NCAA seeds

blueline

EOG Master
stats and trends for almost anything but if I heard correctly on VSiN...since the tournament expanded 1 and 2 seeds who started the year unranked won an average of 1.78 tournament games.....the qualifiers this year Purdue and Marquette

Heim

EOG Master
In many respects.... Creighton was lucky their big guy missed 3 games non-conference. They lost them all thus skewing the numbers a bit resulting in a higher seed.

Heim

EOG Master
Houston is going to be a tough out. They found a third option with Marks on offense. And their defense reminds me of the old 'Amoeba' defense Tark used with UNLV, players just swarm the ball, suffocate.

Valuist

EOG Master
For anyone playing the CBI, it's a tough spot for Eastern Kentucky. They beat Cleveland State in OT yesterday, get in a bus and drive around 300 miles to Terre Haute to face Indiana State in a noon start (Eastern).

common guy

EOG Senior Member
As it turns out the overtime was beneficial. Y’all ever play pickup? Longer you are out there the tougher you are to get eliminated.Pressure tested. Extra floor time and brink of elimination experience only helps. Maybe not for guys our age but at 18-21 they can play like rockstars on tour. The ot Sunday helped in the double ot Tuesday. Plug that into your in game data bank for next ot in the postseason. Go with the pressure tested not the rested.

Valuist

EOG Master
As it turns out the overtime was beneficial. Y’all ever play pickup? Longer you are out there the tougher you are to get eliminated.Pressure tested. Extra floor time and brink of elimination experience only helps. Maybe not for guys our age but at 18-21 they can play like rockstars on tour. The ot Sunday helped in the double ot Tuesday. Plug that into your in game data bank for next ot in the postseason. Go with the pressure tested not the rested.

I think you are probably right.

And the fact that all games are in Daytona Beach, any conventional thinking probably needs to get tossed out. I think I was there 40 years ago this week. I'm sure its just as big of a party town now as it was then, if not moreso.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Love it.

Pressure-tested > Tan and rested.

I think VALUIST would agree that this angle works in horse racing as well.

Getting involved in a dog fight is not always a bad thing.

blueline

EOG Master
I wont connect the dots to racing.
I like fresh.My trainer would say ' less is more"
Coming up to a big stake media asked why didn't he have a prep race since it was about 7 weeks between races.
Trainer response " I'll have him fit"
He ran a new top that day

Heim

EOG Master
So much for K-ST doesn't deserve a #3.

Their little pg might be one of the most valuable players I've seen in CBB.

He reminds me so much of former St. Joseph pg Jameer Nelson, with a better shot.

Heim

EOG Master
Tennessee proved that a #1 defense is worthless if you can't hit the 3. You can only play defense like your hair's on fire so long,

Heim

EOG Master
How does a team get outscored 10-1 41 seconds? HC Few is lucky, he stays in a man when everyone in the world knows they're going to the Mexican for a and 1 every time down.

Heim

EOG Master
Zag's HC Few at postgame conference. 'Connecticut is a tough one day prep, we'll be up all night'....

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Those games yesterday were something else. Incredible entertainment.

Michigan State and Kansas State going blow for blow and then Gonzaga Ucla. FDU just didn't want to go home.

Heim

EOG Master
McDermott for Creighton hit the nail on the head. It's a lot different when you have 3-4 days to prepare for Princeton.

Heim

EOG Master
Miami with those guards looks unbeatable...the only blemish on their record was Michael Irvin 😅

boston massacre

EOG Master
Great Tournament.

Made Reason Being, Calapari/GONE, Duke/GONE, #1 Seeds/ALL GONE.

Single Biggest Entertaining and Impact Player I've Seen In Tournament ?

Kansas St 5'8" PG Markquis Nowell.

He's Been Just Like His Head Coach Described Him, So Far, In This Tournament :

A BAD BAD MAN !

Hopefully His Ankle Isn't A Problem.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Aa great as Nowell is his shot selection is very questionable and if that ankle acts up at any point Kansas State will be in deep trouble. These guards with FAU are quick and love to pop the 3. Quicker than Michigan State's.

I don't know if he's capping or not about his ankle being 90%.

Not only that they won't be intimidated coming off a win against that Volunteer defense.

Heim

EOG Master
Could FAU be presented a better trip for a #9 than Farleigh Dickinson and a #3 that was grossly under seeded?

railbird

EOG Master
Great Tournament.

Made Reason Being, Calapari/GONE, Duke/GONE, #1 Seeds/ALL GONE.

Single Biggest Entertaining and Impact Player I've Seen In Tournament ?

Kansas St 5'8" PG Markquis Nowell.

He's Been Just Like His Head Coach Described Him, So Far, In This Tournament :

A BAD BAD MAN !

Hopefully His Ankle Isn't A Problem.
played like a harlem dirtbag today, no I in team, good riddence

railbird

EOG Master
entertaining was when the 2014 wiscoinson badgers would have 100 second possesions with 23 passes and 4 offesnive rebounds

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
They controlled that 2H against Duke except at the end. I remember watching that game. They had it.

I had Creighton and Marquette as my teams heading into the tournament and I'm sticking with Creighton here.

I think FAU is going to win it all though. TV doesn't do their guards justice. They're in the zone this tournament.

UConn will probably get bit like Gonzaga did with the fouls. Refs control so much of these games.