N. IOWA at BRADLEY

pool

EOG Senior Member
Two weeks ago when UNI and Bradley met at the McLeod Center, the Panthers rallied from a 10-point second-half deficit to defeat the Braves, 66-61. All the stats in that game were pretty even except for one and it stuck out like a sore thumb. UNI went 18-23 from the FT line while Bradley went 6-7. I don't think that UNI will have that advantage in this game. UNI now owns a 3 game lead over Bradley, Creighton, and Illinois St. who are all tied for second at 7-4. I have been all over UNI during this winning streak but with them having a three game cushion, I just think this is a bad spot for them. Bradley has been pretty good at home this year with only 1 conference loss to Creighton. They need this one much more than UNI does. Now the question is how to bet the game. I don't like Bradley to win big so this could end up being a close game at the end and I don't want to win the game and lose the bet. I could bet Bradley ML -135 or a 2 team ML parlay at -101.

I'm going to take BYU in the ML parlay. I don't usually take road teams when I do this but I just can't see Air Force winning this game, even at home.

2 team ML parlay. Risk 4.04 units to win 4 units.

BYU -700
BRADLEY -135

benny0420

EOG Dedicated
Re: N. IOWA at BRADLEY

My NCAA play of the day in xbaggypants thread. You should post there too.

Good Luck on Yor action:thumbsup

Unassail08

EOG Veteran

I think Northern Iowa will win the game.

They have played well throughout the entire conference play so far.

I don't think they will let themselves fall behind so quickly as they did last time vs. Bradley.

Good luck Pool. I am afraid to bet against N.Iowa but I agree it is time to fade them or nothing til they at least lose one straight up. Almost certain your safe with the BYU side.

pool

EOG Senior Member

I think Northern Iowa will win the game.

They have played well throughout the entire conference play so far.

I don't think they will let themselves fall behind so quickly as they did last time vs. Bradley.

I don't think they'll score 12 more FT than Bradley in this one.

pool

EOG Senior Member

Bradley had this game well in hand up 8 with 3:58 left on the clock. Then UNI proceded to hit 5 three point shots down the strech, the last one breaking a 58-58 tie with 5.4 sec. left in the game. Prior to that ending three point barrage UNI had only attempted 10 field goals the second half. After leading for most of the second half this is a game that Bradley just let slip away. I still feel that Bradley was the right side in this one but you have to give UNI credit. They did what teams have to do to win championships.

Illini

EOG Senior Member

Went the game. Bradley was definitely the right side. But wow. That run by UNI was magic. I'm still in shock.

Missed 3 ball by Bradley while up 8 would have put the game away at the 3:00 minute mark, and then UNI came right down and hit the first of 5 threes. Don't think they missed one either. It was poor defense......they were wide open looks. And Bradley's coach played not to lose, holding the ball for the entire 35 and not getting good shots the last 4-5 possessions. Terrible choke job by the coach, actually.

pool

EOG Senior Member

Went the game. Bradley was definitely the right side. But wow. That run by UNI was magic. I'm still in shock.

Missed 3 ball by Bradley while up 8 would have put the game away at the 3:00 minute mark, and then UNI came right down and hit the first of 5 threes. Don't think they missed one either. It was poor defense......they were wide open looks. And Bradley's coach played not to lose, holding the ball for the entire 35 and not getting good shots the last 4-5 possessions. Terrible choke job by the coach, actually.

I hate it when teams try and kill the whole shot clock. The good teams will run time off the clock but still give themselves enough time to get a good shot.

Illini

EOG Senior Member

I hate it when teams try and kill the whole shot clock. The good teams will run time off the clock but still give themselves enough time to get a good shot.
Good shots were hard to come by in this game for Bradley. They had no business running clock. And they ran clock even after UNI tied it.

Why the hell would you run clock with the game tied and a 13 second differential? I mean, they were in stall mode. It was hilarious, actually. Jim Les and terrible defense down the stretch lost this game.

Good pick, pool. Sorry they couldn't close it out for you.

pool

EOG Senior Member

Well, I am happy to have gotten very fortunate, if not very square-like.

Having N. Iowa in this game wasn't square-like. I knew this game was most likely going to come down to the last couple of minutes. Normally in a game that I think will be decided in the last couple of minutes I take the points or just lay off of. However I thought that this was just a very good spot for Bradley to pick up a win at home. I was right about the difference in FT as Bradley went 16-19 and UNI went 12-14. As bad as Illini said that Bradley played down the streach the other team still has to take advantage of the opportunities that they are given. That's the difference in good teams and championship teams. This is one of those games where I feel like I had the game capped right but things just happened that you can't forsee like the three point barrage at the end. In their previous game at Indiana St. they wet 1-11 11.1% from three. I'll just tip my hat to UNI and move on to todays game.