Most trusted news source?

railbird

EOG Master
For me, it is RT.

Russians don't bullshit like Americans.

Also, anytime I've hired Russians for a job, they get the job done.

Americans, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great question, Birdie.

You would think there's a hole in the market right now for honest journalism.

But as people race to the fringes of both parties, the center of the ideological spectrum no longer is sought by mainstream media outlets.

After Republicans took control of all three branches of government in 2016, the Democrats were left no choice but to weaponize the media.

Sad but true.

That said, I still read The New York Times every day for the high quality of writing and editing.

I also like to watch CNN's John King, Jake Tapper and Chris Cuomo.

I can only take small doses of Sean Hannity, who repeats the same schtick nightly on Fox News.

I prefer watching Tucker Carlson over any other FNC host.

MSNBC?

I refuse to watch.

Too radical for my taste.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For me, it is RT.

Russians don't bullshit like Americans.

Also, anytime I've hired Russians for a job, they get the job done.

Americans, not so much.

I only knew one Russian when growing up in Chicago.

And he got the job done more times than not.

His name was Ivan Koloff.

1561960469758.png

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like Tucker's presentation.

I remember him from his early days at CNN.

Hard to believe he's 50.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Missed it.

I watched CNN's Jim Sciutto who, as I understand it, is an authority on U.S. relations involving China and Russia.

Disclaimer: I don't proclaim to be a political junkie but I find it very interesting.

As my a close friend of mine likes to say, "Politics...the greatest sport of all."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like when Tucker Carlson pronounces Don Lemon's name as Don LeMon, as if he's French.

Makes me chuckle every time.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Don't agree with the views of CNN's Van Jones but his presentation is slick.

Well-dressed and well-spoken.

He was a true Democratic cheerleader during last week's debates.

railbird

EOG Master
Great question, Birdie.

But as people race to the fringes of both parties, the center of the ideological spectrum no longer is sought by mainstream media outlets.

After Republicans took control of all three branches of government in 2016, the Democrats were left no choice but to weaponize the media.

Sad but true.

That said, I still read The New York Times every day for the high quality of writing and editing.

I can only take small doses of Sean Hannity, who repeats the same schtick nightly on Fox News.

MSNBC?

I refuse to watch.

I'm also a huge Tucker Carlson fan.

By far, he's the best guy at Fox News Channel.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If I want national news, sad to say but I watch CBC. Had enough of news pres niter from the right or left.

Valuist

EOG Master
Great question, Birdie.

Sad but true.

MSNBC?

I refuse to watch.

I would say the Left weaponized the media long before 2016. They've always been left leaning, but the bias really got bigger starting around the turn of the century. My niece has a journalism degree from Syracuse and one of my best friends has a journalism degree from Indiana. They are both left leaning, but acknowledge that the professors in the journalism school are far left leaning.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I would say the Left weaponized the media long before 2016. They've always been left leaning, but the bias really got bigger starting around the turn of the century. My niece has a journalism degree from Syracuse and one of my best friends has a journalism degree from Indiana. They are both left leaning, but acknowledge that the professors in the journalism school are far left leaning.

No doubt.

Listen to Sam Donaldson or Dan Rather talk today and they're completely radicalized and they're not afraid to say it.

They duped the American public for a long time before the masses caught on.

Rough times for journalism.

michael777

EOG Dedicated
Fox News and conservative talk radio, only two honest and reliable news sources left.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
As I get older I don’t know who to believe....they all fight for ratings.....it definitely isn’t about honesty anymore ...

Where is Paul Harvey when you need him?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Fox News and conservative talk radio,only 2 honest and reliable news sources left

Faux News is reliable?

Really?

Compared to what?

Faux News is as reliable as a $3 Rolex

Faux news is nothing more than the mouthpiece for someone who has told OVER 10,000 VERIFIED LIES!

CNN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Faux News (as far as reliability)

Only reason Der Fuhrer'[s MAGAts hate CNN is because they tell the TRUTH and FACTS! 2 things MAGAts hate because FACTS only make Der Fuhrer look as asinine as he is

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fair and balanced makes me laugh.

More like unfair and imbalanced.

Sean Hannity should wear a cheerleader's skirt to work.

This is a myth that Rush Limbaugh and Roger Ailes constructed. The media covered Clinton lying about a blow job for two straight years as if it was the end of the world. In comparison when it was proven that Saddam had no WMD’s and the Iraq war was started on lies the media barely covered it and there was hardly any outrage.

All mainstream/corporate media in my opinion left/right is only what the government will allow us to hear.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Sam Donaldson was a Ronald Reagan hater. He was the first to overly attack the politicians he covered.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
This is a myth that Rush Limbaugh and Roger Ailes constructed. The media covered Clinton lying about a blow job for two straight years as if it was the end of the world. In comparison when it was proven that Saddam had no WMD’s and the Iraq war was started on lies the media barely covered it and there was hardly any outrage.

All mainstream/corporate media in my opinion left/right is only what the government will allow us to hear.

So many Repubs believe that the Clintons had over 50 whacked yet the media is not covering it!!!

Come on, seriously now!!!

