NBA RSW totals

kane

EOG master
I played the Lakers under 33.5, and the Sixers under 39.5, a couple others I'm pondering. If anyone has any futures they like, feel free to post them. I also took a shot with Dennis Smith to win ROY at +690

Re: NBA RSW totals

I wish I could pull the trigger on OK Under but Westbrook could will that team to over 53 wins by himself and I don't think he'll let Melo fuck it up for him in crunch time.

Valuist

EOG Master

Agree on Lakers, disagree on Sixers. The whole league wants to teach Ball a lesson, and a bad team playing motivated opponents will be in an uphill battle. The Sixers had the second highest number of games lost to injury last year. There's also some scheduling stuff I like for them. But its possible they may need a year to mesh.

Valuist

EOG Master

I wish I could pull the trigger on OK Under but Westbrook could will that team to over 53 wins by himself and I don't think he'll let Melo fuck it up for him in crunch time.

Melo a total team killer. I liked the under before they got him. Now I love it. This has implosion written all over it.

The one I'm not sure about pulling the trigger on is Golden State under. I've seen a bunch of 67 1/2s. It could well be 69 or at least 68 1/2 in Reno.

kane

EOG master

Agree on Lakers, disagree on Sixers. The whole league wants to teach Ball a lesson, and a bad team playing motivated opponents will be in an uphill battle. The Sixers had the second highest number of games lost to injury last year. There's also some scheduling stuff I like for them. But its possible they may need a year to mesh.

That's what I'm banking on. They're a very young team, Embiid has played a total of 31 games in three years, and has an injury history, and Simmons and Fultz have yet to play. Last year they won 28 games, I don't see them improving 12 games in one offseason, I think they'll be careful with those guys in terms of minutes, thinking more about the future than trying to win as many games as they can this season. It's tough to win in the NBA with young players, even ones as talented as those three, the future looks bright for them, but I think it will take some time

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I played the Lakers under 33.5, and the Sixers under 39.5, a couple others I'm pondering. If anyone has any futures they like, feel free to post them. I also took a shot with Dennis Smith to win ROY at +690

I think the Lakers are fairly priced. I see them winning 32-35 meaning right in the middle meaning I want nothing to do with a RSW play on them. Think it is a play where you might be sweating it all the way to the last game of the season

Heim

EOG Master

You have to consider Ball's ability to stay healthy for a 82 game grind. He was injured during a abbreviated summer schedule & is having ankle foot problems again after a few preseason games.

Gabe

Horse racing expert

Pistons have a very ugly offensive roster and no depth. If they have any key injuries it could be really ugly there.

Valuist

EOG Master

Back to the Lakers, they won 26 games last year. Their pythag win total was only 21, so they were on the fortunate side. Heim already mentioned Ball's injury concerns, which are legit as I believe he will be the recipient of many hard screens and "accidental" fouls.

But if one (or their dad) is going to be a notorious big mouth, expect a number of teams to have the LAL games circled on their calendar.

Heim

EOG Master

Lakers need to figure out what to do at forward. Ingram has looked terrible in preseason. Kuzma should start but don't think Walton wants to commit yet. Randle's a dog. Nance not that big a upgrade. Under seems right. Who's there go to guy on offense? Pope? Many issues.