NBA Playoffs...

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Tomorrows Bos-Miami game is interesting. Linemaker has gone from Bos 4' to Miami 1'. With Bos starters sitting out the entire 4th quarter I expect it to light a fire,because that's humiliating. My early indication is to play Boston, a team that was 5.5-1 before the series started. Note public all over Miami, will see how the line reacts before making a decision.

Brick played a great first half and then came back down to earth. I could see a guy getting gassed late in the 4th but Brick played lazy the whole second half. He didn't have the mental toughness to push through anything in the second half. I loved Denver in the series thinking Brick would be too tired to run in Denver. I didn't see him quitting at HT in LA. No killer instinct.

Last edited:

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
That game encapsulates the Lebron debate for his entire career. His fanboys will point to the 40 points.The stats, the gaudy numbers. His detractors will say what a putrid performance down the stretch as usual,The majority of his career his inability to perform when it’s winning time when it matters most.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It was obvious James would show up big. Everyone will talk about about the 40 and forget about his his average play in the series and the pathetic last 2 shots. Nope, not Lebron's fault....

Even Ham stupidly intimated (postgame conference), last James drive was a foul.

Clutch sports and Lebron control the narrative.
It was a big first half. When he was needed, he wasn’t there in the second half.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
The heat aren't going to have the coaching edge in this series like they have had in the previous two series.

Malone can hold his own

kane

EOG master
Brick played a great first half and then came back down to earth. I could see a guy getting gassed late in the 4th but Brick played lazy the whole second half. He didn't have the mental toughness to push through anything in the second half. I loved Denver in the series thinking Brick would be too tired to run in Denver. I didn't see him quitting at HT in LA. No killer instinct.
LOL, the guy played 48 minutes, scored 40 points, with 10 rebounds, 9 assists, and only 1 turnover, while shooting 60% from the field and 57% from deep. If it wasn't for LeBron, the Lakers get blown out, if you want to blame someone, look at AD's 21 points on 6/15, that's not good enough for a player with his talent

kane

EOG master
For everyone criticizing LeBron for the second half, keep in mind the guy played the entire game, give me the list of players in their 20th season playing 48 minutes of a playoff game, and it's funny how not one mention of AD, LeBron was great last night, but he gets all the blame, AD scored 21 on 6/15 but not one mention. it's all LeBron's fault, LMAO

kane

EOG master
Dave Portnoy is a Celtics fan, and he's calling other players a disgrace? LMAO, if he wants to be disgusted about something, it should be the play of his Celtics

kane

EOG master
48 minutes, 40/10/9 60% from the field 57% from deep, and the EOG's NBA experts think he's the reason they lost, while giving AD a pass, too fucking funny

Dave Portnoy is a Celtics fan, and he's calling other players a disgrace? LMAO, if he wants to be disgusted about something, it should be the play of his Celtics
You keep deflcting Brick's actions. AD and Portnoy have nothing to do with Brick's play. Brick is a flopper and didn't have the heart to play any of the second half yesterday. I said that Brick had a great first half. Then pointed out his play in the second half. Brick doesn't push through adversity as the greats have done.

Heim

EOG Master
Van Gundy hit the nail on the head yesterday. Lakers were on a roll with the post up game, then abandoned it for the trifecta in the 2H.

That's coaching, you don't let players dictate on the court.

kane

EOG master
You keep deflcting Brick's actions. AD and Portnoy have nothing to do with Brick's play. Brick is a flopper and didn't have the heart to play any of the second half yesterday. I said that Brick had a great first half. Then pointed out his play in the second half.
I'm sorry he was tired in the second half after playing every minute of the game in his 20th season at 38 years old, maybe if someone like AD would have shown up to give him some help they might have won, when a 38 year old has to play the entire game, plays as great as he did, and it still isn't good enough, his teammates have to look at themselves in the mirror

kane

EOG master
Still waiting for one person to place some blame on AD, but I know how it works on these forums, instead of criticizing the guy who didn't show up, the criticism instead will go the 38 year old who played 48 minutes and put up 40/10/9, the amount of hate he gets is borderline delusional

I'm sorry he was tired in the second half after playing every minute of the game in his 20th season at 38 years old, maybe if someone like AD would have shown up to give him some help they might have won, when a 38 year old has to play the entire game, plays as great as he did, and it still isn't good enough, his teammates have to look at themselves in the mirror
He was tired and quit playing after 24 minutes and a HT break. Sure, he could have been gassed near the end of the game and that would have been accepted. Quitting after HT isn't acceptable.

Any player in his 20th season forced to play 48 minutes will eventually get tired, still waiting for one person to say something about AD shooting 6/15
48 minutes? He quit after 24 minutes. Here's a good recap.

