NBA Playoffs 2021

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
My general thought is the 9-10 winner will have an edge over the 7-8 loser.

It's wrong to assume that these players desperately want their seasons to continue.

That's not always the case.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I will gladly take

Heat +265/70 over the Bucks in the series.

Should Bucks be favored? YES

By this much? NO!

Excellent point JK. If you are Charlotte or Indiana with all the injuries and how badly you have performed down the stretch I can see the players sort of feeling less interested.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'm waiting for a thread entitled 'Laker line, what am I missing?'

Lakers +240 is worth a shot. Lakers will get Suns then Nuggets/Blazers meaning WHEN they make the WCF you can have them +240 to win it and since they would be favored over anyone but the Clippers you can take their opponent and get a nice return

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
why isnt it 7 v 10 9 v 8

The NBA wants to reward teams that finished seventh and eighth at season's end.

After all, the #7 and #8 seeds are no longer guaranteed playoff spots.

Both of those teams, the #7 and #8 seeds, have two chances to win one game and advance to the playoffs.

The 9 v 10 game is a do-or-die game.

Shades of MLB where the postseason starts with a Game 7 feel when wild-card teams meet in a winner-take-all showdown

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Lakers +240 is worth a shot. Lakers will get Suns then Nuggets/Blazers meaning WHEN they make the WCF you can have them +240 to win it and since they would be favored over anyone but the Clippers you can take their opponent and get a nice return
Instead please parlay each individual series, then thank me later(almost always better price) don't let books rob you on to win it all prices.

I'm on Boston -2 I would rather bet on the better team rather than one ball hog. I think Beal is just healthy enough to be a hindrance.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Just played Memphis Under 227.5 live at the end of the 1st q.

Memphis will come down and im not sure the Spurs have any offensive rhythm to begin with

Heim

EOG Master
So POR/DEN is a pick em series. Portland currently +1 in DEN

Lakers -300 to win series yet +2.5/+3 in PHO....

:unsure:

I think the Suns to win the series is a great value on a live dog. I don't know if I believe the Lakers are that healthy, just these guys are going to do what they have to in order to be on the court. Definitely has to be considered the long season/short offseason they had last year and how that hurts them now but how the layoff really helped them win the title. Suns are built well for playoff basketball as they don't have a style or offense they are married to so a good defensive team like the Lakers can't just blow them up. They have enough length to at least hinder the stars of LA somewhat. You don't stop them, but if you keep them from going wild it improves their chances. My biggest concern with Suns is their depth as the bench is ok, but its a long way down from the starters. That being said don't put it past the NBA and these refs to call silly shit and put them into foul trouble or take them out of games. That's really my biggest concern here, if Booker/Paul/Bridges are sitting more because of fouls, that's a huge disadvantage. Playing with real crowds might alleviate it somewhat, but I'm fully cognizant of how it could swing the series.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I think the Suns to win the series is a great value on a live dog. I don't know if I believe the Lakers are that healthy, just these guys are going to do what they have to in order to be on the court. Definitely has to be considered the long season/short offseason they had last year and how that hurts them now but how the layoff really helped them win the title. Suns are built well for playoff basketball as they don't have a style or offense they are married to so a good defensive team like the Lakers can't just blow them up. They have enough length to at least hinder the stars of LA somewhat. You don't stop them, but if you keep them from going wild it improves their chances. My biggest concern with Suns is their depth as the bench is ok, but its a long way down from the starters. That being said don't put it past the NBA and these refs to call silly shit and put them into foul trouble or take them out of games. That's really my biggest concern here, if Booker/Paul/Bridges are sitting more because of fouls, that's a huge disadvantage. Playing with real crowds might alleviate it somewhat, but I'm fully cognizant of how it could swing the series.

I think anyone who likes the Suns.......WAIT!

I think the Lakers take 1 of the 2 in AZ and maybe G1. WAIT! Lakers win G1 the Suns price will go even higher. If Suns win G1 and Lakers get G2 you can still get a far higher price than on the Suns right now

I think anyone who likes the Suns.......WAIT!

