My APOLOGY to MLB Fans at EOG....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Guys, first off i want to say, that i consider almost each and everyone one of you a friend, even though the majority i have not met....For those that i have met at the bashes, you know me, you know i am a real person, i am a good person, and i care about my friends deeply....I am not an "internet persona", that acts online, any different than i do in real life..

when i made the choice to come to EOG, it was basically due to my friendship with Ken and General, and Hache, and had nothing to do with anything bad by the RX...I stated all this when i left.....I simply was taking a better offer......I came here as a mod, and to run contests, help grade, and generally just do normal mod duties.....Of course, i cap all sports, so i would be posting plays here, just like always, no big deal to me......

However, when i came over, i was trumpeted as the 'best capper" , "solid" etc.....while appreciating the accolades, you notice you NEVER saw me say those things about myself.....It is simply too much to live up to....

However, i certainly expected to have similar results to what i have had posting plays for the last 3 years......Sadly, i have dissappointed greatly in that area.....

I want to apologize to the posters who blindly followed me based on prior success, or because of the "promotion" of me, before baseball.....For those that have followed for the last couple years, i dont feel near as bad, because i helped you build a lot more than you have lost this year, so i dont feel i have "hurt" you......the new people that just started this year, have suffered BECAUSE of me, and that bothers me........For those guys, i am truly sorry....I still feel i have contributed positively in my time here, and hope to continue to do so, long into the future, but i felt i needed to let you know, that i am very sorry for DISSAPPOINTING so many this season...

Many had hoped i would fail, since i did the horrible deed of switching jobs, to those people , i could care less.....i will still survive, despite on bad baseball season, and they will still be miserable long into the future....anyone who lets their life and feeling be dictated by a poster on the internet, that they dont follow, well, that about says it all...

But i know many did follow, even if not every play, they heeded my advice, and for the most part this year, it has been horrible...

I would love to know exactly why things are so different this year, but i just cant put my finger on it.....people will give their reasons why, but lets be honest, i played runlines in the past, and won, i played totals in the past, and won, i played home team fav's in the past and won...the only reason this stuff was brought up, was because i am now losing.....I have tried many things to turn it around, and nothing has worked so far....This is simply something i have to work thru on my own....I will continue to post plays however, as i want to work thru this, and most importantly, i want to show, that i am not as bad as this embarassing season has shown...If it was jsut about money, i would continue to play my plays, and hope to get some of my losses back, and simply not post....but i want to show that i am better than this....therefore i have to keep plugging at it....At least until i have lost as much as i won last year, if i reach that point, then well, i will have probably killed myself, so it wont matter...

Anyways, what was supposed to be a short post, has turned into a ramble, but basically i just wanted to say, that i am sorry for letting so many people down, it really does bother me, and anyone who REALLY knows me, knows that it does......

I dont want people thinking because i am still posting plays, that i think i am great or anything, i am simply trying to work through it....I dont expect anyone to be playing the plays, until i can prove that i can finally put together winning days again, like the past....i wouldnt blame anyone for fading right now, and if u do, i hope u stop right before i get hot.....:D

And please, no more advice on what i need to do, this is something i simply need to work out for myself, and i will do it.....jsut because i have staggered thru this year, does not mean, i have lost all ability, and i will rebound....i plan on posting my "local" ncaa plays, which have been successful, and hopefully another good capping year in NFL.....i managed to finish 3rd last year, in the nfl capping contest at RX, the hilton style contest....so i am still a capable capper, and hope to contribute here along with everyone else....I have not thrown in the towel, i have simply taken a big slice of humble pie...

i do appreciate those that have emailed me support, given me rep support, and the posters that continually wish me luck, and show confidence in me....It means alot.......I am really sorry for the lousy season..

I honestly hope that each of you finish out your baseball season in strong fashion, and continue the success right into the NFL....I am trying to simply recoup a little during the last 2 months of bases, and start off fresh in the NFL......

Best of Luck.....