LeBron delivered a blistering if desperate effort in the first half of Game 4 with 31 points and then, somewhat predictably, was gassed in the second half and especially the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Jokic battled through foul trouble in the final five minutes and supplied timely plays and a few finishing touches that put the Lakers to sleep. https://www.nba.com/news/5-takeaways-from-nuggets-historic-game-4-victory-over-lakers

kane

EOG master
I feel bad for the Celtic newbie coach. Led team to ECF, be will no doubt be let go.
In fairness to Mazzulla, he was forced into a position he really wasn't ready for. After the Udoka scandal broke, the Celtics needed to find a coach quick, the guy who likely would have gotten the job was Will Hardy, he was an assistant to Udoka, but he had already accepted the Utah job, he was the guy ready to become a head coach, and he did a fantastic job in Utah this past season, had he not left for Utah, he's probably the guy who would have replaced Udoka, Mazzulla needed more seasoning, more time to learn, but when you're offered the head coaching job of the Boston Celtics, you have to take it whether you're ready or not. I don't know what Brad Stevens is thinking, but from what I'm hearing, he might keep Mazzulla, but bring in an assistant with head coaching credentials to help him, one name I've heard mentioned is Frank Vogel, but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out

kane

EOG master
LeBron delivered a blistering if desperate effort in the first half of Game 4 with 31 points and then, somewhat predictably, was gassed in the second half and especially the fourth quarter.

Exactly! He played great for as long as he could, then in the second half he predictably got tired, what 38 year old player in his 20th season wouldn't be gassed in the fourth quarter? Still waiting for just one person to criticize AD, just one

kane

EOG master
kane - you want to talk about age. 37 year old Michael Jordan scored 45 of the Bulls 87 points his last NBA finals game.
And 38 year old LeBron James just scored 40, still waiting for one person to mention AD, but I know how thing work around here, I won't be holding my breath, pile on the 38 year old who played every minute of the game and put up 40/10/9, but not one mention of AD, LMAO

And 38 year old LeBron James just scored 40, still waiting for one person to mention AD, but I know how thing work around here, I won't be holding my breath, pile on the 38 year old who played every minute of the game and put up 40/10/9, but not one mention of AD, LMAO
You should really look at percentage since the Lakers score so many points. 45 points out of a teams 87 is much better than 40 points out of 111.

kane

EOG master
And of course no mention of LeBron dragging that garbage roster to the WCF's, a team that had to win the play in tournament just to get in the playoffs as an 8 seed, he takes them to the WCF's, and then gets all the blame for losing to the number 1 seed, LMAO

And of course no mention of LeBron dragging that garbage roster to the WCF's, a team that had to win the play in tournament just to get in the playoffs as an 8 seed, he takes them to the WCF's, and then gets all the blame for losing to the number 1 seed, LMAO
The team could only go as far as AD took them in the series vs. Denver. AD could be much more of a force on both sides of the court and he was better on defense all 4 games.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
MJ won 6 finals with two hall of fame players and a top 3 all time head coach.

Lebron took this roster and a rookie head coach to the conf finals as a 7 seed.

Who gets more shit than lebron for taking trash rosters deeper than anyone else I the playoffs.

Who gets more shit than lebron for taking trash rosters deeper than anyone else I the playoffs.
MJ played with old players well past their prime. They did very little after leaving Jordan Jordan scored 45 of 87 points. Jordan was the team. Brick didn't carry the team. AD was the best player on the team.

Last edited:

Reaves scored 23, 22 , 23 and 17. From 3, 5-9, 5-9, 3-5 and 1-2. Then there was AD. That staring unit was better than the Bulls the last year because of age,

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Miami couldn't sell out their own arena up 2-0 of the conf finals

Boston by far has a bigger following
Not talking about attendance. They have depended on Butler throughout and the nucleus around him that is playing special. No their following wouldn't be as strong as Boston's, but knowing this is Denver's first go around, I'm sure the nation will still show high interest, especially since this could be the first play in team that could win a championship.

And the announced attendance was 20,088, at a venue that only holds 19,600.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
No one said AD played well on offense.
No one said AD didn't play well on offense either, too busy bashing the guy who played great, and no bashing of the guy who didn't, but that's how you roll, I get it, it's all LeBron's fault, while AD gets a pass, LMAO

kane

EOG master
Not talking about attendance. They have rode Butler throughout and the nucleus around them. No their following wouldn't be as strong as Boston's, but knowing this is Denver's first go around, I'm sure the nation will still show high interest, especially since this could be the first play in team to ever win a championship.
Respectfully disagree, outside of Denver and Miami, the public won't care about this matchup, a Heat/Nuggets finals will be one of the lowest rated of all time imo

No one said AD didn't play well on offense either, too busy bashing the guy who played great, and no bashing of the guy who didn't, but that's how you roll, I get it, it's all LeBron's fault, while AD gets a pass, LMAO
AD was the key player to the series. Even the TNT crew hammered that point. Brick quit. Brick flops. That can't be ignored. The reason people dislike Brick is that he whines, cries, flops and doesn't bring in 100% every night. Sure, he's a great player but the formentioned attributes should keep him from being mentioned at the top of all time.