Mookie Betts May Never Play For Dodgers...

Heim

EOG Master
Despite a suspended season still considered a service year. Mookie will be FA when this season is officially over.

Red Sox got a good deal

You kidding me? The Sox screwed this up in every way imaginable. It started with rewarding a newcomer Chris Sale with too many miles on his arm for an outlandish contract based on past performance, while letting a home grown talent-one of top 5 players in the game-face of the franchise walk away.

In the aggregate consider it a trade of Betts for Sale.

kane

EOG master
You kidding me? The Sox screwed this up in every way imaginable. It started with rewarding a newcomer Chris Sale with too many miles on his arm for an outlandish contract based on past performance, while letting a home grown talent-one of top 5 players in the game-face of the franchise walk away.

Heisey, you follow baseball closer than me, but I thought Betts told the Sox he wouldn't re-sign with them and would walk after his FA year. If that's the case, then the Sox were in a tough spot, they really had little choice but to move him, and I like Vedugo, now there's no way they got back equal value, but anytime a team trades a star, they never get back equal value and that goes for any sport. I think Verdugo has a chance to be really good, maybe not Betts good, but good

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The White Sox really took a lot of crap for the Moncada/Sale trade, mainly because Sale signed a pretty club-friendly deal. The Red Sox got sucked in to a big contract for past performance, knowing the Yankees were in the division.

Heisey, you follow baseball closer than me, but I thought Betts told the Sox he wouldn't re-sign with them and would walk after his FA year. If that's the case, then the Sox were in a tough spot, they really had little choice but to move him, and I like Vedugo, now there's no way they got back equal value, but anytime a team trades a star, they never get back equal value and that goes for any sport. I think Verdugo has a chance to be really good, maybe not Betts good, but good

Betts wanted to walk because the Sox never came to the table when he wanted to start discussing a long term deal before last season. He rightfully felt slighted because they awarded newcomer Sale a long term deal right off the bat. Im not that high on Verdugo yet. He has a nice hit tool but hasn’t showed much with the power tool yet but that can always improve. According to most scouting analysts the impact player in the deal is likely to be Jeter Downs. He has exciting athleticism with high ceiling potential.

Valuist

EOG Master
If there is a season, and that's a big if, have to believe it will be games played with no crowd. So who would be the beneficiary of a season played in private in Arizona and Florida? I would argue Houston. Remember all the talk how the Astros would catch hell on the road with angry fans? That's gone. They will still get plenty of chin music, but no big deal.

So would the Marlins, Rays and Diamondbacks still get to play in their home parks?

MrTop

EOG Master
lets see how he hits when not at fenway. His road stats are a little less so far. This is a tougher park to hit .