I think the Lakers take 1 of the 2 in AZ and maybe G1. WAIT! Lakers win G1 the Suns price will go even higher. If Suns win G1 and Lakers get G2 you can still get a far higher price than on the Suns right now

Wouldn't surprise me if Suns take the first two though. Lakers may need some time to get it together. I could see everyone going crazy if Suns win first two and then the Lakers say relax people and go out and win game 3 easily. Then they will go into their whining and bitching to the refs, sending league letters and all about how they are getting screwed and then win game 4. If they do that they get to what they need, putting pressure on an inexperienced team. I mean I really think the Suns are about as good as they will get right now talent wise, its just a question of needing to get valuable playoff experience. And that's the part that makes me pause on them winning this series.

So POR/DEN is a pick em series. Portland currently +1 in DEN

Lakers -300 to win series yet +2.5/+3 in PHO....

:unsure:
We'll know within the 1st half of the 1st game who's going to win this series. Portland doesn't have anybody that can handle Joker. If Facu and Gordon can put the brakes on the CJ and Dame train it's all theirs, if not the Blazers could make quick work out of the Nuggs.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
record 2-0 Last year the Clippers knocked the Mavericks from the playoffs. The Clippers insulted the Mavericks even more by tanking, in order to not face the Lakers until the finals,looking ahead like this is an easy series. Are the clippers even better losing lou Williams and Harrell. I'm taking the 6. Play Mavs +6 game 1.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
record 3-0 Today I'm playing another team that doesn't get any respect. They are 43-13 their last 56 games. They are 13-1 their last 14 games at home vs playoff teams. Thats phoniex -2.

Heim

EOG Master
Have to think LAC series price now a very manageable bet. DAL can not play any better
and LAC in the game despite ice cold from trifecta range.

Heim

EOG Master
Lakers don't win Game 1s. Unfortunately this isn't last year and it looks like all
the games missed by the Big 2 still doesn't have them in game rhythm. Not
many games left to find it.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Don't know about Chris Paul though. He looked very shaky after injury and Lakers defense might be too much for a limited Paul team.

I'm buying Knicks game 1. Hopefully I don't get bit.

Heim

EOG Master
Is POR home court that legendary? They're -380 to win the series now and the whole
world is on DEN tonight. Granted POR got all the late series money closing as the favorite
but you almost have to take DEN now at plus series money.

MrTop

EOG Master
Is POR home court that legendary? They're -380 to win the series now and the whole
world is on DEN tonight. Granted POR got all the late series money closing as the favorite

-380 ?

At only 10% capacity and a paltry record of 20-16 at Moda I would tend to agree with you.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
record 4-0 Todays team has won 7 straight at home and ats vs this opponent. That includes when they weren't very good. They got off to a bad start and still covered thanks to a great 2nd half. Take Brooklyn -9

"Posted at 1:00 PM EST.

BROOKLYN -9 -105 over Boston

7:35 PM EST. The Nets’ three offensive-minded, shot-hogging superheroes were 0-for-11 on three-pointers in the first half of Game 1. And yet, Brooklyn won and covered. Look, the Celtics’ Marcus Smart is a tough, tenacious defender but he’s 6’3”, and Kemba Walker is 6’0”. James Harden is 6’5”, Kevin Durant 6’10”, and Kyrie (6’2”) Irving is not easy for any defender to hang with. The Nets spotted the Celtics a starting lineup that had played 0 minutes together in the regular season, but held Boston to zero (0) fast-break points in the first half despite the lousy shooting and won the game by 11 points. How in the world do the C’s figure to have a better outcome here after everything went wrong for Brooklyn in Game 1?"

https://www.sportswagers.ca/nba/picks.php?pid=25369

---------------------------------------------

Someone's opinion, FYI & consideration.
Fade or follow or neither. Your choice, your responsibility. BOL.

"Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results"
"Past success is no guarantee of future success"

Last edited: