NBA for opening week

ATX

Re: NBA for opening week

Nice call on the Clips X, if they were all that easy.

it's rare for the Clippers to put 2 solid games together consecutively. 3? I thought it should be more like Charlotte -3.5 min. I had Milwaukee being favored...such a drastic difference had to hit it hard. I had Phx a little above what it landed, it's hard to put a ton on PHX unders. looking ahead that looks like the end to fairly long string of really bad numbers. No way should Toronto be favored on the road, but not sure how sure I can be about Min with that big injury. I like the SA/NJ over, but I need to look at it some more, and SA overs are dicey to begin with. I think Dallas goes over, but need to look at it some more. back to the grind.

ATX

Atlanta -8 for .8%
had to step out and lost all the 7's but at 8/8' still ok.

ATX

hoping to regain the 5 for NY. doubtful. Knicks have played the best 3 and 4 of the top 7 in consecutive games.

Minnesota +3 for .8%
discounted for previous meetings, and the injury. teams generally cover in the first game with an injury, but Twolves don't exactly have a lot of depth to cover the need. Same at 2.5, only one 3 left that I see.

ATX

OKC 1st quarter +4 for .8%
ML +280 for .3%
Lakers are terrible defenders of the 1st. Expect a bit of a letdown after road trip glory. Not sure if they will try to work Lizard King Morrison into the rotation, but if they do maybe a plus. OKC shot 55% last game so I'm opting this against full game. I think we might be getting a full bucket on this, but not too sure b/c OKC is a ?

ATX

sick run. tread lightly. things have a way of evening out.

for Wednesday:

Memphis +12 for 1.3%
for the last 10 years or so I have looked to fade the 6'ers as favorites. This line should be within double digits. Memphis is bad but Philly rarely covers this line.

ATX

stay positive x, you are good dude...

I tend to get conservative on winning streaks, and since the poker break I'm up a staggering amount. I keep records of winning streaks with the expected probability of the next day's expected outcome, and it's computed vs. the margin of victory versus the spread. The good news is that I'm not really catching anything but bad breaks (OT) during this streak, the numbers that have cashed haven't been very close. The narrower the margin the more likely things change to the worse. Typically what happens is the margin of victory begins to narrow usually before the L's come back my way.

Houston under 213 for about 1.1%
but it's possible it moves a little the other way, but most likely not.

ATX

NY/LAC under 219
I'm going to think about this some more, but Clippers have gone over this at home but once in November. This is the last game before the break for both. With the Knicks there's always the possibility of 270, but I'm thinking tired legs for this jump shooting team. They shot nearly 55% at state. If the LAC can be counted on for just one of their patented 9 point quarters with a total this high...then again, LAC generally focuses on teams they can beat, and this is one of them. Previous meetings point very firmly to the under here. I love taking the points when the Clippers are favored but with NY on B2B 3rd in 4 and after shooting nearly 55% no way to back the Knicks here.

ATX

big lean to Charlotte under, but need to sleep on it.
small lean to Utah/LA under, not sure how much is really there.
Phoenix looks to have a great number, but tough spot after Cavs 2xL.
Years past I fade Denver on the road, but they look to be putting something together, line is begging for Nugget action.
Hard to favor Charlotte by a TD over much of anyone.
SA total looks jokingly low amidst current form, last 6 Spurs have gone over and most not even close. No way they get remotely even action on that total. Just a suspicion that the total will dip a little.

ATX

Memphis +12 for 1.3%
for the last 10 years or so I have looked to fade the 6'ers as favorites. This line should be within double digits. Memphis is bad but Philly rarely covers this line.

Memphis ML +600 for .3%

ATX

Jazz +3 for .8%
end of Laker run? maybe. good number to middle with? maybe.

ATX

Phx +8 for 1.1%
Lebron goes for 47, rest of team shoots like 35%, 3rd in 4, team has to be disheartened, Phx has played them well.