Cannon

Banned
Hell it is only money......Football is here and I hope to get it back in foots.

I felt following you was like buying a stock. When you went to -20 units I felt that your stock had bottomed out and their was noway to go but up. I have been playing your stuff for $100 a unit. It is either one of two things you got hot or lucky the first two thirds of bases last year because I saw someone post you lost 50 units the last two months of last year. Also someone said you played a few teams last year in long winning streaks one of the teams I think was St. Louis and made a bunch of units. I will hang on till Sunday and see if we can finish the week at under -100 units. If we can I will stay with you. If we are over -100 units I guess I will have to quit betting the plays.

I lost a great deal of money on them for me but not that down about it anymore. Will make a bunch of money betting ACE-ACE football. He is 1-0 so far and has St. Louis under for $300 and Philly for $800.

Just the way the ball bounces.

I agree the EOG never should have touted you as the bet bases capper their is on the internet. It did two things, out a lot of pressure on you that you never had before. Then you had to pick winners for hundreds of people per day. I have seen the same thing over the years. Example also this year Choptalk and Journeyman as well.

Also you have had to take the comments and negetive comments from lots of people including myself.

I get very good info from some large layoff books that are friends of mine and it is tough to win in baskets and foots for me when you have 30 people calling for the plays while I am trying to win for myself. You would do better if you just picked the plays for yourself this posting puts to much bad mojo and pressure on a person when things go south.

The thing that I have a problem with they use you to get everyone to come to the site then when you don't do well Dirty,General and a few others say it is all our fault we lost because we bet the plays. That is total BS. If that statement pisses management they can ban me I don't care.

Well that is my 2 cents anyway.

No Worries Buckaroo we still love ya ( in a manly sort of way, except for Dirty, he may love you in a different way:eek: .)

Keep your chin up buddy....Foots is very close.

Glaken

bucks - youre still the best, sir. no need to apologize. maybe its just a matter of evening out in the long run. remember, hitting 53% is a great feat in sports capping...

What a classy and humble post-one not see too often on these forums...

Thanks Bucs for all that you bring to this site...

Many came here because of you and I don't see many leaving because you have had a losing record... :cheers

THE SHRINK

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
4 straight years finishing over +100 units in baseball I think everyone can forgive you for finally having a rough go of it.............

Hey Bucs. Didn't follow you this season as I was doing my own thing, but I just have this to say.

I've seen people predicting doom and gloom for you for a long time now. "Bucs is about to crash", "Bucs bets too many games, he's going to lose in the long run", "Bucs bets too many favorites, he's going to lose in the long run", or "THIS is the season Bucs will flop".

Eventually they had to be right. But I have seen you make hundreds of units over thousands of picks, so I just laugh when I hear people talking about how you can't win in the "long run". Take this year, subtract it from the successful seasons past and you are still well in the profit with an overall very nice looking win column. In fact, I'll bet if that's all we did and we showed just that overall data to many of these people they'd look at it and say "sign me up!".

Better luck next season buddy. Hope you bounce back strong.

mofome

Banned
had my differences with bucs and thats fine. great post and i hope u finish strong and are as good a guy as u come off as in most of your posts.

bol the rest of the way

RaiseThese

EOG Senior Member
What else can you say?
Now dont get me wrong because I always wish people well, but this is a good lesson in humility and persistency.

This game will humble us at times but if you stay persitent then things usually work out to the best.

Good luck the rest of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

FullyEclipsed

EOG Member
Bucs,

I have had no intentions of signing up with EOG for I have just been a lurker due to the hype of you leaving the Rx when I was a new member but I have looked in on your plays everyday.

You are a very classy gentleman throughout the whole season and most could only hope that they could be as much of a stand up guy as you.

I wish you the best of luck in all that you do and hope that you can turn this funk around into a year that you are capable of having.

FullyEclipsed

CHARLIEPEETE

EOG Dedicated
I FOLLOWED BLINDLY BECAUSE IT WAS THE THING TO DO AND EZZZEEE.

