ND -8?

papa 5

EOG Veteran
This is a head scratcher. It will be like a home game for ND also. Trojan fans will not show up. Helton will be fired soon after game. I thought number would be around 14.

kane

EOG master
The ND line doesn't look as bad as the WSU line, they opened -3 at home against Washington, what am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
Series history?

The Huskies have typically had the better teams, but not this year, this year the Cougars are the better team, and at home, the line says these teams are even, look at the rankings, it's just a line that looks low to me.

cheapseats

EOG Master
SC has not scored in the 2nd half last 2 games ,their qb is a deer in headlights. Their d got rocked by joshua, ND can name the spread if they want.

papa 5

EOG Veteran
USC has covered maybe twice this year? I think crowd will be majority ND. Fans are pissed how bad USC has played this year. They will stay home and send Swan a clear message.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The ND line doesn't look as bad as the WSU line, they opened -3 at home against Washington, what am I missing?

This late in the season the books' line tends to be somewhat close to the projected Sagarin rating. WASH has a 1.3 pt higher Sagarin predictor, stronger SOS, but less "Recent" rating 83.86 vs 88.52 for WSU. It is a rivalry match, but I doubt the series record (UW 72-32-6) has anything to do with the line. As I handicap the game, I make WSU a bigger favorite than -3, but I see how the line came 3.

DotPark

EOG Addicted
I got in ND -10 earlier today.
Last game before month + layoff for ND if/when they win.
Kelly will want to execute offense to the fullest and get style points so there is no doubt they belong in the Final 4.
USC is a dead team right now.
Blowout

Heim

EOG Master
These games worry me.... naturally ND has to win for any chance of the playoff but this IS Trojan bowl game.

Heim

EOG Master
The Daniels/St. Brown combo will be the best in CFB next year...too bad Helton won't be around to see it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This late in the season the books' line tends to be somewhat close to the projected Sagarin rating. WASH has a 1.3 pt higher Sagarin predictor, stronger SOS, but less "Recent" rating 83.86 vs 88.52 for WSU. It is a rivalry match, but I doubt the series record (UW 72-32-6) has anything to do with the line. As I handicap the game, I make WSU a bigger favorite than -3, but I see how the line came 3.

Washington historically has a better cut of athlete.

In the last two editions of the NFL Draft, the Huskies had 10 players drafted versus Washington State's three.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The way I look at it, he would have to be drafted #1 or #2 overall to outdo Darnold. Darnold's body of work at USC earned him a #3 overall draft selection.

Not likely.
I think you have to look deeper that their body of work at S.C. they have had a lot of accomplished QBs at the college level drafted high, and all of them have flamed out, with the exception of M Sanchez for a couple of years.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The way I look at it, he would have to be drafted #1 or #2 overall to outdo Darnold. Darnold's body of work at USC earned him a #3 overall draft selection.

Not likely.

If the kid wins a PAC 12 title and leads them to a Major bowl victory he will have out performed Darnold....nowhere did I say that he would be a high draft choice....

papa 5

EOG Veteran
The opening number was better than the closing number.
Once it hit 14 I had a strong feeling ND wasn't going to cover. Did I act on it? Of course not. I laid 10. My buddy lost the biggest bet of his life. It seems to happen that way when it looks to good to be true.

So frustrating to see defenses totally lay down at the end to always allow backdoor TD's. Last week I had the Giants. i was hoping NY would miss their late field goal at the end because I just knew TB would get their TD if the game wasn't on the line like it would have been if Giants had missed their FG