More Proof Beating the Close Doesn't Equate to Being a Winner (Fezzik Example)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Randall on the prescam podcast/show today stated that Fezzik had a thread in the pizza bettor forums talking about where lines would be moving in the NFL. Randall was very emphatic that Fezzik was correct on the move 75% of the time.

Ok. If he knows where the line is moving and beating the close is a very good indication of being a winning sports betting why is he hitting under 50% in the NFL over the last 6 years?

Discuss!

yisman

EOG Master
Re: More Proof Beating the Close Doesn't Equate to Being a Winner (Fezzik Example)

what's to discuss?

Fezzik isn't beating the closer 75% of the time. End of story.

Why does it mean anything to you that Randall said something? Doesn't pregame lie about things constantly? See the BLAP program.

andyfezzik claims his brother is a winning gambler. So? That doesn't mean it's the truth.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Re: More Proof Beating the Close Doesn't Equate to Being a Winner (Fezzik Example)

I love reporting what Randall says when it's a complete and utter lie. It's just a wonder how they suck the life out of lie after lie after lie to give themselves a feeling that they are providing content to bettors.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

what's to discuss?

Fezzik isn't beating the closer 75% of the time. End of story.
Maybe he is. It's pretty easy to beat a closing line when you're posting games at numbers that are oftentimes no longer available.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Ted Sevransky's "free play" on today's radio program was Toronto +1 over Milwaukee.

yisman

EOG Master

Maybe he is. It's pretty easy to beat a closing line when you're posting games at numbers that are oftentimes no longer available.

I was thinking about that after I posted, because fezzik has been known to lie about lines. Typical tout move of waiting for a line to move, then release a play at the old number and pretend you had that.

What I meant by beating the number was to take the widely available line when he releases a pick and compare it to the closing line.

beating the closing line doesnt automatically make you a winner,another myth among American bettors.

I can tell you which way lines are going to move,yes I can read a sports option screen,i cant beat NFL.

Boys,prescam & Randy target mug(casual) bettors,the shit that sniped nosed fat little fuck spiels isnt meant for anyone with a clue.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

I can tell you first hand that you can lose beating the close over a pretty signifigant sample size but that is not what beating the number is about. If you have 3 games out of 500 where your number wins while the closer pushes or loses that is A SIGNIFICANT enough margin to impact ones ROI. In other words if you get the better number there is no gaurantee that youll be printing money at seasons end.. But it certainly helps.
What Id like to see is a purely x and o's capper who has a winning rep face off vs a strictly a numbers or market guy that really has no idea about the sport the capper is a expert in.. Who wins here?

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

I can tell you first hand that you can lose beating the close over a pretty signifigant sample size but that is not what beating the number is about. If you have 3 games out of 500 where your number wins while the closer pushes or loses that is A SIGNIFICANT enough margin to impact ones ROI. In other words if you get the better number there is no gaurantee that youll be printing money at seasons end.. But it certainly helps.
What Id like to see is a purely x and o's capper who has a winning rep face off vs a strictly a numbers or market guy that really has no idea about the sport the capper is a expert in.. Who wins here?

My guess would be the first guy, because the second guy is following moves that the first guy already made. I mean, someone has to make the first bet, right? Otherwise numbers would never move. And in that case, where would the second be?

Also, I would suspect that the first guy would have a better idea which games to stay away from.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

I beat the closer 90+ percent of the time (depending which way the line is trending), obviously when I was scalping it was pretty much everything, but just for picking the game its surely useful, but its not everything