NBA Draft Discussion thread..

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: NBA Draft Discussion thread..

u being a west coast guy, what do u think about russell going this high? was he scheduled to be taken in top 5? i havent watched alot of the hoopla surrounding the draft

Apple

Banned

I think Memphis should of picked someone else.. Kevin Love is going to be an average player..

Apple

Banned

u being a west coast guy, what do u think about russell going this high? was he scheduled to be taken in top 5? i havent watched alot of the hoopla surrounding the draft

I think Russell Westbrook will be an All Star in about 3 years.. It's going to take some time with him, he's got to improve on his jump shot..

Skys the limit..

5 star bomb

EOG Master

not sure about rookie season but I think he will be almost identical to Ben Gordan which isnt bad at all...

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

hope whats his face turns out good for the knicks they need some good news.

WVU

EOG Master

What do you guys think of Milwaukee's pick? Sentenced to mediocrity I tell ya

Eric Gordon,

hmm.. What do you guys think?

he is great when he is hitting...but you can tell he has a lot to learn w/ his ball handling skills and not disappearing in games...he dominated against the smaller non conference teams but seemed to struggle a lot against a tougher big 10 defense frequently rushing shots and playing very immature...he is def a project player IMO

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Love Indiana's pick.. Bayless is going to be really good

I think it was an awful pick unless they are making a trade. Why get rid of Oneil and bring in a point guard Ford, plus you already have a point guard in Tinsley, and now another point guard?

Apple

Banned

Brandon Rush going to Portland.. That team has a lot of young talent, defnitely a team to watch out for next season..

Apple

Banned

I think it was an awful pick unless they are making a trade. Why get rid of Oneil and bring in a point guard Ford, plus you already have a point guard in Tinsley, and now another point guard?

Guess they picked the best player over needs.. Who knows maybe they will offer Tinsley in a trade or play small in certain sections of the game..

You make a good point though I forgot about Tinsley..

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

One thing for certain. Philly will not take Author. Never do they take the guy i want. The only chance i have is that they have a new GM.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Guess they picked the best player over needs.. Who knows maybe they will offer Tinsley in a trade or play small in certain sections of the game..

You make a good point though I forgot about Tinsley..

they have to do something or this was ridiculous in my opinion. I can see Tinsley seeing the door. Then it makes a little more sense

bird HATES tinsley and williams

Bird said he has had "enough" of forward Shawne Williams, and they will trade him if they can get something in return. Williams is on "very thin ice" if they can't find a taker for him, Bird said.
When asked about point guard Jamaal Tinsley, whose future with the franchise is just about sealed, Bird responded, "He's just right below (Williams)."

the additions of ford and bayless will be a good new beginning

Quebb,

your thoughts on Mayo?

pretty much what all the anaylists are saying...most ready guard in the draft...has great size, a great shot, isnt selfish, and solid defense...he is one of those PTP'ers though...i think mo brought it up a long time ago...he shows up when the lights are on and hes going against the best

Apple

Banned

pretty much what all the anaylists are saying...most ready guard in the draft...has great size, a great shot, isnt selfish, and solid defense...he is one of those PTP'ers though...i think mo brought it up a long time ago...he shows up when the lights are on and hes going against the best

I think he's going to be a flop myself.. Turnover machine that is not comfortable playing the 1 and will struggle playing 2 against taller bigger players with wingspans he's not accustomed too..

I think he's going to be a flop myself.. Turnover machine that is not comfortable playing the 1 and will struggle playing 2 against taller bigger players with wingspans he's not accustomed too..

from what i saw this year he wasnt that sloppy w/ the ball...he is by no means going to live up to the comparison as the next lebron but out of all the 1's selected he is the tallest (rose, westbrook, gordon, bayless) and doesnt shoot it up like crazy...i dont think hell be a MVP or anything like that but hell be a solid all around player on both sides of the ball

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Honestly im not to big on Mayo either or the guard from Indy Gordan.

looks like larry bird got what he wanted this year in the first round...wanted a good point and a big man...in the morning he was eye'ing augustine and hibbert but ended up w/ bayless and hibbert...

Apple

Banned

I don't know what kind of player Hibbert will be in the NBA.. What do you guys think?

Apple

Banned

I was going to laugh if Phoenix picked up Hibbert, I was sorta hoping they would just to see how he would do there.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Every year Larry Brown coached Philly he drafted stiff after stiff. We needed a point guard and shooter badly but it was always a stiff. Now this fuk with his first pick takes a pointguard and watch him take Author and i will break my keyboard.

Apple

Banned

Every year Larry Brown coached Philly he drafted stiff after stiff. We needed a point guard and shooter badly but it was always a stiff. Now this fuk with his first pick takes a pointguard and watch him take Author and i will break my keyboard.

Speights will be average at best IMO.. 6-8ppg 3-4rebs