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

I understand your premise but will have to amend this a little. It's not what our government allows us to hear. It's what money allows us to hear. Whether that money is backing the corporations or money backing the politicians. People with the money have the ultimate power in many types of governments. Including in the USA.

It's one of the many reasons Trump is so widely hated by the media and many politicians. Nobody can control him because money can't influence him.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Faux News is reliable?

Really?

Compared to what?

Faux News is as reliable as a $3 Rolex

Faux news is nothing more than the mouthpiece for someone who has told OVER 10,000 VERIFIED LIES!

CNN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Faux News (as far as reliability)

Only reason Der Fuhrer'[s MAGAts hate CNN is because they tell the TRUTH and FACTS! 2 things MAGAts hate because FACTS only make Der Fuhrer look as asinine as he is

CNN NOT FAKE NEWS ????????????????????????????????????????

REALLY ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

They're as PHONY as a 3 Dollar Bill.

AND VERY MENTALLY WEAK !

AND STILL SHEDDING TEARS FROM THE TRUMP VICTORY.

WEAKLINGS, PHONIES, AND BOTTOM OF THE BARRELL RATINGS WITH ALL THE MAGGOTS !!!!!!

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
In comparison when it was proven that Saddam had no WMD’s and the Iraq war was started on lies the media barely covered it and there was hardly any outrage.

The New York Times bought the Bush 43 administration's documented b.s. (see below) hook, line, and sinker. Where as the Knight_Ridder newpaper chain's Washington correspondents had the correct story that there were no WMD's. But, unfortunately no-one paid attention, and many people needlessly paid with their lives. Knight Ridder Newspapers has since merged with McClatchy Newspapers.

The team of Knight Ridder reporters, led by Jonathan Landay, Warren Strobel, John Walcott and Joe Galloway, wrote the stories. Walcott and Landay spoke with The Huffington Post at the time of the fifth anniversary of the war in 2008. What follows are a few questions and quotes from the interview:

The Knight Ridder team, and now the McClatchy team, has frequently been cited as one of the few that got it right in the run-up to the invasion. At the time a lot of people said the rest of the media was ignoring you. Is that how you and the team felt at the time?

"Well we certainly didn’t see anyone doing the same kinds of stories, with the exception of some stories by Walter Pincus at the Washington Post . . . But during the period when I guess, arguably, it mattered, when it could have and should have been a debate about whether to engage in this war, I think we felt that we were fairly lonely."

What was it about the way the Knight Ridder bureau was approaching the story that made it so you didn’t get lost in the same wave of reporting that overtook the rest of the press corps?

"There wasn’t any reporting in the rest of the press corps, there was stenography. ('Highlighting, etc.' here by me. What a brutal indictment -- the rest of the D.C. press corps laziness and negligence led to many needless deaths.) The administration would make an assertion, people would make an assertion, people would write it down as if it were true, and put it in the newspaper or on television. ('Highlighting, etc.' here by me.)

Did you guys have secret sources that no one else had access to, or was this just a question of editors approaching the job from a more traditional sense of what a reporter should actually be doing?

It’s both of those things. You can’t do this kind of reporting without sources and you can’t develop these kinds of sources overnight. The fact that Jonathan and Warren and I, and to a great extent Joe Galloway who was also a part of this team, had been working in these vineyards for many, many years was helpful. But it begins with the second part of your question. When the administration made an assertion, a lot of people wrote it down and printed it and we looked at it and said “that doesn’t make any sense. Is that true?” And we proceeded to call people. And very often, and very quickly, people said “no, that’s not true,” or “there is no evidence that that’s true,” or “they left out part of the story.” (underlining italicizing by me)

Valuist

EOG Master

The media's coverage of Bill Clinton wasn't about his politics. They covered the sex scandal because sex sells.

I stand by my earlier assertions.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CNN NOT FAKE NEWS ????????????????????????????????????????

REALLY ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

They're as PHONY as a 3 Dollar Bill.

AND VERY MENTALLY WEAK !

AND STILL SHEDDING TEARS FROM THE TRUMP VICTORY.

WEAKLINGS, PHONIES, AND BOTTOM OF THE BARRELL RATINGS WITH ALL THE MAGGOTS !!!!!!

Anderson Cooper's offbeat rhythm and slight stuttering problem is hard to take.

mr merlin

EOG Master
FOX is the most reliable by far, among the networks I watch the CBS evening news quite a bit, I haven't watched a second of Msnbc in 3 years +, dont watch CNN either, although if there's breaking news I may click it on briefly..

If you watch the 2 fake online news channels you have a totally distorted view of the world/reality.

I thought tucker's reporting from Korea was great, instead of focusing on the nonsense, he focused on small interesting things, such as Kims bodyguards and the fact Kim was completely winded from merely walking 30 -40 yards, after he said that I watched closely and you could see him huffing and puffing, which is shocking considering Kim is only like 35. I saw nothing about that on the other news sources. Tucker also commented on the fact Seoul , a city of something like 30 million, poorer than american cities, has no homeless problem and asked why?

Online Drudge is great, zero hedge has a wide variety of topics with different perspectives(albeit much of it doom and gloom), and of course old reliable Breitbart for exposing every single utterance of liberal hypocricy.