NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch for Pocono

Kurt Busch has been suspended from this weekend's activities at Pocono Raceway by NASCAR as a result of his actions following the Nationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway this past Saturday.Busch was already on probation because of a run-in with Ryan Newman's crew following the May 12 Sprint Cup event at Darlington Raceway. Following his fourth-place finish in Saturday's Nationwide race, Busch was asked about racing while on probation, and proceeded to verbally berate reporter Bob Pockrass of The Sporting News, who posed the question."It refrains me from not beating the s--- out of you right now because you ask me stupid questions," Busch said in a video posted by Speed Channel. "But since I'm on probation, I suppose that's improper to say as well." ....

http://www.nascar.com/news/120604/kbusch-suspended-for-pocono/index.html

Re: NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch for Pocono

UPDATE 2: [#51 car owner James] Finch told ESPN.com he would meet with Busch over the next couple of days to discuss whether they would keep the handshake agreement they made before the season. He didn't sound like a man convinced the arrangement could or would work. "If he's going to kill himself, I'm not going to be in the airplane with him," Finch said by phone. "If that's what he's planning on doing, I am going to get out." Finch made it clear after Busch was released by Penske Racing following a profanity-laced tirade against ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch at Homestead-Miami Speedway last November that if Busch embarrassed him like he did Roger Penske "he would have gotten his ass beat on pit road. He needs to simmer down a while," Finch told ESPN.com in December. "There are a lot of people that don't like Kurt. He's never done anything to me personally. He just needs to look in the mirror and see what the problem is." Now Busch has done something to Finch personally, even though the incident came while Busch was driving a Kyle Busch Motorsports Nationwide car for his little brother. Finch made it clear there are several qualified drivers to take over Phoenix Racing's #51 Chevy.(ESPN)(6-4-2012)