NHL 2022-2023

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Hawks cash B2B big dog tickets. Kane with 5 goals in those two games. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes to before the deadline, some talk about Vegas.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Big dog tickets brother on your hometown hawks! Trading deadline is one of my favorites times of the year.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Will add these to include in record

After 1st Period 0-0 Pittsburgh -125 - bet365 1 unit

After 2nd Period score 3-1 Florida ........... Tampa Bay to win or tie in 60 minute regulation +330 - bet365 1 unit

Bushay

NHL Expert
won't include in record TBay down 3-0, there's +1025 live out there as a small flyer
I was on them also down 3-1 in the 3rd at +830 I believe it was. All TB in the 3rd but couldn't get it past Bob. Rang a couple of posts but Fla held up that onslaught. I'd make that bet again.

Last edited:

Bushay

NHL Expert
Toronto goes into Edmonton tonight with their new lineup. TV ratings in Canada tonight will be sky-high.

Leafs got much better for the playoffs, IF, all those new guys can jell together. The lineup clearly better for the playoffs, but it's risky with that much turnover sometimes.

I have 2 futures on the Rangers (+1000) and Edmonton (+950) at very good odds. They pick up Ekholm, but goaltending has not been addressed as of yet and Holland has little money or draft picks to spare. But their time is now and need to go for it. He owes it to the fans as well as his 2 mega stars.

Little better for hockey fans than trade deadline day. Or week this year.

TB-NYR-Tor-Bos-NJ are all loading up in the East. Yet the West has the scariest teams for playoff opponents in Colorado and Edm once the season ends. McDavid could be unstoppable this year. It reminds me a little of the disappointment and interview McKinnon did after they were knocked out the year before they won it all last year. Unless injured, imo he can win any game singlehandedly no matter who the opponent is. The most dangerous player to lace them up in years. Like McKinnon, he understands what another loss will do to his legacy. And not someone I want to bet against. I would just feel a little better if they can improve their goaltending.

When making my Rangers futures play, I felt it was an excellent bet and that was before they added Kane and Taresenko. It's crazy but, in my gut, I don't feel as good since TB and the Leafs just retooled. Would feel a lot better had they not dealt Reeves earlier this season. They have the talent, not as comfortable with their team toughness. As well as individually. They are going to get pushed around. Those arenas get smaller once the playoffs start.

Vasilevskiy seems more beatable than in the past even though his numbers don't show it. Toronto's goalie tandem not scaring any playoff-tested team. NJ is not playoff-tested tough. I think they exit early meeting any of these teams. The Bruins will be the favorite, but I predict they run out of gas before the others noted. They needed a better tweak than they currently made. Chychrun is still on the market though.

If you're a hockey fan and not excited for the stretch run and playoffs now, check your pulse. It's on now!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I was on them also down 2-1 in the 3rd at +830 I believe it was. All TB in the 3rd but couldn't get it past Bob. Rang a couple of posts but Fla held up that onslaught. I'd make that bet again.
I agree it was worth a shot and I'd do it again also, at one point late in the game, 3rd period shots were Tampa Bay 18 Florida 3 and add in at least 2 posts for Tampa. Oh well it was entertaining anyways and would have been a nice hit for us had it got there.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Last one was a push, two late ones tonight, wanted to Dallas under 6 but missed puck drop, might get ingame

Minny under 6 -119 - 1 unit - betregal
LAKings -165 - 1 unit - bet365

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Minny Under 0.5 TTotal 1st period +152 - 0.3 unit - betregal
Minny Under 3.5 TTotal game -137 - 0.3 unit - pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Tough way to end the night, hopefully this one gets there

Minnesota-Arizona Under 6 -152 60 Min Regulation Line - 1 unit - Betregal

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I guess it turned out with a 10 goal 1st period they tied for the most goals in NHL history in the 1st period.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Missed the start of this one but will still jump on after the 1st period

After 1st period score 1-0 Peds - Jets-Preds Under 5.5 -181 - 1 unit

choslamshe

EOG Master
Absolutely zero value with the Bruins IMO heading into the playoffs. Team's record is deceiving compared to the way they're playing. With how tough the East is this year, won't surprise me if they get beat rather easily by any of the top 4 teams in the second round.

9 minutes to go at home to the Habs. Up 3-2 but getting absolutely dominated. Seems to be a recurring theme more often than not lately.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Absolutely zero value with the Bruins IMO heading into the playoffs. Team's record is deceiving compared to the way they're playing. With how tough the East is this year, won't surprise me if they get beat rather easily by any of the top 4 teams in the second round.

9 minutes to go at home to the Habs. Up 3-2 but getting absolutely dominated. Seems to be a recurring theme more often than not lately.
8-3 in March so far and 5-0 last 5. Guess I disagree. And they don't really have much to play for but working on fine-tuning things once the playoffs start. I made a post earlier in this thread thinking if they didn't make any key trades, I figured they would run out of gas so to speak. Then they made key pickups in Bertuzzi, Orlov, and Hathaway. They have the hottest goalie in the league and an excellent backup. Their defense is deep and talented, and most of their forwards have played deep into the playoffs in the past. This is likely their captain's last season, I'm guessing they have the motivation to go out a winner. They are currently 4-1 to win the cup and 2-1 to win the East. Just my opinion, but you'd be crazy to bet against this team.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for the comments and insight as we approach the Stanley Cup Playoffs. While you guys are here a few plays would be cool in good times and bad. I'm definitely in the bad in recent weeks so anything you guys want to share is appreciated with a large slate of games this weekend.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Leafs +0.5 -128 60 Min Reg Line - 0.5 unit - pinny
Ottawa-NJ Over 6.5 -117 - 0.5 unit - pinny
Vancouver +1 -124 - 0.5 - 60 Min Reg Line - pinny

Bushay

NHL Expert
Looks like a profitable day to me. That's a well-coached Canes team even without Svechnikov and Pacioretty.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
8-3 in March so far and 5-0 last 5. Guess I disagree. And they don't really have much to play for but working on fine-tuning things once the playoffs start. I made a post earlier in this thread thinking if they didn't make any key trades, I figured they would run out of gas so to speak. Then they made key pickups in Bertuzzi, Orlov, and Hathaway. They have the hottest goalie in the league and an excellent backup. Their defense is deep and talented, and most of their forwards have played deep into the playoffs in the past. This is likely their captain's last season, I'm guessing they have the motivation to go out a winner. They are currently 4-1 to win the cup and 2-1 to win the East. Just my opinion, but you'd be crazy to bet against this team.
Looks like they righted the ship after losing in Chicago.

Sure seems like a lot of teams trying to tank now.