I QUIT U ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO AFTERALL THEY ARE JUST DEAD PRESIDENTS.. GOOD LUCK AND DONT STOP NOW...............:smoke

A classy post from an even classier individual. Thanks bucs. I got off baseball all together about 2 weeks ago, but will be right back with you on opening day next year....with absolutely no hesitation!! Hope you still turn it around the last third of this year....best of luck!:+thumbs-2

TidePride

EOG Addicted
very good post. but as i learned last yr at another forum people were following my sec football picks because of past sucess, the mod there said it best, the operative word is FOLLOW, people have a CHOICE, THEY have the duty of doing there homework, and therefore it is there choice to follow or not. But i have found you thru or interaction as fair and thorough individual and have no doubt that you will bounce back whether it is this yr or next. Good Luck and thanks for a classy post.
TP

Apple

Banned
This season was tough for alot of people. Baseball has seemed to
be a crap shoot this season. Very nice post man, and I can tell you
are a good guy. EOG is great place!!

P.S
I think the people that desire bucsfan to lose and showcase happiness
when he does are pure PIECES OF SHIT and complete scum..

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bucsfan67 again.
<!-- / main error message -->​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Woody

EOG Veteran
Respect your post Bucs but it wasn't necessary.

Like it says in a Mutual Fund prospectus "past results do not guarantee future performance". Everyone should know that and not criticise or suggest better plays for the Fund Manager.

BOL for the rest of the season and foots.

joe67

EOG Enthusiast
you are a class act bucsfan,alot of the braggers and blowhards at the rx would never write something like that and you never boasted, you just posted.I am glad you are here and you,the general,the shrink and everyone has done a great job getting some folks over here but I will be honest this place has sort of slowed down.It was buzzing just a few months ago with all these new additions,cokin,culver and it could get buzzing again with playoffs around the corner and football here. how about getting some more contests,especially travel stuff to vegas, some cool bashes in vegas and bring some women into this forum. these forums are far too male.great job bucsfan and you are much appreciated.
cheers
joe

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
most by now would have ditched their record but not Bucs. its still in the title of the thread. shows he is a stand up guy.

it has been a tough year for most baseball cappers not just one man

hang in there

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

ask culver or cokin: it's been a strange year in bases;

i still say your picks are good; and you will likely end up winner to all od 2006

but;

it's up to you

jmho

gl

:)

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Very straightforward Bucs. I followed for a while And even though I never have handicapped bases myself I always tried to figure out what makes those who are successful tick. And I do consider you successful because it is the long haul that counts. A lot can be learned by the way you handled this season. I use this forum to learn more about sportsbetting so I can be better. Sometimes lessons come in tough times.

I look in on your threads, but dont play the plays. It has nothing to do with you, I just consider myself a jinx to anyone. You show a lot of character, which is way more important than $$$. I can appreciate the fact that you feel you have let people down, but lets face it bro - this is the internet. Its not a do or die situation by any means. Much easier said than done, I know. And I agree, people telling you everything under the sun what MAY be wrong isnt going to help. Keep your head up and try not to beat yourself up bro...

:cheers

bigbet1234

EOG Dedicated
enough already, damn, got half way through and was like WTF.......man, you are having a bad year, if online sports is around next year, hit at it again.

why the fuck are you apoligizing? I mean, come on already.....

BB

footdocml

EOG Enthusiast
Bucs you are a classy guy. I still appreciate the plays and have still been playing your favorite play of the day. They have always been money in the bank and I dont have the numbers on them this year but I am sure that they are holding their own. I am one of those that had never heard of EOG and followed over here from the RX. I am glad that I did because there is a lot of good information without the childish games for the most part. For those that feel a need to bash I would just say that your mom once told you that if you do not have something nice to say then dont say it all. Well go back to that. Keep doing what you have done Bucs because prior to this year it has worked for you. Keep the favorite plays coming too.
:+thumbs-2
:ftyankees