NHL 2021 Season

Bushay

NHL Expert
If this gives you such confidence, why aren't you going all-in on betting the Knights as underdogs tonight? Why do you sound so hesitant on this one key game, but more sure there is value in the series price?
My bet is a Cup future. Not series.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Give the game puck to Fluery. Difference maker tonight. He's playing like a kid again out there.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Carey Price looking tough to beat, Montreal won 5 in a row now. Fortunate with Vegas late goals to win in Regulation, hopefully continues through the weekend

Bushay

NHL Expert
Carey Price looking tough to beat, Montreal won 5 in a row now. Fortunate with Vegas late goals to win in Regulation, hopefully continues through the weekend
I wouldn't look at it like that. They were money when they needed to be most. They did what all great teams do. Their stars rose to the occasion exactly when they needed to. Reeves better not lose his cool on Tuesday. The comeback has officially been kickstarted. They've out fancystated them convincingly the last 7 periods. And this situation is not something new to both Fleury and Deboer. Can't say that about Grubauer and Bednar.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Buffalo has gotten Edmonton's luck now. Probably will win about as many playoff series as the Oilers too.
Unfortunatly neither team seems to understand winning comes from the top and works its way down. Hire a team president who understands what it takes to win and let him hire the teams important positions and let them do the job you hired them to do. Buffalo owner spends his money like a drunken sailor without a clue how to build a winner. Edmonton owner's team has missed the playoffs 10 of 12 years since he bought the team and now has Kenny Holland running the team into the ground just as he's done since the cap era began over in Detroit. Those poor Oiler fans since Gretzky left town. 😂😂😂

Unfortunatly neither team seems to understand winning comes from the top and works its way down. Hire a team president who understands what it takes to win and let him hire the teams important positions and let them do the job you hired them to do. Buffalo owner spends his money like a drunken sailor without a clue how to build a winner. Edmonton owner's team has missed the playoffs 10 of 12 years since he bought the team and now has Kenny Holland running the team into the ground just as he's done since the cap era began over in Detroit. Those poor Oiler fans since Gretzky left town. 😂😂😂

Sadly the Golden Knights owner seems to be going down that path too. They got a winner and a good team now, but I have zero faith that they will properly handle the downside and rebuild period that is inevitable with the way their cap and team are structured right now.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sadly the Golden Knights owner seems to be going down that path too. They got a winner and a good team now, but I have zero faith that they will properly handle the downside and rebuild period that is inevitable with the way their cap and team are structured right now.

BINGO!

It won't be long before VGK starts playing like VGK was expected to play in Year 1. I expect within afew years VGK will be struggling and the top team in that division will be my Avatar

"BINGO!

It won't be long before VGK starts playing like VGK was expected to play in Year 1. I expect within afew years VGK will be struggling and the top team in that division will be my Avatar"

-------------

Hahaha!

Last edited:

Bushay

NHL Expert
What makes you 2 feel the Vegas owner is going down this road? Fill me in. Don't they still have plenty of draft picks in the hopper to wheel and deal? When your team is close you go for it. Give me a winner like that any day of the week. That's a normal cycle for a team to sell part of their soul to give the fans a winner. You guys are gonna make me do some research now on this breaking development. Enlighten me, please.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I hope people in Las Vegas and all Golden Knights fans win or lose appreciate the good teams have had since they came into the league, such a rarity and set of circumstances for an expansion team.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Here's one opinion I found. Doesn't seem so terrible. Have to imagine the cap going up for everyone now that the buildings are opening up unless they base that on money in the bank which I believe they do so maybe not a big cap increase.

Looking ahead

For next season, Vegas is going to be right against the Upper Limit throughout and will have to carry a minimum-sized roster or very close to it to stay in cap compliance, which certainly carries some risks. It also all but certainly means that general manager Kelly McCrimmon won’t be able to add an impact player at the trade deadline as they’ve done in the past unless they’re sending similar money the other way.
This won’t be a short-term issue by any stretch. As things stand, the Golden Knights are largely going to be capped out for the foreseeable future, but they might have a bit of short-term room to play with in 2022-23 with two big tickets coming off the books in Fleury and Smith. But with nearly $40M committed for 2024-25 already, the majority of the heavy lifting in terms of roster composition is already done. They might still be relatively new in the NHL, but there’s no doubt about it: They’re a cap-spending team and will be for years to come.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
That's an interesting breakdown on the Knights thanks

Not sure how much it helped my handicapping in the bubble and this year but I enjoyed using cap friendly site as a supportive tool.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Was wondering if anybody has a database to find out if you can just play all dogs (at least +05) in the stanley cup playoffs. Maybe you would exclude the finals. Seems like they do well.

Bushay

NHL Expert
What a sloppy played game by both sides. This certainly wasn't the game plan for either team going into this one.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
"BINGO!

It won't be long before VGK starts playing like VGK was expected to play in Year 1. I expect within afew years VGK will be struggling and the top team in that division will be my Avatar"

-------------

Hahaha!

