NHL 2021 Season

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Looking at some numbers for Vegas and Montreal.
It’s clear that the unique NHL COVID schedule this year has worked to the advantage to Montreal over Vegas.

******Less is More *******. Habs. VGK
Reg season home games in May 4. 3
Reg season road games in May. 3. 4
Travel miles In May reg season. 710. 5853
Days off in May before playoffs. 12. 8
Days off between reg season and playoffs. 7. 3
Total days off in playoffs. 14. 12
Travel miles playoffs. 1st 2 rounds only. 4842. 9636
Total playoff games 1st 2 rounds only. 11. 13

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
As much as I felt I had a decent angles on certain teams or games throughout the season at this point I have no clue who's going to take it as all 4 seem like realistic possible Champs

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
This might have been the biggest key to the series, they were so much better with him.

I am waiting for the day someone shoves a stick - blade end first - down this motherfucker's throat or ass. Pussy Perry is someone you just wanna punch until your arm falls off its socket

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
This might have been the biggest key to the series, they were so much better with him.

Ya he's a big part of their top 4 defensemen and the most offensive defensemen when Montreal needs it because they are a mostly defensive team.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Ya he's a big part of their top 4 defensemen and the most offensive defensemen when Montreal needs it because they are a mostly defensive team.
The Habs were tough defensively because of their defensive system.

They would bring all 3 forwards all the way back deep into their own zone to help their defencemen check the opposing forwards.
It becomes a 5 on 3 scenario defensively and the Habs quick forwards were winning the battles for the puck mostly because
of their strategy of swarming the Vegas forwards who were outnumbered in the Montreal defensive zone.

The interesting part of this strategy is that the Habs really didn’t care about the VGK point men who were seldom a serious threat
anyway, so long as Price could see the shots.
This system worked because the Habs have speedy forwards who work effectively with their defencemen in their own end.

I am waiting for the day someone shoves a stick - blade end first - down this motherfucker's throat or ass. Pussy Perry is someone you just wanna punch until your arm falls off its socket
Wrong guy Wink. Perry was helpful to the Habs but PETRY was invaluable.

Guys like Petry are really instructive to average fans who don't understand cap and roster construction. At deadlines past teams were thinking of Petry as an insurance policy or nice to have but to a team without a lot of depth his value is huge.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Easing into this one 62 - TBAY Under 5.5 -156 pinny 0.5 unit

Have Futures on Montreal so hedged some on TBAY hoping Habs win game 1

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Going backwards in the finals with mostly smaller individual plays, looks like a frustrating end to the season as my futures looked strong going down the stretch, 3 of the futures were with Vegas down 2 games to 0 at 16.5-1 against Colorado and Montreal down 2-1 and 3-1 to Toronto picking up 50-1 and 150-1 at bookmaker. My goal is always worse case to hedge out a profit. I also had an Isles 38.5-1 I picked up at pinny before the season started in Jan. 2021. It's been my most involved futures market in any sport ever with different positions. So had 3 of the last 4 teams left and if the Isles win Im holding 2 significant futures in the finals and can sit back. Unfortunately it did not workout that way so had to lay a decent amount at a high number on TBay to protect myself in the finals. I will still profit from the future positions but not near the amount if the Isles would have played Vegas or Montreal.

Once it's all done I will take a break and hopefully do something similar for the CFL next months being back in action after not playing last year. I enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and contributions. Update Includes recent losses and Vegas Series loss.

87-58-2 +34.20

Excellent year Sharky, nice pre-season calls on your part got you to the spot where you could profit in the end. Tough to make money hedging futures with the high house hold so to do so at a decent profit is a good accomplishment. I usually don't play the futures but due to all the bonuses the books in Colorado gave I took a shot at these and looks like the Lightning play will work out for me. I did a small hedge this week taking Montreal at 10-1 for a few bucks just to insure a small profit, but Tampa's win will be a nice cap to my season.

I think game 4 is a good spot for the Habs. Lines are moving up like they normally do for teams down 3-0, but that is illogical as history shows teams in this hole are actually decent bets, most likely from the extra value they are given by square bettors who can't bet against what they have seen so far. Habs have to be thinking lets just get one win at home, don't want to see them take the Cup here, plus to have a win in the Finals on home ice is a great reward for the team and the long suffering fan base. Lightning probably wouldn't mind winning Cup on home ice in front of fans this year so urgency might not be there. Plus Price is due for one last stand, he's stolen a game in each round so far so could be his time here.

