My season-long Providence College CBB plays & writeups...

Thought I would make this thread as I follow this team religiously.

Providence Under 140.5 (1U)

You can get this line at 5Dimes as an Extra Game...

Gonna keep this writeup short. This Providence team should be much different from in years past. They will be very defense oriented, they are extremely long, and should have trouble scoring the ball at times. No idea how they came up with this total, but I don't see it even being close. Albany plays a very slow style (63 possessions per game the last two years), and under Will Brown, have traditionally been a defensive team. There zone should hurt PC, as PC lost close to 50% of there scoring with Bryce Cotton, Kadeem Batts, and Josh Fortune gone, including there two best perimeter players. Kris Dunn should step in and get them open looks right away, but not sure who is going to step up and be able to hit more then 35% of them.

On defense is where PC should really excel this year. If you look at there roster, there's only 3 scholarship players UNDER 6'5. They have the perfect length for a defense that Cooley wants to implement constant pressure. Dunn is very lanky and drives opposing PGs nuts... Not to mention, they have TWO 7 footers (Freshmen 7'2" Pascal Chukwuu should be a defensive beast downlow as the year goes on.) Lindsey should be the starting SG, and he is 6'7"!

I will have more in depth writeups in the future, but I'm in a rush and wanted to get this in before I leave.

By the end of the year, I would expect totals to be in the low 120s for PC so getting 140.5 against a notoriously slow offense is a gift.. too bad you can't bet more on it as it is just an extra game

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Re: My year long Providence College CBB plays & writeups...

Very dumb Q. Many years ago, did u have a "Providence-only" Coll Bask package?

I recall that some capper did have such a program (and did well on those plays over time).

Haha no. I sold cbb packages and MLB. It was a disaster even though I ended up +20 units.

I probably been posting write ups on pc games since 2005

Sleepy

EOG Master

All that work on a game with a $20 max bet:doh1

Sleepy

EOG Master

Well that was fun while it lasted

All that work on a game with a $20 max bet:doh1

$20??

I was able to get 200.

$100 once.. And then $100 again.

Why did they take it down? Weird

Sleepy

EOG Master

$20??

I was able to get 200.

$100 once.. And then $100 again.

Why did they take it down? Weird

I peppered them with $20 bets until they had enough

I got it down to 131 before they quit

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Providence leads Albany, 42-39, with less than 13 minutes left in the game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: My season-long Providence College CBB plays & writeups...

Providence won, 64-60.

Nicely done, BL.

Hope you made some money sleepy.

And thanks jk.

The offense is really gonna struggle for a whole adjusting to no Bryce cotton.

Defense looked good for the most part

Sides: 0-0
Totals: 1-0 (+1U)

Providence/Binghamton Under 134.5 (1 Unit)
Providence -21.5 (1 Unit)

PC's offense showed the kind of struggles they are going to have all year, vs. Albany. Only three players scored more then 4 points, and the shooting was atrocious: 40% overall, 30.8% from 3, and 50% from the line. They struggled all night to find shots, missed a ton of layups, and outside of Tyler Harris, had no outside threat at all. It might get a little easier vs. Binghamton to score, but as long as they play zone, there will be lapses of scoring.

PC's defense is where they really shined. Albany was very solid last year with TOs, and yet PC forced them into TOs on 18 possessions in a 65 possession game. PC's length is what drove Albany crazy, and now comes into the game tonight with no players above 6'9". Judging by the amount of turnovers Binghamton had vs. a ND defense that doesn't pressure as much as PC, Binghamton should be in big trouble for tonights game.

Gonna go with both the under and -21.5. 75-45 is a very realistic possibility.

Sleepy

EOG Master

Hope you made some money sleepy.

And thanks jk.

The offense is really gonna struggle for a whole adjusting to no Bryce cotton.

Defense looked good for the most part

made 120

Guessed binghamton's score exactly.

Bad beat on the spread as pc was up 29 with 5 mins left

66-45

2-0 on totals, 0-1 on sides

Binghamton finished the game on an 11-2 run over the final 6 minutes to cover by 0.5 point

brians

EOG Dedicated

Binghamton finished the game on an 11-2 run over the final 6 minutes to cover by 0.5 point

The practice squaders tried hard to put get that extra point.
PC will struggle from the field all year. I like the freshmen PG Cartwright and PF Bentil.

The practice squaders tried hard to put get that extra point.
PC will struggle from the field all year. I like the freshmen PG Cartwright and PF Bentil.

