Nice to see scumbag Izzo eat it

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Nice to see scumbag Izzo eat it

Izzo would never lose first round of the NIT with a team full of 5 star All Americans like Calipari did.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Izzo would never lose first round of the NIT with a team full of 5 star All Americans like Calipari did.

You would like to think not, but the motivation for Kentucky for the game at Robert Morris was lacking. Heck, those UK kids played in front of more fans in high school. UK was only -5.5 vs a team that was 200+ spots under them. Its hard getting the kids to focus on a game like that. I enjoyed it greatly.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

You would like to think not, but the motivation for Kentucky for the game at Robert Morris was lacking. Heck, those UK kids played in front of more fans in high school. UK was only -5.5 vs a team that was 200+ spots under them. Its hard getting the kids to focus on a game like that. I enjoyed it greatly.

My bigger point is that Izzo would be able to coach them up enough throughout the season for a team that talented to not miss the tournament.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Look at the talent of that Kentucky team:

Poythress
Ryan Harrow
Kyle Wiltjer
Nerlens Noel
Willie-Cauley Stein

We'd be talking about whether Izzo could have won it all with that team, youth or not.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Look at the talent of that Kentucky team:

Poythress
Ryan Harrow
Kyle Wiltjer
Nerlens Noel
Willie-Cauley Stein

We'd be talking about whether Izzo could have won it all with that team, youth or not.

No doubt. Then again, Izzo gets local (midwestern) kids that want to be coached while UK is getting national recruits that have egos.

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated

yeah right izzo overrated?....7 final fours.....nuff said...seven...only coach k and pitino in that category...end of story

kane

EOG master

yeah right izzo overrated?....7 final fours.....nuff said...seven...only coach k and pitino in that category...end of story

Izzo got the head job at MSU in 1995, like you pointed out, he's been to 7 FF's which is more than any other coach in the country since then

yisman

EOG Master

I'm surprised to see railbird direct such vitriol towards a white coach.

railbird

EOG Master

Izzo got the head job at MSU in 1995, like you pointed out, he's been to 7 FF's which is more than any other coach in the country since then

Bo Ryan more impressive, 16 playoff appearances in row at Wiscy, school had like 2 before that. Mich st was always good with heathcoat

railbird

EOG Master

BTW gonna be fun watchingTrump shove it u your ass in FLA today

yisman

EOG Master

Bo Ryan more impressive, 16 playoff appearances in row at Wiscy, school had like 2 before that. Mich st was always good with heathcoat

Michigan State's last 16 seasons under Heathcoat, they made the tournament only 7 times, and their best finish was advancing to the Sweet 16.

Out of those 16 seasons, the Spartans were above .500 in conference play 7 times. They were a below average team in their own conference.

railbird

EOG Master

You're just upset I exposed you at BT, now everyone there knows what you're all about

everyone knows me there all ready. Just made an appearance and post some to help Ed out with his site

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This game Railbird's wet dream.

The worst loss in NCAA tournament history: Tom Izzo

MTSU is 50/60 spots worse than Lehigh was back in 2012.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Maybe Rail can educate us in how the new rules suck. Seems like it helps the little guy more - just like I said.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Mid tenn truly deserved this game. Mich st played fairly well, Mid Tenn just played better.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Mid tenn truly deserved this game. Mich st played fairly well, Mid Tenn just played better.

lol played fairly well

they turned it over constantly and their defense was atrocious

MSU was not prepared for the defense MTSU threw at them, nor the offense they threw at them.

Again, statistically, this is the worst loss in NCAA tournament history. And it looked like it. Big black mark on Izzo's resume. 'Izzo in march' is no more.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

lol played fairly well

MSU was not prepared for the defense MTSU threw at them, nor the offense they threw at them.

Again, statistically, this is the worst loss in NCAA tournament history. And it looked like it. Big black mark on Izzo's resume. 'Izzo in march' is no more.
It's no mark on Izzo. Do it 2-3 more times, we'll reassess.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

It's no mark on Izzo. Do it 2-3 more times, we'll reassess.

He's got one title and this was a prime opportunity for another one.

Pretty clear what happened, he took the first round off and prepared for Syracuse/Dayton a bit more. Poor move.

MTSU is very easy to beat. Gimmicky attacking defense. Can beat it with any preparation what so ever.

rainbow

EOG Master

lol played fairly well

That's why I don't have Izzo first on my coaching list. You can verify everything that was posted about what I said on page #4 of this thread.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This is your post on March 13th, 2016.

Can update my opinion based on a major event.

This was a pretty major event. It's the worst loss in the history of the NCAA tournament. Never been a 16 over a 1 and this is one of the worst 15's to ever win.

gmcarroll33

EOG Member

lol played fairly well

I dunno what their #s were to compare them, but all black colleges like Coppin St taking down S. Carolina in 1997, and Hampton taking down Iowa St in 2001 were pretty awful. MTST plays in a better conference than the MEAC

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Can update my opinion based on a major event.

This was a pretty major event. It's the worst loss in the history of the NCAA tournament. Never been a 16 over a 1 and this is one of the worst 15's to ever win.

Why do you think they were one of worse 15s to ever win? Team played a great game.

kane

EOG master

I just saw where Norfolk St beating Missouri was the biggest upset in tournament history, don't know what year

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I dunno what their #s were to compare them, but all black colleges like Coppin St taking down S. Carolina in 1997, and Hampton taking down Iowa St in 2001 were pretty awful. MTST plays in a better conference than the MEAC

Hampton was ranked 108th on Kenpom in 2002, don't feel like looking up 2001 but I would guess comparable since their records were the same... and Iowa State basketball not really a respectable power. Certainly that plays a factor. Coppin State not sure either.

Maybe it's safer to say this is one of the 2-3 worst games in the history of the tournament, but I don't think that changes much. MSU didn't lead for a second, so that certainly adds to the embarrassment.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Norfolk State/Missouri is a contender as well. But again, it's Missouri. You don't expect much.

With Izzo and everyone saying this team was primed to win it all, not leading a second vs #15 MTSU... hard to beat that as far as embarrassment goes. Team was soft and poorly coached up for this game.

gmcarroll33

EOG Member

Hampton was ranked 108th on Kenpom in 2002, don't feel like looking up 2001 but I would guess comparable since their records were the same... and Iowa State basketball not really a respectable power. Certainly that plays a factor. Coppin State not sure either.

Maybe it's safer to say this is one of the 2-3 worst games in the history of the tournament, but I don't think that changes much. MSU didn't lead for a second, so that certainly adds to the embarrassment.

I'm just waiting for the 1st #1 seed to lose to a #16 to be dook and Coach K, when he's announced before the season that it will be his last. He deserves that honor