NEW BILL TO BE INTRODUCED TO CONGRESS NEXT MONTH...

I expect a NEW BILL will be introduced and brought to light next month (in APRIL) before Congress that is in direct contrast to the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act... :party

Stay tuned for more...

BTW, this is in addition to the GOOD NEWS I promised to share with all of you by Friday...

THE SHRINK

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated
Re: NEW BILL TO BE INTRODUCED TO CONGRESS NEXT MONTH...

Being introduced and being passed are two completely different issues. Not only does this bill need to be passed, it has to be passed with enough votes to override any veto that may happen. While it is nice news, I dont see it doing anything worthwhile.

I hope I am as wrong about this as I am with my basketball plays.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Will probably request a study. Good news, but will be 4-6 years before any effect is felt.

Sean

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

That was my initial response also sean. Then we MAY get regulation and taxes to top it off. I can see a chance for house committee studies for regulation which WILL take years. NO WAY the current bill will be over-turned anytime soon for that means some high profile people HAVE to ADMIT mistake and that aint happening. I will be proactive though and hope/pray for the best. The entire congress is all tied up in scandals for the next 4-5 years anyhow.

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Maybe they can tack it onto a port security bill.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I think Barney frank should (And likely could) tack it onto the Iraq funding bill. What are the repubs gonna do? Vote against spending in Iraq? What's Bush gonna do, not sign it?

This Iraq funding bill is an opportunity for Democrats to add any pork they want. There is already shit on their like money for frozen strawberries.

Sean

munson15

I want winners...

I hope the news hits before 12:00 Friday, because our golf course opens then!:houra Keeping my fingers crossed that it's something concrete and of immediate assistance to the industry and those of us who love it.:cheers

nhlfan

EOG Member

I don't know much about U.S. politics. Could Bush veto it?

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Not if they attach it to the right bill...

Sean

muskatel

EOG Addicted

Shrink, anything is good news. Earlier in the month you mentioned that the March good news would be beneficial for players to be playing offshore by the start of the 2007 NFL season. This was an questimate on your part, but do you still think along these lines?

Thanks for the info.

Shrink, anything is good news. Earlier in the month you mentioned that the March good news would be beneficial for players to be playing offshore by the start of the 2007 NFL season. This was an questimate on your part, but do you still think along these lines?

Thanks for the info.

I am still cautiously optimistic about the time-line....