Nebraska Season Win total? Nebraska O/U 7

svbettor

EOG Veteran
Hello all.

Scott Frost from UCF is going back to his Alma Mater Nebraska where he was a QB.

Nebraska got whipped at home last season by lowly NIU.

It will take Scott Frost some time until he returns Nebraska to past glory.

Nebraska UN 7 -170?

Is this worth it ?

Re: Nebraska Season Win total? Nebraska O/U 7

Akron, Troy, Minnesota, Illinois - Wins
Colorado, Purdue @ home - toss ups

Hard to find #7 out the rest of the bunch

• vs. Akron – Sept. 1
  • vs. Colorado – Sept. 8
  • vs. Troy – Sept. 15
  • at Michigan – Sept. 22
  • vs. Purdue – Sept. 29
  • at Wisconsin – Oct. 6
  • at Northwestern – Oct. 13
  • vs. Minnesota – Oct. 20
  • at Ohio State – Nov. 3
  • vs. Illinois – Nov. 10
  • vs. Michigan State – Nov. 17
  • at Iowa – Nov. 23

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The Huskers were a 10.5-point favorite last season when they lost to Northern Illinois, 21-17.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Nebraska was favored in only three games last season and went 0-3 against the spread.

Valuist

EOG Master

I think Frost will improve the team but I question whether its right away. The talent cupboard was pretty bare there. Minnesota hung a 54 spot on them last year and they gave up over 50 points in each of their final 3 games as they clearly quit for Riley. Is it a given they even beat Troy? I think one could shop for a better price. Even at 6 1/2.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

P.J. Fleck's rah-rah approach worked at Western Michigan and Minnesota.

Could Fleck's act work in the SEC or NFL?

I was unaware Fleck had a short stint in the NFL as a wide receiver with the San Francisco 49ers after playing collegiately at Northern Illinois.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

I was unaware Fleck had a short stint in the NFL as a wide receiver with the San Francisco 49ers after playing collegiately at Northern Illinois.

Every act wears thin if the big wins aren’t there. See Jim Harbaugh and Michigan fans.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The Huskers were a 10.5-point favorite last season when they lost to Northern Illinois, 21-17.

How far have they fallen since joining the B10? They were only 10.5 favs in that NIU game. They used to name the score.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

No it wouldn’t work. When I think of him, I think of Marc Trestman for some reason.

Not sure Minny is a given. I don’t see 7.

That's going to be a bad gopher football team. Don't see them overcoming their inability to complete a forward pass and their D-line is young and thin. Minnesota and Illinois will battle to the cellar of the B1G West.

Minnesota regressed record-wise in their first year under PT Fleck. They were outscored 70-0 in their last 2 games. I Wouldn't consider his rah-rah row the boat approach working yet at Minnesota.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Minnesota regressed record-wise in their first year under PT Fleck. They were outscored 70-0 in their last 2 games. I Wouldn't consider his rah-rah row the boat approach working yet at Minnesota.

They really need a competent qb. I do believe the better the conference, the less effect that the rah-rah effect works. Jury is out.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, JK.

He’s only been at Minny a year. I’m not convinced the shtick is going to wind up playing out all that well there either.

With regard to the question you pose, my short answer is a resounding “NO.”

Sleepy

EOG Master

That's going to be a bad gopher football team. Don't see them overcoming their inability to complete a forward pass and their D-line is young and thin. Minnesota and Illinois will battle to the cellar of the B1G West.

The new QB will be better than those stiffs last year.

Got so bad that we just ran it every down for fear of one of the stiffs turning it over.

TEXED

EOG Veteran

Enthusiasm is sky high in Nebraska. The QB choices are either a Redshirt Freshman, true Freshman, or walk-on JC So. transfer. I guess that I have enough confidence in Frost to be solid in his first year that my choice would be the Over 6 wins at +100.

4 "solid" Home wins vs. Akron, Colorado, Troy, and Illinois.
2 "likely" Home wins vs. Minnesota and Purdue
3 "likely" Road losses vs Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio St.
Win at least 1 of 3 "toss-up" games: Home vs Michigan St or Away vs Northwestern and Iowa.

I watched as many UCF games as I could in Frost's first year, and have to say their Offense did not look very good. Another note is that he started with a returning QB who wasn't anything special, and once he got hurt, he went to his recruited Freshman and stayed with him the rest of the way. He has a recruited Freshman at Nebraska, Adrian Martinez, who I would guess he'll try to get to soon.

railbird

EOG Master

UCF is in the middle of a large talent pool, Nebraska hasnt been a football power since Jarvis Redwine. He wont succeed there

railbird

EOG Master

Its like Spokane area, Monson, Greer, Few get way more credit than deserve, same with Koetter,Hawkins,Peterson at Boise

railbird

EOG Master

my juco coach won over 1000 games and 20 conference champs and is considered a legend, he goes and coaches A ball and goes 32-92 and 40 games out of 1st

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

UCF is in the middle of a large talent pool, Nebraska hasnt been a football power since Jarvis Redwine. He wont succeed there

Unless he can pull talent out of other areas. Osborne used to recruit the NY area.

I don’t totally agree with your assessment of Boise and Gonzaga. Yes there is a lot of talent, but those coaches had to sell their program for years to get it to that level. They also have to coach them up, no 5* is going to Boise or Gonzaga.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Frost just had his home robbed. 165K worth of memorabilia. It was getting worked on but Nobody was there because it was the weekend. Sounds like some inside shit. w

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Unless he can pull talent out of other areas. Osborne used to recruit the NY area.

I don’t totally agree with your assessment of Boise and Gonzaga. Yes there is a lot of talent, but those coaches had to sell their program for years to get it to that level. They also have to coach them up, no 5* is going to Boise or Gonzaga.
Boise has a 5* QB freshman Tanner Conner.
And have a 4* QB in this years class. Hank Bachmeier.
They also have recruited 2 5*OL recently.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

PJ Fleck rah rah fiasco garbage has not done crap in Minnesota.

Nebraska will win 6 or 7

. It’s nothing that developing a QB can’t cure.

That could pretty much be said for every college football program. There is a 7 or 8 win ceiling for Minnesota. They have a delusional, apathetic fan base that can't even fill their cute little stadiette unless Iowa or Wisconsin are in town. Their game day atmosphere sucks. There coach is an ego-maniacal narcissist huckster. Look at this recruiting picture. Who is the team? Minnesota is a rudderless ship, er row boat . . . .with this clown in charge.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

He won one game in his first season at WM. It’s nothing that developing a QB can’t cure.

Well the walk on sophmore vs. The 2* freshman race of the spring that carries over to the fall is less than ideal then.
I hope I am wrong about Minny in 18 but I dont see much worth liking other than a great pass D in a conference that specializes in great Run offense.

I like Fleck personally but he is a weird study in that he is using a rebuilding method when he inherited a 9 win team. The biggest shocker about him isn't the regression in '17 its his focus on recruiting only OL and DL when Minnesota kind of recruits itself in those departments. He is being recruited in skill position players by non power 5 teams in his own region. Cincinatti and NIU crushed in '18's class.

3 year plan when he might not have a 4th year and a regression in pass offense is not what Gophers expected when they paid him all that money.

TEXED

EOG Veteran

Frost just had his home robbed. 165K worth of memorabilia. It was getting worked on but Nobody was there because it was the weekend. Sounds like some inside shit. w

Turns out he didn't lose any of the 16 rings, nor even his PlayStation. Some shoes, helmets, and pictures. Apparently fake news has now reached the Lincoln Police Dept.