NFL schedule

E$

EOG Dedicated
My Dolphins got screwed again with an early bye and several games with teams coming off byes. Should help with their obvious plans of tanking though.

kane

EOG master
My Dolphins got screwed again with an early bye and several games with teams coming off byes. Should help with their obvious plans of tanking though.

The best thing that can happen is they have the worst record in the league, get the first pick in next year's draft and take their choice of QB. I was upset they signed Fitzpatrick, he's not that good, but he's good enough to win a handful of games, I would have gone with some garbage QB already on the roster to ensure they would be as bad as possible

Valuist

EOG Master
Baltimore is the only team to have the ideal setup of no two successive road games. It's alternating home game/road game all season. Very good sequencing.

The Jets play EVERY single game in the Eastern Time zone.

After week 2, the Raiders don't play a true home game until November.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

You nailed it. League actually did Miami a favor knowing what their goal is this season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Baltimore is the only team to have the ideal setup of no two successive road games. It's alternating home game/road game all season. Very good sequencing.

Excellent notes, V.

Valuist

EOG Master

No doubt about it. Four of first 5 games at home along with the week 5 bye, then road games in 7 of the final 11 weeks. In December, they are the Northeast Dolphins, playing twice in Jersey on consecutive weeks, then close out the season at New England. They do benefit from the heat in the early season games, however.

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's what a perfect schedule would be, excluding strength of opponents.

You would start the season with a road game, then home game, and alternate like that all season. You would have the mandatory minimum prime time games, one Thursday nighter off your bye week at home (while the opponent is on short rest), and no Monday Night games. Your bye week would be late in the season, maybe week 12, to give the nagging injuries some time to heal before the stretch drive. You would have zero opponents off bye weeks, but multiple opponents off Monday Night games and no opponents off Thursday night games. The Thursday night home game would be against your biggest divisional rival.

I haven't dug that deep yet this season but it looks like the NFL did a poor job . Teams like Oakland and Tampa Bay having huge imbalances of road/home games at various points. Numerous teams playing 4 games on the road in 5 game sequences.

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master

I just read an article where an exec of the league said they messed up the schedules of Oakland and Tampa. In addition to those two teams, Seattle, GB, and Cleveland will only have one home game over a 6 week span, regarding the schedule the guy said "I'd love a redo". It seems like this league can never get anything right

Valuist

EOG Master

Technically, Baltimore is the only team to not play back to back road games. But in reality, the Giants don't either as one of their "road" games is on their homefield against the Jets. So the Giants only have 7 true road games.

Valuist

EOG Master
Pittsburgh has a great setup to start the season, but it will be a bitch from mid November to the end of the season. After opening at New England, 6 of their next 8 games are at home, and their bye week is in that period. But they close out the season with a 3rd road game in 4 weeks, a 4th road game in 6 weeks, and a 5th road game in 7 weeks.

Valuist

EOG Master
One last oddity: the Rams have FOUR opponents this season who will be coming off Monday Night games. 4 of their first 6 games will be against opponents on less than 7 days rest.