My season-long Providence College CBB plays & writeups...

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: My season-long Providence College CBB plays & writeups...

I want to hammer this. Talking myself in and out left and right.

brians

EOG Dedicated

I'm not betting it, but i don't see pc losing tonight. The early line movement made a ton of sense but the drop back to 2.5 doesn't make any sense, unless maybe someone knows something about Dunn that the rest of us don't.

Also keep in mind that bc has literally no hca. They drew 1700 for there last game, whereas pc has a big fanbase just 45 mins south. So you know what thag means? This is likely to be a pc-majority crowd. I will be going up there shortly and almost all pc fans that I know are doing the same. Really negates any kind of advantage that bc has, and in really don't think the line incorporates that.

You don't think an old rival and a Friday night will get the Chestnut Hill gang out in force tonight? BC really is lame.

Hope Dunn plays under control. Henton should enjoy a little bit of space to work with after what Cauley-Stein did to him last weekend (though BC's m2m is good).

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Glad I bet small on this game. Providence looks mediocre. Coin flip action game. Woohoo.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Getting shit stomped to the curb by the worst team in the ACC who may go 1-17 in conference is gonna look awfully ugly for Providence when the tournament selection committee is sitting down to evaluate them. Very poor time for them as a team to suck a big old dick. Enjoy the NIT, Friars.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Jesus Fucking Christ. Please fire Ed Cooley. Season ending loss to Boston College. Enjoy the NIT you fucking monkey.

Please fire Ed Cooley? LMAO... He's brought in more top 100 recruits in 4 years then previous coaches have in 20+ years at PC.... He's a huge hometown hero, and is loved by a fanbase that usually hates all coaches. He's not going anywhere.

NIT? A ROAD loss to a major conference team does not put them in the ACC. Look how good the win over ND looks now, as well as the thrashing of FSU and even the tough win over Yale, who beat UConn tonight. Its a long season and an early December loss on the road to a rival is not gonna automatically put them out of the NCAAs.

As for the game... It was a horrible offensive performance. A few 3s went in and out at key points in the 2nd half that could have changed the game (Henton 3 when down 5 and Lindsey 3 when down 6), but losses like this happen to young teams on the road. They regularly play 4 freshmen, and a guard- albeit a very very good guard-- who has only played 20 games in the previous 2 years due to injuries. I didn't bet the game becuase of the situation, but it will be interesting to see how they bounce back on Monday vs. Brown and Wednesday vs URI

Heim

EOG Master

I'm not betting it, but i don't see pc losing tonight. The early line movement made a ton of sense but the drop back to 2.5 doesn't make any sense, unless maybe someone knows something about Dunn that the rest of us don't.

Also keep in mind that bc has literally no hca. They drew 1700 for there last game, whereas pc has a big fanbase just 45 mins south. So you know what thag means? This is likely to be a pc-majority crowd. I will be going up there shortly and almost all pc fans that I know are doing the same. Really negates any kind of advantage that bc has, and in really don't think the line incorporates that.

LOL

HCA = Fans

LOL

HCA = Fans

Are you saying that Conte Forum is a big HCA for BC?

When fans don't support the team, I think it really negates any HCA.

They lost 8 games at home last year.. Maybe thats cause they just had a shitty team.

BUT WAIT.. What about that 1-10 ATS record at home last year. That was impressive. The HCA wasn't overvalued in those games, right?

What makes home court so crucial in college basketball is the atmosphere, and the direct effects of how much it elevates the home team, and deflates the road teams play.

When fans stop showing up, as they did last year for BC, the home court advantage can actually become a disadvantage due to the mental effect it has on the home team. What games would you be more likely to be pumped up about? A packed gym in front of 10,000 cheering fans, or a gym that is just 20% full in front of a crowd who couldn't give a shit.

PC's fanbase was much louder then BC's tonight, and the student section at BC was only half full if that. IF anything, this is was a huge advantage for PC. But they couldn't hit shots and a young team made dumb mistakes on the road.

BC did NOT win this game because of any HCA. They won because PC played like shit as a team, and they were able to capitalize off bad mistakes.

rayray

EOG Dedicated

laverty, hca also factors in how away teams compete on the road... i bet provi tonight, but i bet them because i have them a bit overvalued on the road and i had bc a bit undervalued at home... perhaps, provi simply played like shit and bc overachieved... who knows, but i do know that tonights game will effect lines for future away games for provi and home games for bc .. how much, dunno yet, but im working on an answer:cheers

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

As for whether Providence lands in the NIT... this game will be CRUCIAL to deciding that. There's no doubt about that. Sub 100 losses are seen as bad losses always. BC will be there at the end of the season for damn sure. Look at Providence's likely record? Kenpom projections aren't perfect yet, but before tonight, Providence was projected to go 20-11 with a win against BC... that projection is now 19-12 with a loss to BC. 19-12 with a loss to BC doesn't get you in.

We'll see about how well Providence does in conference, but this loss could be what keeps them out. 100-200 ranked teams on the road are always a tough out. If you lose, it's a bad loss, but it also won't be an easy win.