Yep..But it will help big time when Dunn's rust wears off. He's only played 15-20 games in his 2 years at PC... People are really expecting a breakout season from him, and he looked ALOT better last night then Saturday night.

Cartwright has been the surprise so far... Very late signing (I think May or June) and I don't think anyone expected him to be starting. All 4 freshmen have a ton of potential. Bentil is a huge body, and should be able to dominate the boards eventually. Chukwuu is 7'2" and some talents, but its gonna take time for him. Jalen Lindsay will probably end up being the best player of the class, and they could really use him to step up this year as a scorer.

brians

EOG Dedicated

Yep..But it will help big time when Dunn's rust wears off. He's only played 15-20 games in his 2 years at PC... People are really expecting a breakout season from him, and he looked ALOT better last night then Saturday night.

Cartwright has been the surprise so far... Very late signing (I think May or June) and I don't think anyone expected him to be starting. All 4 freshmen have a ton of potential. Bentil is a huge body, and should be able to dominate the boards eventually. Chukwuu is 7'2" and some talents, but its gonna take time for him. Jalen Lindsay will probably end up being the best player of the class, and they could really use him to step up this year as a scorer.

Dunn looks the part. Hope his injuries are behind him.
Cartwright just looks tough, reminds me more of a NYC PG than a west coast kid.
Bentil is big. Athletic too. Looked comfortable on the high post and explosive around the rim.
Chukwu is the reason why you lost the side. He let his man score on him 3-4 times in the final minutes of the game. He doesn't use his height or wing span effectively on defense (yet).
Don't know much about Lindsay ... didn't stick out at all last night.

Keep the PC analysis coming. Not an easy OOC schedule coming up ... FSU, ND, Kentucky, Yale, BC, UMass, Miami.

No time for write ups.. On my way to Mohegan for the game.

Providence +2 (2 Units)

A couple quick notes.., kris Dunn finally liked like the all american that he was supposed to be out of high school on Thursday. 12 pts, 14 assists and 7 rebounds in just 26 minutes. If he steps up to be the pg that people expect him to, pc could have a special season.

Pc looked great thurday vs navy, and 2nd half vs Binghamton on Monday. They are gelling after 3 bad halfs to start the year. They beat navy by 40.. The same team that only lose by 5 to Michigan state last week. Pc struggled on defense in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half, but Cooley called timeout.. Flipped out on them and dominated the rest of the way

Ben Bentil is going to be great and he has a surprisingly well polished game, including a couple 3 pointers on Thursday.

As for this game, I really give the edge to pc. Florida state struggles with turnovers, and that will be by far pc'a biggest strength this year. Even though its a neutral court, providence will have the most fans by far and it will be close to an hca in a small arena. Mohegan is about 45-50 mins from providence, and providence fans always travel well.

I thought pc would be a small favorite.. A little surprised at the line, but I will take it.

938four

EOG Dedicated

No time for write ups.. On my way to Mohegan for the game.

Providence +2 (2 Units)

A couple quick notes.., kris Dunn finally liked like the all american that he was supposed to be out of high school on Thursday. 12 pts, 14 assists and 7 rebounds in just 26 minutes. If he steps up to be the pg that people expect him to, pc could have a special season.

Pc looked great thurday vs navy, and 2nd half vs Binghamton on Monday. They are gelling after 3 bad halfs to start the year. They beat navy by 40.. The same team that only lose by 5 to Michigan state last week. Pc struggled on defense in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half, but Cooley called timeout.. Flipped out on them and dominated the rest of the way

Ben Bentil is going to be great and he has a surprisingly well polished game, including a couple 3 pointers on Thursday.

As for this game, I really give the edge to pc. Florida state struggles with turnovers, and that will be by far pc'a biggest strength this year. Even though its a neutral court, providence will have the most fans by far and it will be close to an hca in a small arena. Mohegan is about 45-50 mins from providence, and providence fans always travel well.

I thought pc would be a small favorite.. A little surprised at the line, but I will take it.[/QUOTE

good call $$ ty :cheers

Providence 80, Florida State 54.

This team looks GREAT.

Notre Dame tomorrow is a huge test.

slyone66

EOG Master

[TABLE="width: 100%"]

Nov 22 11:30 AM

CBB

STRAIGHT BET
[749] PROVIDENCE +110

[/TABLE]
Thanks Brian:cheers

Wow

This line is way off.

