NBA Finals Officiating

Heim

EOG Master
It's so bad that Booker fouled himself out going to the bench realizing the call wasn't on him....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I completely understand what happened

Even n HS where we have no scoreboard to look at and see how many fouls a kid has (with very few exceptions) we kinda/sorta know how many fouls a kid has in relation to 5 and fouling out. We will get together and talk and just say we know someone has 4 fouls. We will say make the last one a good one - to foul him out. We will let him get away with a foul we would have called in 1Q when he had 0-1 fouls. If the kid commits a "felony" we have no choice but to call it. If he commits a "misdemeanor" we will try not to call it.

If the kid is a knucklehead and keeps "putting a gun to our heads" we have no choice. We will get together and I might say something like, "#32 (or whatever his number is) just doesn't get it. We've given him ample opportunity to stay in the game. No more. Next time call it and get rid of the idiot." Next time he commits a foul t is getting called and he is gone.

I have had many coaches say to me, "You fouled out my best player." My reply is, "No, I did not. He fouled himself out. I just called them." I have NEVER fouled a kid out of a game. The kid fouled him/herself out of the game. Not me. I just called what the entire gym saw and I had to call it.

Heim

EOG Master
Everyone that follows the NBA knows they won't foul out a star player unless it's blatant...

Last night was a transparent black eye for league officiating.

To have a mugging in open court on Holiday and no call clearly indicates
two set of rules for players. If that was Craig or Payne it's a foul.

Had Greek not been there for the follow-up, it changes the complexion of the game.

Last edited:

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Adam Silver dodged a bullet. If Phoenix wins that game, he would've had some explaining to do. Just horrible officiating in the last 5 minutes of the game. Not sure how many fouls Booker needs to commit on one play to call it?