My Monday blog

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
In line with JK's entertaining blog, interesting how the Halos were seriously considering trading
Ohtani, however, Moreno, the owner nixed the deal.

Because they have a chance?

No, some insiders claim with Trout and Rendon out, he wants people in the seats.

Moral of the story, it ain't about winning anymore folks.
With some teams, it really isn’t about winning, unless it’s at low salaries. Contending can be very expensive.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The worst thing the Angels could have done is trade Ohtani. I have no confidence that they could pull off a blockbuster to get the required return.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No bueno, I like it.

Spanish 101.

It's taking me a long time to grasp the Spanish language.

I've heard Spanish is spoken 125% faster than English.

Despacio, por favor.

Cardinals on fire and just swept the Yankees, Brewers can't beat the Pirtaes and Reds, no bueno

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Cubs v Reds set for Thursday night in the "Field of Dreams" game.

Face-value price for bench seats: $375.

That "bench seat" is not in the dugout, but rather refers to a seat without a back.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

That "bench seat" is not in the dugout, but rather refers to a seat without a back.
But your car won’t get broken into there.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
My sisters had their car stolen last week from their home in Calumet City, a south suburb of Chicago.

A 2016 Hyundai Elantra.

Police said a recent TikTok video explained to criminals how to steal Kias and Hyundais.

About 10-12 cars were stolen in the neighborhood.

Car was found about a mile from home.

Broken window, stripped steering column and some damage to the right front bumper.

Disgusting.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Seating capacity in Dyersville, Iowa is 8,000.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
My sisters had their car stolen last week from their home in Calumet City, a south suburb of Chicago.

A 2016 Hyundai Elantra.

Police said a recent TikTok video explained to criminals how to steal Kias and Hyundais.

About 10-12 cars were stolen in the neighborhood.

Car was found about a mile from home.

Broken window, stripped steering column and some damage to the right front bumper.

Disgusting.
Wow! Your sister still lives in Cal City. Can't be too many white people still living in that town.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
the return leave during singing of go cubs go.... its heard less often nowadays......walk to southport brownline station if you want......or enter addison redline staion from the north....use the northern-ish turnstiles...... go to the north end of the platform....everyone crowds the center and south end.......an 8 car train arrives......the door opens with very few people around... you board without issue.......take it to belmont ...transfer to brownline and you are out of there......by doing this you also beat the worst of the traffic on the Kennedy
Here is some detailed expert details about leaving Wrigley. Wish more people read this forum. That is some good stuff there. Not surprised that a guy named Blueline is an expert on traversing the city via the brown line and red line.

blueline

EOG Master
Here is some detailed expert details about leaving Wrigley. Wish more people read this forum. That is some good stuff there. Not surprised that a guy named Blueline is an expert on traversing the city via the brown line and red line.

not an expert...I only use the CTA to go to Wrigley and there are 2 scenarios where I use the blue line to Ohare