NBA Play-In Noise...

Heim

EOG Master
One thing that worries me about Minny and OKC, they're not good rebounding teams. Minny is a illusion especially with two 7 footers. Yep, they defend everything but the offensive glass.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I watched Sikma play a lot back in the late 70's and early 80's. His first 4 years he played in all 82 Sonic games, but didn't start a single game. His 5th season he started all 82. You have to be a real NBA junkie to know where he went to college.

I know were most went to school around that period but had no idea he went to Illinois Wesleyan, hell of a find.

As a native Chicagoan, Sikma's alma mater was in my trivia wheelhouse.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I also advised Brunson would crack and that appears to be happening. The one series I don't have a feels is OKC/Mavs. If Mavs win tonight, of course. But if they lose, tossup. Doncic is playing with one leg.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I should have known when all the talking heads said Denver was done at 0-2.

"No way, no chance, it's over".

It's amazing how consistently wrong they can be.

Credit Denver head coach Michael Malone for invoking those dire predictions to his team as motivation heading into Game 3.

But more important than his homemade two-minute video clip of the so-called experts forecasting "doom and gloom" was Malone's approach heading to Minneapolis in an 0-2 hole.

Instead of using a silly cliché like one game at a time, Malone told his team "we're here to win two games."

It's hard to find (sometimes it happens in the NCAA tournament or an MLB pennant race) but when players or coaches look beyond the next game on the schedule, it is usually a positive (read profitable) sign.

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
He should also thank the refs. Something to keep an eye on is Malone's knee jerk temper, and had he had been tossed in games 1 or 2, don't be surprised if he gets ousted in game 5. Especially if there's another heating pad on the court tomorrow night. The pressure is still on Denver despite tying the series and running back home court advantage. Something has to give.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ironically, I think Celtics cover if he plays. They relaxed a little and that was enough.

That's quite a phenomenon...the favorite relaxes against an undermanned team.

Of course, the trick for the serious gambler is to display the intestinal fortitude to hit the submit button on a team lacking its one true superstar.

#EasierSaidThanDone

Heim

EOG Master
Interesting, when OKC went up +2 in rebounding they took the lead late. If they can hang on the boards they'll win the series.

Heim

EOG Master
Re Malone and Denver...shows you why he's T3 in NBA... he is now having the forwards bring up the ball negating some of Wolves on ball pressure allowing them to get in their offense quicker...

Geez, I just need one more Minny (future) win. 😭

Heim

EOG Master
There has to be some sharp people on the Minnesota side, the +5's are disappearing as quick as they appear.