I can get +146 at Wynn on Habs but I'll wait, I could see this line continuing to go up.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks WB, looks like a nice coast for TBay and your futures, probably right on game 4 being a good spot for Habs then again I thought game 3 was a good spot after a strong effort in game 2. Should be interesting to see if the Habs make any changes for game 4 lineup wise and when its all over we have the expansion draft coming up before the end of July!! GL in game 4 WB

Bushay

NHL Expert
Way to go Sharky. Great season with good common sense analysis along the way. Always respectful as well. Looking forward to the next NHL season. I tune out to people without knowledge of the game or a lack of common sense while discussing getting to the winner's circle. Hard to find fault with a guy posting winners all season long. 🤜

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks Bushay, we have good hockey knowledge here, definitely helped me personally when deciding on certain game handicaps and situations. I started the thread for various reasons but one was to centralize everything in one place instead of having different scattered threads.

I'm back for more Finals pain, tried it last time and trying again, gulp 22- Montreal 1st period +121 pinny 0.5 unit

Huge $ on Montreal this game ML, Reg, PL, 1P if the Pinnacle late line moves was any indicator. Also the unders 1P & game.

Thanks Bushay, we have good hockey knowledge here, definitely helped me personally when deciding on certain game handicaps and situations. I started the thread for various reasons but one was to centralize everything in one place instead of having different scattered threads.

I'm back for more Finals pain, tried it last time and trying again, gulp 22- Montreal 1st period +121 pinny 0.5 unit
Got a little lucky against the run of play, but about time that cashed for you Sharky.

Huge $ on Montreal this game ML, Reg, PL, 1P if the Pinnacle late line moves was any indicator. Also the unders 1P & game.

Bad night for the books or, at least, Pinnacle?

The unders - 1P, under 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8.5 all cash.

The Habs sides - 1P & game ML, +1/2, +1.5 all cash.

Heim

EOG Master
Amazing how much pride hockey players have. Down 3-0 they don't give a inch. In the NBA, team down
3-0 has already made reservations for Hawaii.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Good observation Heim, Habs fought the whole game to gain an inch despite the fact it appears they are overmatched in multiple aspects of the game.

Amazing how much pride hockey players have. Down 3-0 they don't give a inch. In the NBA, team down
3-0 has already made reservations for Hawaii.

This varies a lot though in NBA. There are definitely some teams who early in the playoffs basically want it to be over with. Later on the teams show more fight and betting a team down 3-0 is over time has been a very profitable play once you get rid of the teams that never had a chance and don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Generally NHL teams don't give up because the games are so close that winning 4 in a row isn't an impossibility. Plus situationally teams at home down 3-0 are much better than road teams, you don't want to lose without getting at least one win for the fans. Add in the "incentive" the Lightning had to win on home ice after the mayor mentioned it and then the factor that their wives and family couldn't be there last night and I made the call that the Habs were in a great situational spot. Don't know if they fully deserved to win, but they kept it close through a good effort and maybe the Lightning not showing 100% killer instinct made the difference.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
As Frank Sinatara once beautifully sang,
"and now the end is near ...........I did it my way".
Sad to say it but Tampa Bay should do their thing tonight
and bury winter and let North America focus on the summer.
They wanted to win it it at home and so it will be.

Good night till NCAA - NFL time

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Wanted to wait till it was finished to post the pain, I posted it from my phone so I couldn't figure out how to size it properly. I had futures on 3 teams and added 2 more along the way with Montreal being down 2-1 and 3-1 to Toronto and Vegas down 2-0 to Colorado. Obviously fortunate they both got through and it was the perfect storm for awhile as I got more aggressive than I normally would since it was a decent NHL betting season. So in the finals I'm sitting with the Montreal futures, Isles before the season $333 X 38.5-1 returning over 13k and Vegas 888 X 16.5-1 returning over 15k when down 2-0 to Colorado.

To have 3 of the 4 finalists with significant futures is sick and won't ever happen for me again so it was a downer TBay won but they were the better team and congrats to them on back to back Stanley Cups. I did hedge a decent amount combined on +290 before the semis, -238 + -252 on Finals Series when the line came out and shortly after. Thanks again to everyone for their opinions, input and contributions through the year.

88-58-2 +34.80 units

bobodad

EOG Addicted
Congrats to Sharky for an excellent NHL season. Thanks to all the posters for their valuable contribution on this thread.