My Nigerians.....beat USA Olympic Team

Heim

EOG Master
Ok...only four days of practice. But I don't care what Pops says post game, should never happen.

Nigeria was +2500. 😏

MrTop

EOG Master
they are taking $ on a practice game is something. Just a tune up. I cannot see them losing when it counts.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
At Pinnacle, the ML on the USA vs Nigeria opened around -8100, got bet down to around -6300. With these International friendlies, I wouldn't touch a big favorite. :)

The whole idea of tuneups for these NBA stars is pretty funny. What are they going to do, implement some innovative new offensive and defensive system?

Erie Pigskins

EOG Enthusiast
I watched an old Dream Team game this past weekend. Amazing ball movement always finding the open guy. Ball movement is completely lacking in modern nba game and has been replaced by iso 1 on 5 sets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
this would be a year that the usa team should have said....see you in four years.

sounds like they want to start the next season in october.

no rest.

or send a college all star team.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The whole idea of tuneups for these NBA stars is pretty funny. What are they going to do, implement some innovative new offensive and defensive system?

The FIBA ball, court and international rules are different.

Slight adjustments needed there.

Of course, the 40-minute FIBA game, not the 48-minute NBA game, favors the underdog.

Some NBA players warm to the task.

International players understand the importance of an early lead and they also do a better job of stopping a fast break with an open-court foul on the floor.

The FIBA ball, court and international rules are different.

Slight adjustments needed there.

Of course, the 40-minute FIBA game, not the 48-minute NBA game, favors the underdog.

Some NBA players warm to the task.

International players understand the importance of an early lead and they also do a better job of stopping a fast break with an open-court foul on the floor.

I agree in a way, that's why I'm backing Argentina today as their players have a lot of experience in the more international game going against the Nigerians who just shot lights out in the upset. I know the NBA players need a few games to get up to speed, but the preliminary rounds in these events are comically easy to get by. They could use them to feel their way out of any changes and still be in tune by knockout rounds. That all being said, these "practice" events are all about one thing, getting USA Basketball paid.

Heim

EOG Master
Spain and Serbia are the next favs after U.S.

I look at their roster and lol at their chances to beat U.S.A.

With Giannis I would give Greece a shot, But he's not playing

I don't know about the other two brothers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Team USA lost another exhibition game.

Tonight, Australia pulled the upset as 17.5-point underdogs (DraftKings).

Final score: Aussies 91 Americans 83.

Team USA has now lost two straight exhibition games for the first time since pros starting playing in 1992.

Heim

EOG Master
AUS had 41 points in the paint.

Yikes! How long does it take to make Gobert a U.S. citizen?

US men just -400 to win gold, feels like a decent value to me. The guys coming over from the Finals will help out a lot, the players who are playing Vegas now needed a few games to get back into rhythm as most have been off for over a month. Yeah they have no size and won't play much D, but good luck outscoring them.

if u are stupid enoughj, you deserve to get it shoved up your ass
Isn't that what you enjoy Rail?

People making all this noise over exhibition games is funny. Funnier having Rail and a bunch of other idiot pundits say Pop can no longer coach when this is exactly what he does. He couldn't care less about winning exhibition or even regular season games if he thinks it gives him in an edge in the games that really count. He made a career out of intentionally losing games by sitting everyone and willingly taking a lower seed or even no home court edge but then winning in the playoffs. Coach K wanted to win every game and so they did, but Pop does not care.

railbird

EOG Master
kudos to nigerains and other african nations not get tattoos like the american scum in this country do. they havent been brainwashed by hip hop

"France — the team that knocked the Americans out of contention in the Basketball World Cup two years ago — dealt the U.S. a major blow once again. Evan Fournier's three-pointer with just under a minute left put France ahead to stay in what became a 83-76 win over the Americans on Sunday in the opening game for both teams at the Tokyo Olympics.

"... Going back to the World Cup in China two years ago, the Americans are 3-5 in their last eight games with NBA players in the lineup.

railbird

EOG Master
The crappy results continue but for how long
Isn't that what you enjoy Rail?

People making all this noise over exhibition games is funny. Funnier having Rail and a bunch of other idiot pundits say Pop can no longer coach when this is exactly what he does. He couldn't care less about winning exhibition or even regular season games if he thinks it gives him in an edge in the games that really count. He made a career out of intentionally losing games by sitting everyone and willingly taking a lower seed or even no home court edge but then winning in the playoffs. Coach K wanted to win every game and so they did, but Pop does not care.
pop never could coach, he hid behind talent. he is human scum, so is anybody who wants this team to succed. nice to see this fraud lose as 500 chalk today