PROVIDENCE +4.5 (3 units)
Providence ML +175 (1 unit)

Anyone who watched the game yesterday saw how suffocating the pc defense is. Notre dame is really going to struggle. This line is 5 points off IMO. I have pc as a -1 point favorite.

nedrow9

EOG Master

fire up friers, never liked nd , sure miss the big east hate playing those schools down there ,fuk duke too

nedrow9

EOG Master

miss playing the true big east teams
pro
hall
sj
UConn
hated gtw

slyone66

EOG Master

[TABLE="class: linescore"]

[TD="class: period, align: center"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: period, align: center"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: total, align: center"]T[/TD]

[TD="class: team"]

PROV

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]39[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]36[/TD]
[TD="class: ts, align: center"]75[/TD]

[TD="class: team"]

ND

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]35[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]39[/TD]
[TD="class: ts, align: center"]74[/TD]

[/TABLE]

Nov 23 11:25 AM

CBB

STRAIGHT BET
[531] PROVIDENCE +4?-115

[/TABLE]

Nov 23 11:25 AM

CBB

STRAIGHT BET
[531] PROVIDENCE +160

[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: default_table history, width: 920"]

[TD="class: brd_lft gameDate"]Nov 23 11:41 AM
[/TD]
[TD="class: userPhone"]Internet[/TD]
[TD="class: datePlaced"]11/23/2014 10:21 AM[/TD]
[TD="class: sport"]
CBB
[/TD]
[TD="class: description"]

straight bet
[531] PROVIDENCE +4?-108

[/TD]

[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: default_table history, width: 920"]

[TD="class: brd_lft gameDate"]Nov 23 11:41 AM
[/TD]
[TD="class: userPhone"]Internet[/TD]
[TD="class: datePlaced"]11/23/2014 10:21 AM[/TD]
[TD="class: sport"]
CBB
[/TD]
[TD="class: description"]

straight bet
[531] PROVIDENCE +163

[/TD]

[/TABLE]
Thanks Brian your the Man:cheers

PC +4.5 and PC ML $$$$$

Totals: 2-0 (+2 Units)
Sides: 2-1 (+3.9 Units)
ML: 1-0 (+1.75 Units)

YTD: 5-1 (7.4 Units)

slyone66

EOG Master

keep em coming bud, thanks for the time to post and get this thread going.....

Yale +5.5 (1u)

Bad situation for pc.

Let down spot after pcs big win at Mohegan and look ahead spot with Kentucky on deck.

Dunn and Lindsey are both out.

As a pc fan, hope I'm wrong but yale could very easily pull the upset

railbird

EOG Master

I saw 6 overnight and am, was 4.5 after ras release then went back to 6 at tip. I buy 3 on all plays and middle the game, -2 and +9. I couldn't see a Prov team that woodshed fla st team by 40 lose to a middle road ivy.

Terpsfan26

EOG Senior Member

I saw 6 overnight and am, was 4.5 after ras release then went back to 6 at tip. I buy 3 on all plays and middle the game, -2 and +9. I couldn't see a Prov team that woodshed fla st team by 40 lose to a middle road ivy.
:doh1 As usual you get wooped by 20 when you post prior to game but of course you hit this game 3 ways. Sure:LMAO

brians

EOG Dedicated

Check-in BL ... trying to make sense of the line movement. Who bet the 2.5 up to 4.5 and who bet it back down to 2.5?

PC is more than 2.5 better than BC, but this game is always close it seems. PC (and the Big East in general) has owned the ACC this year. PC money line -140 might be the best play.

BC's half-court m2m defense is good ... Dunn must protect the ball!

railbird

EOG Master

not a good enough play to release my customers, but I did lay -140

I'm not betting it, but i don't see pc losing tonight. The early line movement made a ton of sense but the drop back to 2.5 doesn't make any sense, unless maybe someone knows something about Dunn that the rest of us don't.

Also keep in mind that bc has literally no hca. They drew 1700 for there last game, whereas pc has a big fanbase just 45 mins south. So you know what thag means? This is likely to be a pc-majority crowd. I will be going up there shortly and almost all pc fans that I know are doing the same. Really negates any kind of advantage that bc has, and in really don't think the line incorporates that.

brians

EOG Dedicated

not a good enough play to release my customers, but I did lay -140

I laid the 140 as well. This one could offer some good in-game opportunities. If PC gets ahead then I don't think BC will be able to shoot their way back into it.