Most Interesting Pick In NFL Draft

Heim

EOG Master
Of course it's the No. 3 pick. So much speculation and analysis who 49ers will pick. Naturally a Qb. Smith currently the favorite -140. But Jones money on under 9.5 in draft coming in heavy so there must be some correlation. Trey Lance has looked good in workouts and currently 4/1.

Funny listening to talking heads analyze Shanahan's Qb profile preferences in the past to garner a clue.

railbird

EOG Master
i think zach wilson is much the best in this draft. trevor is overrated, the nodak st and ohio st qbs are clowns, the tennis player from bama has a chance to be good. nyj and jacksonville are both shitholes tho.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mock draft 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.

Mel Kiper, Jr. was ahead of the crowd 35 years ago.

He looks good for 60.

Like HEIM suggested, the 2021 NFL Draft begins with the third pick.

Trevor Lawrence (90 TDs and 17 INTs in three seasons at Clemson) to the Jags and Zach Wilson to the Jets are set in stone.

Birdie's on record saying Wilson will be the best ("much the best") quarterback in the 2021 NFL Draft.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Mac Jones is nothing more than Christian Ponder

I fully expect him to be a BUST

Go ahead folks, name me the last great Alabama QB. Ken Stabler - 50 years ago. Anyone got another name

Whoever takes Jones in 2021 will be looking for another QB in the 2025 draft. And the people picking in 2025 might not be the same ones who picked in 2021

Jb777

EOG Dedicated

Go ahead folks, name me the last great Alabama QB. Ken Stabler - 50 years ago. Anyone got another name

Whoever takes Jones in 2021 will be looking for another QB in the 2025 draft. And the people picking in 2025 might not be the same ones who picked in 2021

Tua is still young, plenty of time to be great.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Tua is still young, plenty of time to be great.

100% agree. I just see Tua a "A Guy" - was never really a fan of his at the place his pay was equal to what he is getting now

Won't be great. Won't suck. Won't be in the NFL after 6-7 years. Easy to say now but Herbert was the one they shoulda taken

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Joe Namath

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Do you guys really think Pitts is worth taking that high?

I think Najee Harris is built different even though he did play on Alabama. Physical, mental. He's going to be a very good player for somebody.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Do you guys really think Pitts is worth taking that high?

I think Najee Harris is built different even though he did play on Alabama. Physical, mental. He's going to be a very good player for somebody.

Pitts is a special talent...he is going to give linebackers nightmares....another Kelce but faster....

Wilson could easily bust as well, his upswing in production came playing cupcakes. I think no one gets good value moving up for these QBs in terms of production but the salary cap has skewed the game to where even an average QB on a rookie deal can greatly increase a teams odds of getting to or winning an SB. If we didn't have the cap you might see these guys other than Lawrence get drafted starting around 7 or 8.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
I will stick with Stabler. Better than Namath. Really not even debatable. Namath is easily the worst player in Canton

Others here know much more about Namath's career than I do, but I was always under the impression that he got into the hall basically on the strength of the Super Bowl upset.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Others here know much more about Namath's career than I do, but I was always under the impression that he got into the hall basically on the strength of the Super Bowl upset.

he got into the hall basically on the strength of the Super Bowl upset.

That's Correct.

Horrible Career Stats.

W-L 62-63

Cmp%

TD

Int

Heim

EOG Master
Really!? Namath not a HOF

He probably had the greatest single season of any QB in history when football
was run, run, run. Moreover he single handily facilitated the merger.

The guy was gifted, the knees weren't.

P.S. Maybe I'm a little bias because he's appearance on the Brady Bunch is epic.

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

BINGO!!!

As Tony Kornheiser says countless times on PTI (2nd best show on TV after...Last Week Tonight with John Oliver) the best hilite for the JEST the last 50 years is Namath running off the field with his index finger saying they are #1 after winning the SB. If NYJ loses that game not sure Namath is in the Hall

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
It probably was the most important game ever played, He put the ball in the icebox in the third quarter and didn't even attempt a pass in the Fourth. Definitely belongs in the Hall.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Really!? Namath not a HOF

He probably had the greatest single season of any QB in history when football
was run, run, run. Moreover he single handily facilitated the merger.