ATX

on a hunch, I'm biding time before taking SA over 189 for 1.1%
I'm thinking it's possible this total goes down a little, and if it does I doubt it stays there long. Same amount at 188, very unlikely to get below 187.5

ATX

Phoenix
G
Steve Nash
back
"?"
is "?" Wednesday vs Cleveland

Phx +8 for 1.1%
Lebron goes for 47, rest of team shoots like 35%, 3rd in 4, team has to be disheartened, Phx has played them well.

bought back with Cleveland -8, some at -8.5, Nash must play for any possibility of backing PHX. Hopefully the Suns are just playing games with the Cavs lack of depth at guard.

ATX

Portland/OKC: OKC sure looks like the right side. couple problems...OKC on B2B, 3rd in 4, and Portland with 2 days rest and 3x revenge. 13 and 14 are somewhat key numbers for Portlands MOV. OKC recent performance looks good on paper but lacks strength. I still think OKC covers and this goes under, but no reason to chase marginal numbers when they let me play 2nd halves.

ATL/DET: was close to pulling the trigger with 4 Hawks. Public is backing Atlanta. Backing a public dog on an opener of +2.5 is not a winning proposition.

Denver/Orlando: similar scenario to Atlanta. Orlando is what the LVSC feels is the right side. This number seems about right. With these two teams and a total this high it is somewhat likely something will open up at the half.

Houston/Sac under 213 for .8%
decided not to put 1.1% b/c Sac is too unpredictable and not sure how much Rox slow down, or if they show up early.

seems like public is pretty heavy on phenoix and line is moving the other way... i think lebron and the cavs bounce back huge tonight at home...

:cheers

ATX

seems like public is pretty heavy on phenoix and line is moving the other way... i think lebron and the cavs bounce back huge tonight at home...

:cheers

the public is on Cleveland fairly heavy. the line move is most likely reaction to status of Nash. I'm hearing he may be out. He also didn't sound great on the Patrick show today. A little confusing, but I bought back on Cleveland, just going to vig out b/c if Nash is out or is a small factor PHX really struggles. Every time he has been out I've made a ton off fading Phx and taking the under. I was going to take the under, but I think I'll wait and see what's going on at the half.

ATX

ATL under 190 for .5%
weighted 4 point middle oppurtunity, I'll take it, was hoping for 3.

ATX

very hectic, confusing day today, but break time is near.
as in poker you have to make moves based on the best available information at the given time and I don't usually go back and forth but info on Paul and Nash is worth more than the initial line move.

Memphis +12 for 1.3%
Memphis ML +600 for .3%
Jazz +3 for .8%
Milwaukee -4 for .8%

ATL over 186 for 1.3%
ATL under 190 for .5%
weighted 4 point middle oppurtunity, I'll take it, was hoping for 3.
<!-- / message --><!-- controls --> http://www.offshoregamblersdigest.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=400884
Phx +8 for 1.1%
Cleveland -8, some at -8.5 for 1.1% have to eat the juice and hope for no 8

LAC under 221 for .8%
SA over 189 for 1.1%
Houston/Sac under 213 for .8%

Boston -7 for .8%
NO +8/+7.5 for 1.1% hopefully lands 7

1st q Utah +.5 -105 for .6%

ATX

Pile it up today X, I also like the under in the Clippy game.

hopefully we get at least 6 minutes of typical Clipperball for this under. I think LAC covers vs Knicks but I may never lay points with them again.2348ji23e

ATX

2h SA 3rd q over 47 for .5%

2h Cle 4th q under 48.5 (won't risk injury)

ATX

I'll take it. wasted the beautiful weather bugging on Nash and Paul. Should have just ignored those games and done something else. Still a good day, but today was weird. The all-star break definitely has an affect on the teams, shut down 2nd halves early as I could see the usual angles weren't going to be profitable. Well, more like the scenarios were just too strange.

Tomorrow ain't a whole lot better.
Portland getting 3 looks good.
Dallas/Boston has opposing angles on both side and total.
Chicago/Miami is a poor man's Detroit/Atlanta which I screwed up by not taking the Hawks. Hard to back Chicago but they will probably win. I may take the under small b/c of previous meetings.