NFL Week 3

Heim

EOG Master
Seriously, what is Nagy waiting for re Fields.....silly with the limited action increasing every game.

Team is not going anywhere. Let the kid start. It gives them a much needed run-pass option.

I guarantee, he's named starter this week. Money will show up on Bears.

Heim

EOG Master
Everyone is on CAR. They are talking about them like the '86 Bears after one game.

But little movement on the number.

Yes...looked good.

Against the Jets.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pace and Nagy signed Dalton to a one-year deal for $10 million which could grow to $13 million with incentives.

Word leaked out that Dalton was promised a Week 1 start.

But then, Pace and Nagy decided to tie their careers to Justin Fields by moving up in the draft to select the dual-threat quarterback.

I predict Fields will start in Week 11 following Chicago's bye week.

Besides, Dalton is likely to be tagged with losses to the Packers, Bucs, 49ers and Steelers in a brutal four-game stretch prior to the off week.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Pace and Nagy signed Dalton to a one-year deal for $10 million which could grow to $13 million with incentives.

Word leaked out that Dalton was promised a Week 1 start.

But then, Pace and Nagy decided to tie their careers to Justin Fields by moving up in the draft to select the dual-threat quarterback.

I predict Fields will start in Week 11 following Chicago's bye week.

Besides, Dalton is likely to be tagged with losses to the Packers, Bucs, 49ers and Steelers in a brutal four-game stretch prior to the off week.
Does it matter who starts for the Bears? They coach not to lose now.

Cowboys only -4 hosting the Eagles in Week 3? Why isn't it -7:

Likewise the Steelers only -4.5 hosting the Bungles?

As for the Jags +7, maybe keep fading them till they can win a game or keep one within double digits.

Last edited:
Divisional dogs are strong bets, road dogs even stronger. Just as long as their QBs don't throw two pick sixes to the same guy.

I'd lean to Eagles and Bengals in these situations.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

As for the Jags +7, maybe keep fading them till they can win a game or keep one within double digits.

If it were 7 you would get one way action on the Eagles

Valuist

EOG Master

I'm guessing the Steelers line is where it is due to the large number of injuries, although it's not clear if some of these players will be missing week 3. Three different players with groin injuries, including Watt. Their nose tackle broke his ankle. And Dontae Johnson got hurt on the last play of the game. Have to believe this line drifts to 5 and even 5 1/2.

Indi-Titans, a divisional game, opened 6 at Piny, now 5.5.

Dallas-Phila div game opened at a mere 3.5, now 4.

I'd have guessed they should be the other way around with Dallas opening at a higher number, like 6 & Titans 3.5.

I won't be at all surprised if the Cowboys are -6 by game time on MNF. And the Tennessee number drops another point or two.

Is Tyrod worth 3 points over Mills? Not sure about that. Mills an interesting player, very highly recruited, then can't consistently win a starting job at Stanford, but when he plays shows a really high ceiling against some good secondaries. Not ideal that he's starting on a short week this early in the season, but he's played in a pro-style offense for a long time so he shouldn't be that challenged mentally. I'm tempted with this number and think once the squares see a rookie is starting maybe I get an even bigger number. I think the Texans as a dysfunctional team story is way off and was highlighted due to the Watson bullshit going on, but are they really that much worse than the Panthers? So far I'd say Panthers are only slightly better but coming off a big win as a divisional home dog into a short week this screams take the points.

The Cards now -7.5 and I won't touch them in a big road favorite role ever. Careless with the ball and go long stretches of unfocused play. Hopkins was killing it first drive and then zero catches after it? Just don't get it with this team, can compete with anyone but on the road against the Jags can totally see them either losing or needing a late comeback to win it.

Indi-Titans, a divisional game, opened 6 at Piny, now 5.5.

Dallas-Phila div game opened at a mere 3.5, now 4.

I'd have guessed they should be the other way around with Dallas opening at a higher number, like 6 & Titans 3.5.