The guy was gifted, the knees weren't.

P.S. Maybe I'm a little bias because he's appearance on the Brady Bunch is epic.

The guy was gifted

Hall of Fame Numbers ?

Really ?

Try Having That TD. To INT. Ratio Today With a Losing W-L Record, With a 50% Completion Record.

They'd Dangle You Off a Bridge For Someone To Claim.

W-L 62-63

Cmp%

TD

Int

Heim

EOG Master
Jones is talked about as the third pick in the draft and I'm not sure his career will be any
better than 'Tide' McCarron or Barker. Both excellent college Qbs and 5th round picks.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Jones is talked about as the third pick in the draft and I'm not sure his career will be any
better than 'Tide' McCarron or Barker. Both excellent college Qbs and 5th round picks.
It would be a great ploy to get a sucker to trade up. The problem is SF traded up. Atlanta probably needs a qb also, but they will get the first non-qb on the board - that is a great spot to be in. Who knows, they may trade that pick, but I would keep it.

MrTop

EOG Master
the rules changed BIG time after joe willie..to help the QB

back then lineman could not extend arms.. you could not block anyway you want .. defense could destroy QB .. No Over time & more games that pad stats. Corners had it Easier to hit at the line.. Back then you put fear into the WR over the middle. Running back played a bigger role because of less blocking rules. Artificial turf was at some stadiums.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
He's the only quarterback in the HOF with a losing career record. He also had more interceptions than touchdowns by a wide margin.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

But I always like the "fame angle" to these type of arguments.

Namath was as famous as they come.

Using the same logic, I support Eli Manning for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Everyone knows Eli.

It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Impressive Accomplishments.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
But I always like the "fame angle" to these type of arguments.

Namath was as famous as they come.

Using the same logic, I support Eli Manning for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Everyone knows Eli.

It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Impressive Accomplishments.

He is a LOCK. Might not be 1st ballot but you win 2 SB for a team with NY in its title - Canton!

boston massacre

EOG Master
Think of How Great Andrew Luck Was PROJECTED To Be Coming Out of College

Solid Q.B. Played 7 Years.

But Never Even Made it To a Super Bowl.

Over 50% of 1st Rd. N.F.L. Q.B.'s are Failures.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
With today's medicine Joe Namath could have gotten his knees fixed. We should judge him on how good he was when he was healthy.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
It would be a great ploy to get a sucker to trade up. The problem is SF traded up. Atlanta probably needs a qb also, but they will get the first non-qb on the board - that is a great spot to be in. Who knows, they may trade that pick, but I would keep it.

Would take Pitts at 4.....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The guy was gifted

Hall of Fame Numbers ?

Really ?

Try Having That TD. To INT. Ratio Today With a Losing W-L Record, With a 50% Completion Record.

They'd Dangle You Off a Bridge For Someone To Claim.

W-L 62-63

Cmp%

TD

Int

You think Edelman gets in the Hall with his regular season numbers??

His playoff and Super Bowl games might....

boston massacre

EOG Master
You think Edelman gets in the Hall with his regular season numbers??

His playoff and Super Bowl games might....

Very Doubtful With His Regular Season Numbers.

He Was an Underneath Receiver.

Never Was a Threat To Beat You By Stretching The Field.

But, When The Team Needed To Pick Up a Key Third/ Fourth Down Conversion, To Keep a Drive Alive in Big Games, He Came Thru Hundreds of Times.

Best Part of His Game Was His Ability To Create Separation Underneath With His Quickness.

Brady's Most Reliable Receiver He Ever Had During His Patriot Career.

Brady Called him his Little Brother.

Last edited:
Pitts is definitely a game changer, but I wonder if a team will keep him at TE over time. He's not that great blocker and his skill set is much more WR. I think in that context, you'd rather just teach him the WR position at the NFL level so he doesn't take as much contact and gets more open space to make plays. The Calvin Johnson comparisons physically are so close, just makes more sense. With that in mind and the fact that the Falcons may move on from Julio in the not too distant future, picking Pitts is just too obvious.