NFL riddle

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7457803 said:
I already gave out the answers. Chiefs and Raiders.

Mr. Top- check out the box score of the Rams/Raiders game. The Rams went ahead 20-13 on a TD after time expired in the 3rd quarter. Fact;

The game was tied at 13, if the Rams scored on the last play of the quarter, doesn't that mean they led 20-13 through three quarters?

Valuist

EOG Master
kane;n7457807 said:
Every box score I check shows the Rams leading 20-13 entering the fourth quarter

They didn't play a snap trailing until the 4th quarter.

Riddle courtesy of the Bet the Board podcast.

MrTop

EOG Master
[TABLE]

Scoring Summary

First Quarter Points

Oakland

T

10:23

Mike Nugent (Conv Kicker )
Marshawn Lynch (Rusher )
Total yards : 10

6 + 1 xpt

L.A. Rams

T

4:53

Todd Gurley II (Pass Receiver )
Jared Goff (Passer )
Greg Zuerlein (Conv Kicker )
Total yards : 19

6 + 1 xpt

Second Quarter Points

Oakland

FG

12:31

Mike Nugent (FG Kicker )
Total yards : 24

L.A. Rams

FG

2:40

Greg Zuerlein (FG Kicker )
Total yards : 20

Oakland

FG

0:10

Mike Nugent (FG Kicker )
Total yards : 48

Third Quarter Points

L.A. Rams

FG

9:4

Total yards : 28

L.A. Rams

T

0:0

Cooper Kupp (Pass Receiver )
Jared Goff (Passer )
Total yards : 8

6 + 1 xpt

Fourth Quarter Points

L.A. Rams

FG

9:19

Total yards : 55

L.A. Rams

FG

3:15

Total yards : 20

L.A. Rams

T

1:59

Marcus Peters (Interception Returner )
Total yards : 50

6 + 1 xpt

[/TABLE]

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7457808 said:
They didn't play a snap trailing until the 4th quarter.

Riddle courtesy of the Bet the Board podcast.

The Raiders trailed entering the fourth quarter, I don't get what I'm missing here

Its a semantics argument. TECHNICALLY Rams led in the 3rd quarter. But if you word it as 'what team hasnt trailed during any snap (which technically isnt true since they snap the ball for the extra point).

But its one of those points people like to use showing how an 0-3 team might not be THAT bad. Or it could also be twisted as why are they 0-3 when theyre going into 4th quarters with leads or tied?

3RD QUARTER

POINT AFTER TD 0:00
G.Zuerlein extra point is GOOD Center-J.McQuaide Holder-J.Hekker.

TOUCHDOWN 0:03
J.Goff pass short right to C.Kupp for 8 yards TOUCHDOWN.
PLAYS
YDS
1:42
POS

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7457741 said:
Only one team this year has never trailed thru the first 3 quarters of any game this year. Who is that team?

The Raiders were trailing the Rams 20-13 when the first snap of the 4th quarter took place

Valuist

EOG Master
kane;n7457813 said:
The Raiders trailed entering the fourth quarter, I don't get what I'm missing here

They never took a snap trailing before the 4th quarter. Extra points are not counted as plays.

MrTop

EOG Master
did not say in the riddle anything about a snap... i want to get paid or i will go to social media with the 82k guy

sad

kane

EOG master
Valuist;n7457817 said:
They never took a snap trailing before the 4th quarter. Extra points are not counted as plays.

Your original question never mentioned a snap, you posted "Only one team this year has never trailed thru the first three quarters of any game this year. Who is that team?" The Raiders were trailing 20-13 thru three quarters, obviously this is a trick question, but going by the way you worded it in your first post, the Raiders were trailing thru three quarters

kane

EOG master
MrTop;n7457823 said:
did not say in the riddle anything about a snap... i want to get paid or i will go to social media with the 82k guy

sad

LMAO, funny stuff Topper

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The last play of the 3rd Qtr started at :03 - Goff to Cupp 8-yard TD. The XP is kicked then as its untimed. The 1st play of the 4th Qtr was the kickoff.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
I like the riddle, based on this fact. When the 3q clock flipped to 0:00 (at first), game was still tied.

Legit, in my book.