My Interview with Herman Cain

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: My Interview with Herman Cain

Interesting candidate this fellow Cain....why the Republicans are dicking around and not going after Christie is beyond me...the only choice that could defeat Obama...

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Interesting candidate this fellow Cain....why the Republicans are dicking around and not going after Christie is beyond me...the only choice that could defeat Obama...
Are you kidding? Obama's poll numbers are in the toilet. No president has ever been reelected with such a terrible economy. The only thing Obama has going for him is that the news media wants him to win.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

The president, no matter who it is, dem or repub, has no control over the economy... not sure when people will realize this.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated

The president, no matter who it is, dem or repub, has no control over the economy... not sure when people will realize this.

You sound like an Obama Zombie. President Soetoro's absolute cluelessness has made the economy worse. A president can absolute destroy an economy with a little help from his friends in Congrees. Open your eyes.

A president that leads or can see past his nose would have stopped the out of control mortgage lending that sank the economy. Two unneccessary wars continue to drag the economy down.

You bet the president has control of the economy.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

I thought this Perry dude from Texas was all the rage right now for the Republicans?

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

The prez can do very little to effectively help the economy however he can do a lot to hurt it. Going after corporations with threats of higher taxes, healthcare ect can keep a business on the bubble from hiring anyone.

Obama should catch even more flak cause all the hype was that as soon as he was elected it all would turn around. You run on the basis that you will fix the economy when you get elected then you absolutely should be held accountable if it doesn't get better on your tenure.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

this corporate tax excuse is nonsense. Corporate tax rates are signigicantly lower than they were in '96 and the unemployment rate has doubled.

reminds of the same old trickle down garbage

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

So you think threatening to raise taxes, wanting to set limits on how much your CEO's make, possible healthcare cost, making it easier to sue if applicants don't get hired and a general anti business mind set is the way to spur job growth?

Better yet you think raises taxes on the big bad evil corporations will make one iota of difference in the deficit or regular people lives?

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

tax rates, health care, it doesnt matter. We cant compete with slave labor. Companies are hiring, just not Americans. They are the biggest traitors of all.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

DJ, what corporation do you run ? You remind of Joe the plumber... I'm going to call you DJ the ditch digger... nothing infuriates DJ the ditch digger more than Obama trying to close loopholes on a corporation DJ will never own, or run.

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I have owned and operated several successful business mainly nightclubs and a mobile DJ company so I understand how business works. Selling my club and my DJ company along with some luck in the music business is what enables me to move to Nevada and be retired at 36.

Business are around for one reason and one reason only to make money. The reason so many jobs go over seas is because of things like unions, higher taxes, healthcare laws. The reason that so much stuff that is made in America is so much more expensive is because of these things. If you raise the wages of everyone in America stuff will cost a lot more and offset any pay increase.

You can't tell a corporation that it pays wages too little, has to have more benefits and pay more taxes and the complain when it moves it's operation to somewhere where it doesn't have to deal with those issues.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

The whole Banking /Mortgage system in America is a FRAUD. This was the beginning of the the economic downturn. They gambled they lost... It will be another decade, before home prices across the US see the gains come back. Oh I know there are some places in the US where prices are increasing, but NOT overall.
The banks ..who are TOP HEAVY beyond belief; gambled and lost. There is no single item that drives the economy more than housing ! One has to have a place to live.

They are crooked to the n'th degree. WHY? Because they are "too big to fail". Oh and one more clue for you thAT MAY BE CLUELUSS, these souls are overwhelming REPUBLICAN.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Sim Cain? Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan
resembles the tax code in Sim City.

Amanda Terkel, a reporter for The Huffington Post, finds that Herman Cain's "9-9-9 Plan" looks a lot like the default tax structure in the computer game SimCity 4. She writes:

Long before Cain was running for president and getting attention for his 999 plan, the residents of SimCity 4 -- which was released in 2003 -- were living under a system where the default tax rate was 9 percent for commercial taxes, 9 percent for industrial taxes and 9 percent for residential taxes.
When asked about similarities between Cain's plan and SimCity's default tax rates, Cain campaign spokesman JD Gordon replied, "Well, we all like 9-9-9."

Cain's plan would replace the entire federal tax code--income taxes, payroll taxes, capital gains taxes, etc.--with three 9 percent taxes on consumption, business income and personal income.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/simcain-herman-cain-9-9-9-plan-resembles-202458219.html