My APOLOGY to MLB Fans at EOG....

Positve out of a negative

Positve out of a negative

Nice piece dude. Haven`t ya guys learned? Me new to EOG but old in wisdom. Find a guy who makes daily picks on these forums, wager AGAINST all he says, and meet me at the bank. Ps -It`s better to be lucky then good

Alexander Mundy

EOG Enthusiast
Bucs:

I?m one of the folks you describe who only really heard about you in the last few months, looked up your record, and decided to follow you this season.

I wasn?t around every day to get the picks, but I played probably 80%-90% of them until I stopped in June. I was down about 18 units at the time.

I didn?t stop because you were on a cold streak. (I don?t care about ?streaks;? I care about whether a person or system is likely to be a long term winner.) Frankly I stopped at that point because you announced that you were going to give the hecklers their way and give in to their simplistic suggestions. It didn?t sound at all like you were making changes because you were convinced of the merit of the suggestions, but just that you hoped giving in to them would shut them up.

I decided that while Bucs picks are likely still a long term winner, I?m not at all confident that a frustrated Bucs adjusting his picks in response to the random babbling of anonymous Internet hecklers is a long term winner. So I jumped off the bandwagon.

Anyway, so I did indeed follow you and lose, without having been along for the preceding big winning years. Am I upset about that, or feeling I?m owed an apology? Not in the slightest. I don?t feel I?ve been wronged by you or anyone else in any way, shape, or form. All you did was handicap to the best of your ability, post your picks, honestly state your record every day, and conduct yourself as a gentleman.

Heck, I think our winning or losing mattered more to you more than your winning or losing.

An apology is absolutely unnecessary, but the fact that you?d feel badly enough to offer one makes me respect you all the more.

Just keep putting the work in and doing your best. In the myriad of useless suggestions and criticisms you?ve gotten, there are probably a few that have at least some merit and are worth looking into. Not to turn you from a long term loser to a long term winner, but to turn you from a long term winner to a bigger long term winner.

In any case, I appreciate your posting your picks and trying to help us all make some money, and I hope that whether I?m following or not you have the greatest of success from this point forward.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Re: My APOLOGY to MLB Fans at EOG....

4 straight years finishing over +100 units in baseball I think everyone can forgive you for finally having a rough go of it.............

Of course, this was most likely a lie.

AFAIK, Bucsfan76 first posted MLB in theRx contest thread in 2003 where he was up around 4 units for around 1830 picks. So, in reality, he had two straight years of over +100u results (2004-5).

To finish the story, he never had another over +100u season. From the 2006 MLB season till his quitting posting last season at theRx, in MLB, he went 3486-3571, -119.1u (not even counting around 12 units of Matchbook commissions which he ignored for the first season).

Clearly a product of selective discovery.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Oops, "Bucsfan67" is what I meant. Also "selective discovery" means "discovery bias" by which cappers with bad first year records usually just quit, leaving only the ones with a successful first couple of seasons.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

bob this guy is as big a loser as there is........I had a personal "personal" run in with him, he's a liar and a scumbag but that is here not there. My question is how big of a sausage can you get down your gizzad.