We shall see. The #1 or #2 (NYR) rated farm system in the game and massive cap space opening up soon to go with many draft picks

I am looking to find a book in Vegas that will book this for me: Kings to win the Stanley Cup by the end of the 2029-30 season

I have asked around and got no replies yet but hope a book will offer me a price and if so I will be playing it. I have a minimum price in mind as to what I need to make this bet and if I get it I will be playing it.

Bushay

NHL Expert
TB will not lose this one. Even if Carolina scores next. Waiting on another Carolina goal so I can live bet TB.

Bushay

NHL Expert
We shall see. The #1 or #2 (NYR) rated farm system in the game and massive cap space opening up soon to go with many draft picks

I am looking to find a book in Vegas that will book this for me: Kings to win the Stanley Cup by the end of the 2029-30 season

I have asked around and got no replies yet but hope a book will offer me a price and if so I will be playing it. I have a minimum price in mind as to what I need to make this bet and if I get it I will be playing it.
A top-rated farm system does not equal success. Scotty Bowmans in the HOF from making bold trades on unproven NHL talent for proven performers. Don't get your hopes up too high Winky. You need a smart GM to turn those highly rated draft picks into success.

I'll give you +100 for 10 toonies.

What makes you 2 feel the Vegas owner is going down this road? Fill me in. Don't they still have plenty of draft picks in the hopper to wheel and deal? When your team is close you go for it. Give me a winner like that any day of the week. That's a normal cycle for a team to sell part of their soul to give the fans a winner. You guys are gonna make me do some research now on this breaking development. Enlighten me, please.

I was a day one season ticket buyer of the Knights, I have followed them from the first noise came out that a team could be in Vegas so I have a pretty lengthy knowledge of where they were and how they got here. The team did all the right things up until the first trade deadline when they traded for Tatar, a player that didn't really fit what they were doing and cost them a lot of draft capital. It was clear McPhee was shocked at how good they were, he really was planning on doing the normal expansion path of trading everything he could by the team's second draft and keeping just a few pieces to build on. Then they got good and he went crazy going for it as you say. But that meant taking the team they had which was good enough to win the West and completely changing its style and philosophy. He acquired some nice contracts and signed existing players to very good extensions, but they had loads of cap room which a smart GM would have used in a much different way. They had everything in place to be good for a decade and if things fell right with young guys developing or one or two free agents, they could win a cup or two.

Then the owner Foley got involved, insisted on giving Fleury an overpriced extension, they gave Reaves WAY too much for 2 years which is unclear if that was Foley or McPhee's doing, they gave away Suzuki for Pacioretty, not a horrible deal but not really necessary. Then they got Lehner which at first didn't seem to be a bad idea, but not moving Fleury to go with it was just a disaster. In a cap world spending 15% of it on goalies is not a proper strategy. They topped it off by spending way too much on Pietroangelo for much too long and giving away Schmidt and Stastny to accommodate the contract and keeping on two high priced goalies. To sum it up because the owner is old, they are like trying to buy a cup for him as soon as possible and that's a recipe for disaster if you don't actually get it. If they don't win it this year, watch Foley will demand another round of crazy moves getting someone like Eichel and giving away better value talent and every young player they got. And teams that were internally built like Colorado and Tampa will still be better and still be in position to be a serious threat for years to come. Meanwhile, they hired a coach with a vanilla offense that teams like the Wild can compete with, especially when he insists on using trash like Reaves when they have younger talent they could be developing on the third and fourth lines. I doubt DeBoer is around too much longer, his welcome is always worn out fast. I'd hope they get rid of McPhee as well, these guys are playing systems and strategies that were good a decade ago. The GM in name they have now has real potential and considering his background in the WHL I doubt he's of the belief that you win by buying top end talent at premium price. He's done pretty good in the draft, but this coach doesn't like rookies so few are getting much of a shot right now.

No doubt this has been a great story and unprecedented success, but they can be so much more. Seattle probably won't have nearly the year one success, but they see the blueprint the Knights laid out and if they are smart they also see the mistakes made in trying to buy a cup winner before its time. Playoffs in three and Cup in six turned out to be a very reasonable strategy, but along the way they forgot it.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Going with the Golden Showers -109 today. Take away G1 and the Showers have been every bit as good, or better, than the Avs

I'm holding 2 Stanley Cup tickets one for the Avs at +450 and one for the Knights at +1000. These two teams are so evenly matched it's almost one of those series you can play it game by game taking the team that's forced to make the adjustment from the game before. Tonight it's the Avs +100.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I would expect another strong effort from Vegas today, have the series going 7 along with the Bruins series.

SHOUT OUT to Canada at the World Hockey Championship, 1st team in 80+ years to start the tournament 0-3 and win the GOLD MEDAL, great game to take it on OT

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Going with these today, enjoy the games

Jets Team Total Under 2.5 -133 - 0.5 unit pinny
Both Home teams total goals more than visiting teams -112 - 0.5 unit pinny
Vegas to win in 60 Min. Regulation Even - 0.5 unit pinny