I won't be at all surprised if the Cowboys are -6 by game time on MNF. And the Tennessee number drops another point or two.

The Titans number does seem really high. Colts seemed to finally find themselves against the Rams and just came up short and some of it probably can be blamed on the time Wentz was out because Eason against the Rams secondary never had a shot. Plus their inability to score on a 1st and goal from the 1 cost them. Sounds like Wentz is still banged up but going to play so might be worth a play here because if Wentz is a go the number might drop back down to 3.

My favorite play of the week is Miami +3.5. I like Brissett better than Tua, especially if he gets the full week of practice with the ones. Raider hype train going strong, but every year they fall on their face badly after a few good wins. I still don't think the roster is that talented and we'll see if Carr is able to play effectively. I don't see any way the Raiders let Peterman start, but an injured Carr against a pissed off Dolphins D feels like a great spot getting these points and I'll probably back it up with some money line.

papa 5

EOG Veteran
My favorite play of the week is Miami +3.5. I like Brissett better than Tua, especially if he gets the full week of practice with the ones. Raider hype train going strong, but every year they fall on their face badly after a few good wins. I still don't think the roster is that talented and we'll see if Carr is able to play effectively. I don't see any way the Raiders let Peterman start, but an injured Carr against a pissed off Dolphins D feels like a great spot getting these points and I'll probably back it up with some money line.
Agree. Huge flat spot for Raiders.

railbird

EOG Master
The Titans number does seem really high. Colts seemed to finally find themselves against the Rams and just came up short and some of it probably can be blamed on the time Wentz was out because Eason against the Rams secondary never had a shot. Plus their inability to score on a 1st and goal from the 1 cost them. Sounds like Wentz is still banged up but going to play so might be worth a play here because if Wentz is a go the number might drop back down to 3.
rams run defense is a pile of shit, so they were able to run. Wentz is loose with the ball, titans value the ball, Henry in great form titans by 11

railbird

EOG Master
brissett better than tua is a moronic idea. dolfins d sucks, lisicki dinged up. raiders overrated but moreso when they are 3-0

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Big Ben is done. They had half of their D out last week. I do think Cincy is the play.

"8:20 PM EST. Let us get this straight before we shit in our pants. The 2-0 Panthers, who beat the Jets and Saints and were a -3½ point home favorite to open the year against said Jets are now spotting twice that on the road in Houston because Tyrod Taylor is on the mattress? Well, we have news for you, this is Tyrod Taylor’s 5th NFL team. He’s been around for 10 years and has done jack. He’s been a starter, a backup, a third stringer and now he’s injured and the market is reacting like he’s Kyle Murray? Enter Davis Mills.

Davis Mills only completed 8-of-18 passes for 102 yards and one TD in Cleveland last week. The rookie entered in the third quarter and threw an interception on his third pass. He threw most of his passes at Brandin Cook including his touchdown. Most of his incompletions to him were on deep passes. The market is reacting to a rookie QB getting his first start on a short week but we see it as something completely different. Mills got his feet wet. He’s been preparing for this moment for weeks, not days. He was thrown into the fire last week and didn’t look terrible. While Tyrod Taylor has years of experience and has paid his dues, he’s simply never been a good QB so we’re suggesting that the drop off from Taylor to Mills, if any, is very slight. Mills might actually be better in due time and a door has opened.

Carolina is also getting way too much credit for donkey-kicking the Saints last week. Thing is, the Saints lost all their coaches to covid protocol. They’ve been displaced and on the road for weeks. They were also coming off a massive win over the Packers in Week 1, thus, they were ripe as hell to get beat. Meanwhile, the Texans kicked Jacksonville’s ass in Week 1 and battled and covered in Cleveland last week.