In fact, want an example? Illinois went 19-14 last year and made the NIT... I'd say the defining loss for why they were in the NIT was a loss on the road at #100-150 range Northwestern. Win that game, they're 20-13 and without a bad loss and they're in the real tournament.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

laverty, hca also factors in how away teams compete on the road... i bet provi tonight, but i bet them because i have them a bit overvalued on the road and i had bc a bit undervalued at home... perhaps, provi simply played like shit and bc overachieved... who knows, but i do know that tonights game will effect lines for future away games for provi and home games for bc .. how much, dunno yet, but im working on an answer:cheers

I checked rayray's previous posts and though I don't care for his sometimes confrontational style, I like his gambling content.

Providence ML -145 (2 Units)

This line is available at YouWager... and in what should be a close game, I will take the ML over the -2.5 and -3.

First of all, the way PC has looked the last two games has been horrible. On Friday, they were never really into it emotionally vs. BC, and BC jumped on them and never let PC take control of the game. You could tell from the body languages that the game meant alot more to Boston College then PC, who seemed like they thought they could just walk into Conte Forum and win with ease. It was also a big let down spot after the bad 2nd half vs. Kentucky just 4 days earlier. I'm surprised the way they came out and played, but they are a young team and I think they bought into there own hype. Then comes Monday vs Brown, and I feel like this was the classic look ahead spot to the big rivalry vs. URI just 46 hours later. PC played with no heart, in front of a crowd of only 4000 due to the shitty 9pm start (who wants to go to a 9pm game to watch PC/Brown?!) and Brown just plain wanted it more. Alot of the team sleepwalked through the game, and they again looked like a team that thought they could just beat Brown without showing up. It could be a season changing loss for them as it will really hurt the RPI if they are in the bubble come March.

But getting past that, this is a game that Cooley's team has always been prepared for since he got the job over 4 years ago. While some coaches see PC/URI as just another game, Cooley grew up in Providence and knows how much it means to the state. He has came up with a great gameplan every year for this game, espeically on the defensive end where URI has managed the following PPP the last 4 years: 0.98, 0.85, 0.78, 0.90. He has won by an average of 12 points per game, and have played especially well at home: 87-74 in 2010 as 4 point favorites, and 72-57 in 2012 as 7.5 point favorites. In a rivalry game like this, Cooley shines and gets his team incredibly ready for it. I expect a very similar outing tonight. BTW... This is the first time in a very long time that both teams have NCAA aspirations, and the rivalry really heated up last year when Hurley and Cooley almost got into a fight in the 2nd half at the half court line.

While I don't see a PC blowout like the last two times theyve played at Proviidence, I do see PC winning in a close one. The game is sold out ,and it will be about 80% PC fans... should be a great atmosphere and I recommend anyone who's a fan of CBB to watch it. Wouldn't surprise if the game gets very physical after what happened last year with the two coaches.

slyone66

EOG Master

[TABLE="class: line_table, width: 920"]

[TD="class: brd_lft"]

Dec 10[/TD]

523RHODE ISLAND

[TD="class: lines, align: right"]
+3-108[/TD]
[TD="class: lines, align: right"][/TD]
+135[/TD]

[TD="class: brd_lft"]4:00 PM[/TD]

524PROVIDENCE

-3-108[/TD]
[TD="class: lines, align: right"][/TD]
-155[/TD]

[/TABLE]

slyone66

EOG Master

thanks Brian was just bumping this thread when you showed up... GL tonight:cheers

Scratch

EOG Veteran

what is max and min unit bets please? Is there an updated win/loss and/or units record I missed?

Providence $$$$

Totals: 2-0 (+2 Units)
Sides: 2-1 (+3.9 Units)
ML: 2-0 (+3.75 Units)

YTD: 6-1 (9.4 Units)

Next up: Stony Brook on Saturday. Probably won't be a line on it.

If you're making so much money, why the ffff does it take you (AGAIN) weeks to pay off a debt (to Moldy)?

Anyone following this guy and his plays (congrats on the early start) is following a guy who probably doesn't bet his own shit. And if he does, he loses his ass everywhere else because he can't pay debts in a timely manner. AGAIN.

If you're making so much money, why the ffff does it take you (AGAIN) weeks to pay off a debt (to Moldy)?

Anyone following this guy and his plays (congrats on the early start) is following a guy who probably doesn't bet his own shit. And if he does, he loses his ass everywhere else because he can't pay debts in a timely manner. AGAIN.

hahaha.

I post screenshots all the time on my twitter of these bets.

It takes weeks cause he wanted to use a method that I don't have any $$ at (5Dimes) cause I can't seem to win there.

I offered to pay him several different ways as he will even admit to, but for whatever reason, moldy didn't want any method EXCEPT 5Dimes.

I actually initiated a transfer with Bookmaker to his account tonight... So please shut the fuck up, and do what you do best: Pick losers.

BTW... where did I post anywhere in here about any amount of money wagered? LMAO. You are such a fuckin loser.

slyone66

EOG Master

insight timely, play or fade on providence nothing more....

Exactly. He tries to muck up all threads with this nonsense. Can't stand that there are other people that know CBB more then his insecure ass.

