MLB trades, rumors and news

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: MLB trades, rumors and news

The Dodgers deciding that Watson/Cingrani works instead of Britton is a surprising move.

Watson has a 1.52 WHIP and Cingrani's been getting lit up since the all star break.

Valuist

EOG Master

In light of Keuchel's complaint that the Astro management didn't acquire a bigger name before the deadline, the Astro GM came out and said they had a "deal on the table for someone significant, but the medicals didn't check out", according to MLB Network. Have to wonder who he was referring to: Gray? Darvish? Quintana?

Valuist

EOG Master

Orioles owner canceled a trade for Britton it sounds like.

That could've been it. To my knowledge, Quintana has been injury free. And I can't imagine Texas would've traded Darvish to Houston. Gray? It could've also been him. Shoulder issues last year.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Avila swings at back to back 50 foot sliders and K's... something tells me this guy's first few months were flukes.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Avila swings at back to back 50 foot sliders and K's... something tells me this guy's first few months were flukes.

Neither Avila or Wilson are anything close to what their numbers are. Wilson is a nice addition but Davis is 10x the closer.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Neither Avila or Wilson are anything close to what their numbers are. Wilson is a nice addition but Davis is 10x the closer.

Wilson will be okay because his K rate has been trending sharply upwards.

Avila is not good though. He's been hitting like a pitcher the last month and that's who he's been most of his career. When I had unders on the tigers I could always count on Avila for an 0-4 with a DP. His April-June honestly came out of nowhere.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Cubs gave up Candelario for this piece of shit?

Need to evaluate AL Central team trade chips as if they were in AAA, this guy is a fucking loser.

kane

EOG master

Last week I heard a stat about Joey Votto that's hard to believe. In his entire career he's had almost 6,000 plate appearances, and he's never popped out to first base, not once has he ever popped up to first, it's one of those stats that you would think is impossible, it came from Tom Verducci so I know it's true, but it's something that's hard to imagine

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

Last week I heard a stat about Joey Votto that's hard to believe. In his entire career he's had almost 6,000 plate appearances, and he's never popped out to first base, not once has he ever popped up to first, it's one of those stats that you would think is impossible, it came from Tom Verducci so I know it's true, but it's something that's hard to imagine

Even more amazing given he's a lefty.

MrTop

EOG Master

I would like to see the cubs make a move for a CF with a right handed bat with defense..... something like cain

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Can the Cubs send Justin Wilson back to the Tigers? This guy is a loser, can't throw a strike, when he does it's sent back at him. I can see how he was good in the AL Central, but hopefully Theo remembers this and just trades with the 2 actual AL divisions from now on if he messes around with the AL.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Todd Frazier shitting all over the Yankees' playoff hopes. LOL. Dude can't field a baseball. 5 runs just scored for the Red Sox because he can't field lol. That's pretty much his entire offensive production since he was traded for LMAO

Teams are going to learn that you can't trade for White Sox scum and get better. That organization is the worst in sports. Going to be hilarious watching them shit up the low character prospects they have.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

Neil Walker.....looks like Angels are in the hunt to claim Kinsler off waivers.
Kinsler was already claimed by someone who had a spot ahead of the Brewers which is why the Brewers went with Neil Walker instead.

Valuist

EOG Master

Neil Walker.....looks like Angels are in the hunt to claim Kinsler off waivers.

Really? Isn't that a pretty sizeable contract? I guess they are still in wildcard contention, but I don't think they can outfinish Seattle.

Heim

EOG Master

Really? Isn't that a pretty sizeable contract? I guess they are still in wildcard contention, but I don't think they can outfinish Seattle.

"....Kinsler is owed a little more than $3 million for the rest of this season, plus a $10-million club option or $5 million buyout for 2018."

Not a lot. Doubt they're are going to go with Pennington's bat during the stretch drive. Obv they couldn't work out a deal by the deadline today.

King Felix

EOG Veteran

"....Kinsler is owed a little more than $3 million for the rest of this season, plus a $10-million club option or $5 million buyout for 2018."

Not a lot. Doubt they're are going to go with Pennington's bat during the stretch drive. Obv they couldn't work out a deal by the deadline today.
Yeah nothing sizeable about kins contract. He's worth every dollar. He will not be let go for free.

He does have a full no trade though and angles really have nothing in the minors. Would love to see them get him though - trout deserves a playoff trip.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Did the Cubs trade for reinforcements at the trade deadline or Cardinal spies?

Quintana has been utter trash
Wilson has been utter trash
Avila ends the game here with a useless uncompetitive at bat

Oy. Avoid the little league caliber AL Central. Like russian roulette with a fully loaded pistol

Valuist

EOG Master

Have to wonder if the Brewers trade for Brian Dozier. Dozier will be a free agent after this season, so it probably wouldn't cost much. After getting Moustakis, they moved Travis Shaw to 2B. I would be surprised if Shaw is their second baseman the rest of the way.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

So much for the Twins playoff-caliber roster this season.

Time to sell before the deadline.

MrTop

EOG Master

Twins need a 3 game sweep to just get back in it. Twins are 9 out in the all important loss column , although higher mountains have been climbed.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Have to wonder if the Brewers trade for Brian Dozier. Dozier will be a free agent after this season, so it probably wouldn't cost much. After getting Moustakis, they moved Travis Shaw to 2B. I would be surprised if Shaw is their second baseman the rest of the way.

Dodgers did not lose much in Logan.

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7452052 said:
White flag up in Washington. Nats trade Daniel Murphy to the Cubs.

Matt Adams to the Cardinals, Nats are the biggest disappointments in baseball, somewhere Dusty is laughing

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Valuist;n7452052 said:
White flag up in Washington. Nats trade Daniel Murphy to the Cubs.

The first thing I hear about this in Chicago is about Murphy's views on gays and not whether he can help the cubs.

Its the new norm I guess.