Don't get carried away thinking that this 2021 Panthers team is strong because of one home win last week over an opponent who didn't offer NFL-caliber resistance. New Orleans was a bad football team last week in a bad situation and a bad spot. Furthermore, despite Matt Rhule amply demonstrating that however much he's raised the talent level -- and therefore the bar for Carolina's A-game, he can't get his team to play consistently enough week after week to be favored in this range in the third week of his second year. Until further notice, Rhule's Panthers will always be prone to weeks where poor weekday practices and gaffe-filled Sunday’s prevail (or Thursday in this case). The NFL has a lot of weak teams and some teams may emerge early with a decent record yet be largely a fraud. This week, we’re not buying the hype for an isolated Thursday game for a road team that was a -3½-point home choice against the Jets two weeks ago and barely covered in a five-point win. This is a massive overlay and we’re on it.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
"8:20 PM EST. Let us get this straight before we shit in our pants. The 2-0 Panthers, who beat the Jets and Saints and were a -3½ point home favorite to open the year against said Jets are now spotting twice that on the road in Houston because Tyrod Taylor is on the mattress? Well, we have news for you, this is Tyrod Taylor’s 5th NFL team. He’s been around for 10 years and has done jack. He’s been a starter, a backup, a third stringer and now he’s injured and the market is reacting like he’s Kyle Murray? Enter Davis Mills.

Davis Mills only completed 8-of-18 passes for 102 yards and one TD in Cleveland last week. The rookie entered in the third quarter and threw an interception on his third pass. He threw most of his passes at Brandin Cook including his touchdown. Most of his incompletions to him were on deep passes. The market is reacting to a rookie QB getting his first start on a short week but we see it as something completely different. Mills got his feet wet. He’s been preparing for this moment for weeks, not days. He was thrown into the fire last week and didn’t look terrible. While Tyrod Taylor has years of experience and has paid his dues, he’s simply never been a good QB so we’re suggesting that the drop off from Taylor to Mills, if any, is very slight. Mills might actually be better in due time and a door has opened.

Carolina is also getting way too much credit for donkey-kicking the Saints last week. Thing is, the Saints lost all their coaches to covid protocol. They’ve been displaced and on the road for weeks. They were also coming off a massive win over the Packers in Week 1, thus, they were ripe as hell to get beat. Meanwhile, the Texans kicked Jacksonville’s ass in Week 1 and battled and covered in Cleveland last week.

Don't get carried away thinking that this 2021 Panthers team is strong because of one home win last week over an opponent who didn't offer NFL-caliber resistance. New Orleans was a bad football team last week in a bad situation and a bad spot. Furthermore, despite Matt Rhule amply demonstrating that however much he's raised the talent level -- and therefore the bar for Carolina's A-game, he can't get his team to play consistently enough week after week to be favored in this range in the third week of his second year. Until further notice, Rhule's Panthers will always be prone to weeks where poor weekday practices and gaffe-filled Sunday’s prevail (or Thursday in this case). The NFL has a lot of weak teams and some teams may emerge early with a decent record yet be largely a fraud. This week, we’re not buying the hype for an isolated Thursday game for a road team that was a -3½-point home choice against the Jets two weeks ago and barely covered in a five-point win. This is a massive overlay and we’re on it.

I figured Sherwood would be on Houston. Laying 2 scores on the road is a major concern, considering its a short week.

Good stuff, pretty much my thoughts exactly. Tyrod should be close to a zero value.

LOMBARDI left the athletic..news to me..i would of kept him, he is on gm shuffle.
How much could they pay him? Athletic hires a bunch of green reporters who don't even know the sports they cover. I used to pay for it when it was reasonable but no way was it worth $70 a year when I read it like once every two weeks.

railbird

EOG Master

tyrod is 31-19 ats all time, his preseason halfs when he is involved is even better

MrTop

EOG Master
Yeah started out like 19.99 but then when renewal came up was 69.99. I told them no thanks thinking they would flip me some deal, but no dice.

the price is one thing with these services. The other problem is the time for us to read it or use it.

MrTop

EOG Master
PlayUP lines are from the prehistoric age. They have the titans at -3.5. Pirates getting +240 today. Tampa getting +2 the list goes on.

this has to be some sort of a set up. A sting for sure.