Exactly. He tries to muck up all threads with this nonsense. Can't stand that there are other people that know CBB more then his insecure ass.

I can't stand people who scam and steal and ask for money on gambling forums. Can't stand guys like you who always have an excuse but never a solution. I've followed the dilemma. Moldy has been asking you for weeks for his money and he gave you more than one option to pay. You've been giving the guy the run around forever.

Fact is every time you owe money there's a problem. Fact is, you've used these forums to beg people for money.

Also, what losers have I posted. I posted 6 plays in a play thread this year and went 5-1.... Funny looking losers. If you're talking nba, carry on. I'm as good at betting the nba as you are at paying your debts. Broke dick.

Fair enough sly. I've just seen moldy post asking for his money 10 times on the board the past month and watching this guy continue to gamble while giving a guy he owes the run around just irks me. And I don't even like Moldy lol

slyone66

EOG Master

know nothing about the moldy delima bud, just looking for insight moldy does seem to be the topic of convo in a lot of threads though... whats really going on with that, just saying from my boy TTP......

slyone66

EOG Master

Brian thanks for the winner yesterday, love the write ups... :cheers

Brian thanks for the winner yesterday, love the write ups... :cheers

No problem sly. There are two things I know in gambling: Totals in college hoops, and PC basketball. If I just stuck to those two topics, I'd be a rich man.

Timely... do you want to see the endless amount of emails I have gone back and forth with moldy?

I was even in NYC a month or two ago, and offered to meet with him face to face to get him the cash. He didn't want any part of it.
I offered moneygram... I offered western union.. I offered Betonline... I offered Heritage. I offered Venmo.

He only wants 5Dimes (which I don't have much of), and Paypal (which I dont have an account with). I just found out this week that he has Bookmaker, so I sent BM an email tonight and he should have the $ by tomorrow.

Takes 30 seconds to set up a PayPal account. Why would someone want to meet you? I wouldn't take western union or money gram either.

Had Paypal.. got shut down for running a survivor pool and dumbasses mentioning in the notes.

Anyway... what happens between moldy and I, is between moldy and I.

IF someone owed you money, you wouldn't meet with them and deal in cash? Much easier obviously. You must not get out much because 90% of my dealings are face to face with cash involved as it should be.

Do you have 5Dimes or Paypal timely?

I can send you bitcoin and you can just do the transfer to moldy if you care so much about the situation. Give me an address to send to, and I'll do it right away.

If you want to help him, then help him and I'll send you bitcoin right away.... Otherwise, shut the fuck up and stay out of it.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

If it's not late I would prefer if u can transfer from bookmaker to 5dimed and send to my 5d account would really love that

rayray

EOG Dedicated

Providence $$$$

Totals: 2-0 (+2 Units)
Sides: 2-1 (+3.9 Units)
ML: 2-0 (+3.75 Units)

YTD: 6-1 (9.4 Units)

Next up: Stony Brook on Saturday. Probably won't be a line on it.

lolz...why wouldnt there be a line? they play in the american east... im not sure you are able to do more than throw guesses at these games when obviously dont have a clue about anyone they play... goodluck

ps. sorry john k. ... sometimes if you throw some tough love at the idiots, they will take a second to rethink their flawed logic... some of them might win a few games

Wow, talk about exposing your own self.

You do realize that the America East is not a lined conference right?

Lmao. I love when people like yourself talk shit but don't even know something so simple.

The only way a game involving an America east team is lined is if it'sً nationally broadcasted

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

hahaha.

I post screenshots all the time on my twitter of these bets.

It takes weeks cause he wanted to use a method that I don't have any $$ at (5Dimes) cause I can't seem to win there.

I offered to pay him several different ways as he will even admit to, but for whatever reason, moldy didn't want any method EXCEPT 5Dimes.

I actually initiated a transfer with Bookmaker to his account tonight... So please shut the fuck up, and do what you do best: Pick losers.

BTW... where did I post anywhere in here about any amount of money wagered? LMAO. You are such a fuckin loser.

I actually initiated a transfer with Bookmaker to his account tonight

let me know whats the hold up! i dont see anything

lolz...why wouldnt there be a line? they play in the american east... im not sure you are able to do more than throw guesses at these games when obviously dont have a clue about anyone they play... goodluck

ps. sorry john k. ... sometimes if you throw some tough love at the idiots, they will take a second to rethink their flawed logic... some of them might win a few games

No line on the PC/Stony Brook game.

Surprise, surprise. You are the one that doesn't have a fuckin clue.

GusGreenbaum

EOG Dedicated

Moldy, Laverty has likely sent your funds overseas to an Islamic terrorist group's charitable front.

I actually initiated a transfer with Bookmaker to his account tonight

let me know whats the hold up! i dont see anything

Bookmaker said I have to finish my rollover.

Can you accept BitCoins? Give me an address to send you it and ill do it now.

Bookmaker said I have to finish my rollover.

Can you accept BitCoins? Give me an address to send you it and ill do it now.

Weird. Another complication. :doh1

Fuckin' bitcoins... you either need to meet Laverty in person or accept a volatile cryptocurrency for payment. :shoot: