Nice to see scumbag Izzo eat it

Re: Nice to see scumbag Izzo eat it

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAOWhat a classic thread this is going to turn out to be:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Izzo and State headed to the Final Four

Never ever change RailFagg. promise us pal:LMAO

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Re: nice to see scumbag izzo eat shit

Re: nice to see scumbag izzo eat shit

Let me get this right.

1 National Title
6 Final Fours
12 Sweet 16's
7 Big Ten League Regular Season Titles
4 Big Ten Tournament Titles.

And he's overrated?

And Railbird's claim to fame is sucking on Kelly's nutsack.

Add one to the Final Four count.

:LMAO

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Izzo and his in game adjustments were on point today. Not many coaches bring this team back and outscore them 44-30 after the 1st half.

Not really an Izzo nut hugger but he impressed me today.

Good job Coach!

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Izzo and his in game adjustments were on point today. Not many coaches bring this team back and outscore them 44-30 after the 1st half.

Not really an Izzo nut hugger but he impressed me today.

Good job Coach!

You don't have to be to appreciate just how good he is.

Izzo is one of the all-timers.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Nice to see Coach Izzo and Coach K shove it up Railfraud's ass......Rail's man is happy......

West coast baskets are overrated....

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Rail sort of quiet on this disaster of a thread he has made...

Most overhyped coach ever.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

:mutley

Kleuger

EOG Senior Member

Izzo is the best coach in sports.

But he's a bit of a scumbag.

I don't think I can name a coach at the top of college basketball who isn't a scumbag.

In order to get the AAU kids, you have to live in the slop with the pigs.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I don't think I can name a coach at the top of college basketball who isn't a scumbag.

In order to get the AAU kids, you have to live in the slop with the pigs.

I was more referring to his comments on the Bruce Weber firing. He owned Weber head to head and he was clearly bad for the Illinois program but Izzo talked shit about Illinois for canning him even though Illinois gave him a long time to turn his act around. He shouldn't have stuck his nose in Illinois' business, but certainly shouldn't have done so when he was flat out wrong.

yisman

EOG Master

He liked Weber, obviously. Nothing wrong with defending a friend.

I've seen plenty of coaches who criticized other program for firing a guy they considered to be a good coach.

Meanwhile, Groce has led the Illini to consecutive NITs, so I'm not sure they were correct in dumping Weber for Groce.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

He liked Weber, obviously. Nothing wrong with defending a friend.

I've seen plenty of coaches who criticized other program for firing a guy they considered to be a good coach.

Meanwhile, Groce has led the Illini to consecutive NITs, so I'm not sure they were correct in dumping Weber for Groce.

Not like Weber is living it up at Kansas State. Firing Weber was long overdue, although it looks like Groce may have been a swing and a miss as well.

yisman

EOG Master

Not like Weber is living it up at Kansas State. Firing Weber was long overdue, although it looks like Groce may have been a swing and a miss as well.

Kansas State is not the program Illinois is. Lower expectations, inferior resources, less history.

Illinois does not exactly have a track record of good decision-making.

munson15

I want winners...

Izzo has had the rep of being a fantastic coach in March for 15 years and he keeps producing final four teams...the definition of great, especially considering FW's post above re: his recruiting classes.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I like Illinois but it's not a final destination job. They will never get a difference maker from Chicago until they hire one of the city-league scumbags.

yisman

EOG Master

Michigan State has made nine E8s and seven final fours since Izzo took over.

It had been sixteen years since their last ELITE EIGHT when Izzo took over.

Pre-Izzo, the last time Michigan State ever had real tournament success was 1979. No Elite 8s from then until Izzo took over in 1995. Nine in 20 years for Izzo now.

Michigan State in their entire history has only made 9 final fours, and 7 of the 9 came under Izzo.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Betting against Izzo in post season has probably been a disaster.Similar to MSU'S Football's D'antonio

railbird

EOG Master

Izzo is like Tiger Woods, I don't mind them, its their fan base I cant stand.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Kansas State is not the program Illinois is. Lower expectations, inferior resources, less history.

Illinois does not exactly have a track record of good decision-making.

My main issue is that Weber took over an elite program because Self made it one... so Weber turning that 2005 team into shitty recruit after shitty recruit after shitty recruit is SQUARELY on him.

Recruiting in college basketball is very momentum based. Illinois had all of the momentum and Weber coached Self's recruits well, but he didn't continue the recruiting momentum Self started and he also stopped coaching well.

Weber is a nice guy, obviously cares about the guys, but he was a failure in Illinois and that was obvious to anyone with a brain. Izzo speaking up for him when he wasn't performing was just stupid, seemed more self serving because hell, Izzo benefits from Illinois being a nobody and Weber was making certain that always remained the case.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

My main issue is that Weber took over an elite program because Self made it one... so Weber turning that 2005 team into shitty recruit after shitty recruit after shitty recruit is SQUARELY on him.

Recruiting in college basketball is very momentum based. Illinois had all of the momentum and Weber coached Self's recruits well, but he didn't continue the recruiting momentum Self started and he also stopped coaching well.

Weber is a nice guy, obviously cares about the guys, but he was a failure in Illinois and that was obvious to anyone with a brain. Izzo speaking up for him when he wasn't performing was just stupid, seemed more self serving because hell, Izzo benefits from Illinois being a nobody and Weber was making certain that always remained the case.

Coaches will always back each other, its the nature of the business.

Lets look at why Weber failed. The Chicago Public League was pissed that U of I didn't hire a black coach, so they sent their top guys out of state.

railbird

EOG Master

Michigan st is allowed to handcheck ball handlers, bump cutters, shove post players in March. Refs give Izzo everything he needs and more. See the NMSU game and the phantom lane violation on Gillenwater. See the Iowa St elite 8 game with the double foul on block charge when Eustachy went nuts.

938four

EOG Dedicated

maybe more coaches should mimic izzo's in game coaching style if thats the case and

whats that hve to do w the fan base u mentioned?:doh1