August 1st. Thru Sept 1, Baez would've won it. Yelich has had a great September. But a corner OF has to clearly have better numbers than a middle infielder. His close to the season will win it for him.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Valuist;n7458621 said:
If Yelich wins, and he probably will, it will be more about his numbers since August 1st. Thru Sept 1, Baez would've won it. Yelich has had a great September. But a corner OF has to clearly have better numbers than a middle infielder. His close to the season will win it for him.

Why are you making excuses? The season doesn’t end August 1st or September 1st. Yelich deserves the mvp

Valuist

EOG Master
BenoitPaire2;n7458651 said:
Why are you making excuses? The season doesn’t end August 1st or September 1st. Yelich deserves the mvp

Nobody is making excuses. Yelich deserves the MVP because he carried the team the final month. His numbers are only slightly better than Baez, and he plays a much easier position. The last month will win him the award.

Why are you being an asshole?

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Valuist;n7458621 said:
Nah, he will win because hes had a better season. Not much else to it. Better WAR and better season.

railbird

EOG Master
I thought 2004 Conejo Valley was best little league team ever with the Aug 1 cutoff era. Yellich was on that team but was injured and didn't play. they had jonny lister, mustache danny who hit 2 irons, 6 1 cody Thompson throwing 75. that team was loaded, linesmaker and vsin gut Kenny white and I talked abt this team, Kenny was suppose to have Bryce Harper vs this team, but Bryce dad wouldn't let him play.